Advertisement
Old 07-24-2021, 11:48 AM #2
BigEvil-AO
"MAG WHISPERER"

has been a member for 10 years
BigEvil-AO is playing at Living Legends VII
BigEvil-AO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BigEvil-AO supports Ninja Paintball
I am heartbroken that I have already played my last game there last year before I moved.

33 years in business.. and now POOF!

With the insanely inflated real estate prices, and inflation in general, paintball will struggle in many areas. We will probably be seeing a major contraction of the industry

RIP IMPACT PB :(
BigEvil-AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:53 PM #3
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Sucks to see but with Pinnacle opening nearby and the general robustness of NJ paintball, Im sure it was tough to make near as much money as they were a few years ago. Land sold out from under them, will probably happen to more than a few fields going forward.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:34 PM #4
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Sad to see another field go.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:06 PM #5
ScottQ
lefty scissors

ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Great field and awesome staff. I have a ton of great memories from there, including a solid PSP event back in 2011. RIP Topgun.
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:42 PM #6
warpedspeed05
Tuna On White No Crust..

plays in the NXL
warpedspeed05 supports Ninja Paintball
Sad I remember going there for a psp event all the guys there were awesome
warpedspeed05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:47 AM #7
browncod

browncod owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cream Ridge? Did they slip off? <<< Some dark humor to ease the pain.

I have never played there, but I have seen some of my favorite fields close through watery eyes. Sorry for your Loss. RIP Top Gun.
browncod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 06:40 PM #8
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
kebone posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Sucks to see but with Pinnacle opening nearby and the general robustness of NJ paintball, Im sure it was tough to make near as much money as they were a few years ago. Land sold out from under them, will probably happen to more than a few fields going forward.
Maybe I should be thankful most of the fields 'near' me are 45 mins away from the rest of civilization.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:56 PM #9
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebone View Post
Maybe I should be thankful most of the fields 'near' me are 45 mins away from the rest of civilization.
The guy who runs the field here where I live has been forced to pick-up and move 3 times since I have been playing there over the last 15 years.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:56 PM #10
orangep8nt

orangep8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
orangep8nt owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
orangep8nt supports Pev's Paintball
orangep8nt supports Empire
Header Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebone View Post
Where in missouri
orangep8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:59 PM #11
g35x
Pump Player

g35x supports Empire
This is especially sad, knowing all of the history behind Top Gun being the first paintball field in New Jersey. Top Gun has significant relevance to the history of paintball, at least in the state of New Jersey.

At least the Jackson (Cream Ridge??) location had a good run compared to the original facility in Marlboro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITRBjVZWY5g

Quote:
Top Gun Paintball Games official Grand Opening at its Marlboro, NJ site was held on June 14, 1991. That was over 3 years after getting the paintball guns legalized in NJ in April '88. Ray Gong originally opened his paintball facility at this site back in September '88 but was immediately shut down by the township police for zoning code violations. However, Ray's attorney, Robert Feldman, Esq., successfully argued that since the facility had no permanent structures at the time, that the paintball activity was legal. Ray agreed to go before the Marlboro Zoning Board for a use variance and site planning. The 120 acre site originally allowed recreation facilities, but the Planning Board removed that use after a warning from the Monmonth County Prosecutor that paintball was about to become a legal sport in NJ if they lost the lawsuit to legalize paintball guns. The Zoning Board held several contentious meetings before denying the use variance. Videos of the TV news stories are posted on youtube. Top Gun was finally allowed to open after a Monmouth County Superior Court Judge overturned the Marlboro Zoning Board. However, Marlboro later won on appeal and closed down Top Gun again. Ray went back to court to challenge the "illegal" zone change. After multiple lawsuits, several years and thousands of dollars, Ray found a new site in Jackson Township next to Six Flags Great Adventure where it still operates today. Ray lost count on the number of Top Gun Paintball Games Grand Openings. See www.topgunpaintball.com for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I'm sure it had nothing to do with not being profitable, their Facebook posts made it seem like this was completely unexpected, so I would guess that they would have had no issues continuing to operate if they were still able to rent the land.

Pinnacle Paintball is a money grab. The big castle is their main attraction, and it's not fun to play in. The rest of the fields feel like an afterthought. Walk-On admission if you don't make a reservation is $40 + $80/case of Valken paint. They're after the rental players, birthday parties, corporate events, etc. They don't care about pricing out the weekend warriors who want to play every week.

Last edited by g35x : 10-02-2021 at 10:21 PM.
g35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:56 AM #12
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35x View Post
This is especially sad, knowing all of the history behind Top Gun being the first paintball field in New Jersey. Top Gun has significant relevance to the history of paintball, at least in the state of New Jersey.

At least the Jackson (Cream Ridge??) location had a good run compared to the original facility in Marlboro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITRBjVZWY5g

I'm sure it had nothing to do with not being profitable, their Facebook posts made it seem like this was completely unexpected, so I would guess that they would have had no issues continuing to operate if they were still able to rent the land.

Pinnacle Paintball is a money grab. The big castle is their main attraction, and it's not fun to play in. The rest of the fields feel like an afterthought. Walk-On admission if you don't make a reservation is $40 + $80/case of Valken paint. They're after the rental players, birthday parties, corporate events, etc. They don't care about pricing out the weekend warriors who want to play every week.
I mean, those prices are pretty fair considering that field has probably put about 100x the normal capital into building the field as compared to the thrown together slop that a lot do for $50 a case paint. Id rather pay $80 to play at a clean facility with well built fields, vs. some of the stuff out there.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:02 PM #13
BigEvil-AO
&quot;MAG WHISPERER&quot;

BigEvil-AO is playing at Living Legends VII
BigEvil-AO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BigEvil-AO supports Ninja Paintball
Please join our Facebook group "Remembering TopGun Paintball". We have been collecting and posting pics and videos. Feel free to send in or post yours.

https://www.facebook.com/RememberingTopgunPaintball

RIP IMPACT PB :(
BigEvil-AO is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.