viking002
Da Sigma

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Tons, actually. Many of the issues dye experienced with the SLAPS ASA and the DSRs reg were due to tanks outputting well over their rated pressure. Tank reg maintenance is necessary too.
My Ninja tank has had spikes like crazy near the end life of the internals. Caused marker some marker issues for me and this would have been handy in times like that.
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2020, 07:32 PM #23
Simon
INCEPTION

Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends IX
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
One of the BIGGEST values of this is detecting regulator creep. That's super hard to verify otherwise on a Tank Reg, HPR or LPR and can really affect performance and be tough to diagnose.

Then setting the tank to work best with your high end gun is really nice, especially now that many manufacturers recommend lower or specific output ranges for their guns.

The biggest value with a 'cocker is not verifying or setting the exact pressures, as there is such a range that can be used, but it's with making sure they aren't creeping.

It's been pretty fascinating teching 'cockers seeing how many regs have creep issues, now that older guns are getting used again, and then when we started to test tank regs it showed how many were having issues due to wet air deposits or lack of maintenance.

Also many tanks straight out of the box are NOT outputting the pressures we expect them to... we have seen '800 psi' output tanks putting out over 1100psi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertstatic View Post
Anybody find the lpr adapter sold separately ?
Yes we have it available separately.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:56 PM #24
AirAssault

AirAssault is a Supporting Member
AirAssault owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Edit... never mind... I saw the poorly placed disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

The picture of the standard regulator shows a liquid filled gauge... mine is not liquid filled.... is the picture wrong or did I get the wrong gauge?
Old 07-28-2020, 10:31 AM #25
Simon
INCEPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirAssault View Post
Edit... never mind... I saw the poorly placed disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

The picture of the standard regulator shows a liquid filled gauge... mine is not liquid filled.... is the picture wrong or did I get the wrong gauge?
They do not have filled gauges. The picture is from a prototype and we moved away from the filled gauges after one broke in our tool box, making a mess, and we found the normal gauges gave a better indicator if a regulator was slow to recharge.

The dial always moves slower with a filled gauge and it wasn't so apparent if a regulator had issues. It's much more apparent if a regulator has slow recharge with the gauge it comes with, hence the change.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:52 AM #26
ironyusa

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon, just a suggestion, but why not add quick connects to the gauges and the ASA so that you can easily swap pressures without a tool? That way you could move from the LP configuration to the HP in seconds.

METHOD Development
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:14 AM #27
bchu

bchu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkeru2k View Post
Every tank I have tested for someone has been at 900 PSI out of the box.
This makes my Mag happy...

That aside, as a player that switches between markers (pump, cockers, mags, modern mechs, etc.) this is really useful since each one of those prefers a different output pressure. I mean, I have a reg tester that I made on my own but they're definitely on the clunky side.
bchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:15 AM #28
Simon
INCEPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Simon, just a suggestion, but why not add quick connects to the gauges and the ASA so that you can easily swap pressures without a tool? That way you could move from the LP configuration to the HP in seconds.
We have them coming. We just weren't able to source high pressure quick disconnects as quickly as we would have liked.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:23 PM #29
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
We have them coming. We just weren't able to source high pressure quick disconnects as quickly as we would have liked.
So what you're saying is if you want something like that then its best to hold off on ordering for a bit then?
Old 08-02-2020, 11:25 PM #30
jerryjjackson69

jerryjjackson69 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jerryjjackson69 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
jerryjjackson69 owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer028 View Post
Ok lets say on the autococker. You set the gun at 350 psi without a chrono. How are you able to reach velocity without knowing which spring combination works best? You cant. And you will be messing with your set up at the field 10x longer. A chrono can do that though and i have absolutely no reason to need to know the reg psi when i can get to velocity with the spring combinations

I can tell you never tuned a cocker in your life just by you saying you can get velocity without a chrono but with a hpr tester.

As for your tank output. Im not sure how many times thats ever used in that manner.
I've built plenty of cockers from the ground up, and tuned many more. Once you've done a few you don't have to swap the springs a bunch of times to get where you need to be. You'll get there eventually
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:42 AM #31
takluk jagat

very handy product
takluk jagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:47 AM #32
Simon
INCEPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
So what you're saying is if you want something like that then its best to hold off on ordering for a bit then?
If we get them before we sell out of Pressure Testers... everything is delayed due to this virus mess so not sure what will happen. You can always add the quick disconnect later or source one from somewhere else in the mean time. It will be a while before we can do another run of pressure testers.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:51 AM #33
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
If we get them before we sell out of Pressure Testers... everything is delayed due to this virus mess so not sure what will happen. You can always add the quick disconnect later or source one from somewhere else in the mean time. It will be a while before we can do another run of pressure testers.
Thanks for clearing that up Simon. I guess I'll have to figure out how to explain to my wife why another effing paintball package showed up.

First world problems right there.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:17 AM #34
Griffilicous

Griffilicous owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
This is awesome, no more piecing together pressure testers on Amazon anymore. Even though that can be alot fun in itself.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Griffilicous is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.