Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-22-2020, 12:16 PM #1
Ucfjoe

What to get two 7 year olds?

So the kids are still too young to be shooting at each other. However, they love what i will call nerf urban assault (go through a room shoot at targets, etc). Time to take it outside in the woods/farm. Nerf darts donít exactly melt so I think its paintball time. Iím willing to bet that by the time theyíre 16 they will be speedballing like crazy so I donít want a splatmaster (to ďinvestĒ in their future) but I think a Mini GS is too much unless I can really dial it down? I havenít played in 20 years. I was thinking Spyder Opus .50 but its looking like thatís going to cost me $150 each for hopper, tank, etc, without much upgradability so .68 seems like a no brainer?

Thoughts? Iíve got some flexibility on budget if I can justify it. Definitely want used but man all these cool new choices are making it hard for me to decide. I need a gun too and am thinking a used Luxe or M2 but for the next few years Iím thinking I can run circles around them with a splatmaster so it would be ďfor the wifeĒ
Ucfjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2020, 01:57 PM #2
shadow191

I see pretty young kids at the local field on normal days with .68 caliber so I don't think .50 would be necessary especially if they're not shooting each other yet.

Pretty much any semi would be fine. I will say that electros can confuse kids since the fire modes aren't as obvious nor is the safety. Also you're going to have to get peanut tanks or drop forwards - standard tank is going to be very hard to shoulder for kids that age. Not that they can't but it's pretty awkward.
shadow191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:23 PM #3
Ucfjoe

Thanks. Yah I’m over the .50 unless I find a complete package for borderline free....so back to .68. Good point on the tanks. Is there no electro that I can easily dumb down to semi or 3shot burst with a single trigger pull? Just trying to (hopefully) go with something that could last em 10 years as they grow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow191 View Post
I see pretty young kids at the local field on normal days with .68 caliber so I don't think .50 would be necessary especially if they're not shooting each other yet.

Pretty much any semi would be fine. I will say that electros can confuse kids since the fire modes aren't as obvious nor is the safety. Also you're going to have to get peanut tanks or drop forwards - standard tank is going to be very hard to shoulder for kids that age. Not that they can't but it's pretty awkward.
Ucfjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:27 PM #4
Daddy-0

Daddy-0 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Daddy-0 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
Daddy-0 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Daddy-0 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
emeks
Old 09-24-2020, 09:28 PM #5
shadow191

I think any basic electro should do that. I have an Etha 2 and pretty much once you set it, it stays there. I let my 12 year old use that and he hasn't had any issues. Initial gun I bought him was a basic Azodin Blitz and same, turn it on, turn it off. To switch modes you have to hold buttons down and such so I think that would work. I found that it's when you get to the fancier ones with more options that it gets too easy to switch modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfjoe View Post
Thanks. Yah Iím over the .50 unless I find a complete package for borderline free....so back to .68. Good point on the tanks. Is there no electro that I can easily dumb down to semi or 3shot burst with a single trigger pull? Just trying to (hopefully) go with something that could last em 10 years as they grow.
shadow191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:42 AM #6
redragoon

I would recommend the Emek as well. Solid platform, Geo IV core system, mechanical controls.

If you really want electronics, the Etha 2 or Mini GS are good. If it is going to sit in a closet, the mechanicals will have less problems.
redragoon is offline   Reply With Quote