PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 06-27-2021, 08:16 PM #1
(dr)

Houston Heat wins NXL MAO 2021 over Impact 5-3

Looks like that pickup of Tyler Harmon and getting Fedorov back was the missing piece.

Federov won the golden barrel as well.

Last edited by (dr) : 06-28-2021 at 09:16 PM.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2021, 08:29 PM #2
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Did I miss something or did Todd sit a lot of players throughout the weekend? The most used lineup seemed to be: Konstantin, Mishka, Ryan S., Tyler, and Chad. I felt like I didn’t see enough of Ryan Moorhead, Ronnie, Yaya, and Nico. Tyler was a huge factor for the team I think, but not as much as the return of Konstantin.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Powerhouse Competition Regulators
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-M3+, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ speedball ]
-CC AMP, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ woodsball]
2022 Speedball Team contract killer ( free agent )
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:44 PM #3
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Good for them. I had a gut feeling they were going to win due to picking up tyler and gettingFederov back
Old 06-27-2021, 09:20 PM #4
$balla
[b]anned

has been a member for 10 years
Shoutout to Dynasty for beasting their way to third place despite a lot of injuries and also SD Aftermath for making the final four!
$balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 09:53 PM #5
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by $balla View Post
Shoutout to Dynasty for beasting their way to third place despite a lot of injuries and also SD Aftermath for making the final four!
I heard Arturopl went out with a broken hand. Did dalton and Alex have season ending injuries? I thought dynasty would have to eventually forfeit. SDA did indeed play lights out, good for them. Doesn’t surprise me they finished fourth, they put in a lot of work.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:55 PM #6
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Sam, Nicho, Devin, Ronnie, and Yaya didn’t get a lot of spins with Sam probably getting the most out of that group.

Ronnie was getting shot early every time I saw him get on the field, granted wasnt often because I only got to catch a few of heats games but others backed that up.

Moorehead played a bit but no where near has much as he has the last few events.

Could see heat letting some guys go this off season if the trend continues. Why hang on to 3/4 extra guys who don’t get playing time and are just eating up resources?

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:39 AM #7
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Nice to see these guys back on top. I used my Heat powerhouse reg all day for good juju.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:35 AM #8
zro.demise
"Back in the Day"

zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Not taking away from the players and how hard they played, but it was difficult to get excited about this finals match. Two teams with a massive budget and poached players just doesn’t feel right.
zro.demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:56 AM #9
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Did I miss something or did Todd sit a lot of players throughout the weekend? The most used lineup seemed to be: Konstantin, Mishka, Ryan S., Tyler, and Chad. I felt like I didnít see enough of Ryan Moorhead, Ronnie, Yaya, and Nico. Tyler was a huge factor for the team I think, but not as much as the return of Konstantin.
I didn't see any of their games until Sunday but those guys looked like they were standing around in clean gear during the impact game. That was definitely strange to see. Maybe they're getting ready to clean house and run with 7 or 8 guys.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:16 AM #10
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraballer76 View Post
Sam, Nicho, Devin, Ronnie, and Yaya didnít get a lot of spins with Sam probably getting the most out of that group.

Ronnie was getting shot early every time I saw him get on the field, granted wasnt often because I only got to catch a few of heats games but others backed that up.

Moorehead played a bit but no where near has much as he has the last few events.

Could see heat letting some guys go this off season if the trend continues. Why hang on to 3/4 extra guys who donít get playing time and are just eating up resources?
When they picked up Tyler my first thought was someone is gonna have to get cut for this.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:23 AM #11
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I didn't see any of their games until Sunday but those guys looked like they were standing around in clean gear during the impact game. That was definitely strange to see. Maybe they're getting ready to clean house and run with 7 or 8 guys.
Todd probably already had a good idea of what his strongest line would look like, but he probably played everyone to gauge capabilities and make sure, or make adjustments. Yaya did score a 7 second point, but I donít think he ( and others ) made the argument of making the top 5. Ryan Smith with his height seemed to own certain lanes from the home bunker, so out of the pack he earned his spot. But yeah, that lineup made a lot of sense. And yes, while the top 5 were either getting shot, or caked with that clay/mud, the cameraman would go into Heatís pit, and the rest of the dudes looked squeaky clean in comparison. That was definitely different... but that may be Toddís style.

Itís difficult to imagine cutting talent such as Monville, Moorehead, Ronnie, or Yaya. In the event someone is too tired or injured, any of those four could fill in and help. If anything I think Heat needs another snake capable player to give Chad George a break. If you canít find that with the four I mentioned, then yeah I could see something changing, someone getting cut.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Powerhouse Competition Regulators
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-M3+, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ speedball ]
-CC AMP, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ woodsball]
2022 Speedball Team contract killer ( free agent )
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:04 AM #12
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I heard Arturopl went out with a broken hand. Did dalton and Alex have season ending injuries? I thought dynasty would have to eventually forfeit. SDA did indeed play lights out, good for them. Doesnít surprise me they finished fourth, they put in a lot of work.
Arturo played through his broken hand because of the loss of Dalton. Dalton was in a brace with crutches so my feeling would be that he is done for awhile.

Alex had a hamstring issue and shouldn't be anything too major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post

I think it is important to remember the effect that the layout had on roster rotations. This field played really weird compared to a traditional sort of layout. Your snake guys had to be top-level speed players to make that run, the snake 2 had to be your most versatile guy on the roster, the home player needed to be tall but athletic enough to fill out, and on the doritos, I think it is hard to sit the Mishka+Fedorov lineup for anyone else, they are machines.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:11 PM #13
(dr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraballer76 View Post
Sam, Nicho, Devin, Ronnie, and Yaya didn’t get a lot of spins with Sam probably getting the most out of that group.

Could see heat letting some guys go this off season if the trend continues. Why hang on to 3/4 extra guys who don’t get playing time and are just eating up resources?
IMO Heat needs to trim the fat and drop the older guys that aren't producing or let them go and let Nico/Devon play more.

I get that they are like family, but it's a sport, not a popularity contest. I really hope Dizon, Yaya and Sam aren't getting paid to not contribute. Even in the high scoring matches they seemed to stick to the same line. Moorehead is the only dude I didn't see much that is just too good to cut IMO.

Those spots could be spent for less money or free on young hungry talent. Yaya probably needs to take a staff role or dip.

This was the best I remember ever seeing Ryan Smith play though, so that's gotta feel good for Sarge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zro.demise View Post
Not taking away from the players and how hard they played, but it was difficult to get excited about this finals match. Two teams with a massive budget and poached players just doesn’t feel right.
I disagree. At that point, it's like 2 professional sports organizations. No excuses.

"Oh we lost to impact they bought all the golden barrel players". Nah, you both got purchased players and real coaches. Time to put up or shut up.

Last edited by (dr) : 06-28-2021 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:58 PM #14
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Did I miss something or did Todd sit a lot of players throughout the weekend? The most used lineup seemed to be: Konstantin, Mishka, Ryan S., Tyler, and Chad. I felt like I didn’t see enough of Ryan Moorhead, Ronnie, Yaya, and Nico. Tyler was a huge factor for the team I think, but not as much as the return of Konstantin.
You can't really justify playing Ronnie, Yaya, Nico, or Devon over those starting 5 except maybe Ryan Smith? But none of them really play the back position like Ryan.

Quote:
Uhh...this has been paintball since the beginning of tournament paintball. Players on the Avalanche back in the day not only got paid but got full on jobs with benefits to play on the team. XSV was basically an old version of Impact/Heat and were put together to compete against Dynasty using money. Dynasty used to poach basically anyone they wanted back in the day and they had sponsors like Intel.

This **** is nothing new.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:51 PM #15
(dr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
You can't really justify playing Ronnie, Yaya, Nico, or Devon over those starting 5 except maybe Ryan Smith? But none of them really play the back position like Ryan.

Uhh...this has been paintball since the beginning of tournament paintball. Players on the Avalanche back in the day not only got paid but got full on jobs with benefits to play on the team. XSV was basically an old version of Impact/Heat and were put together to compete against Dynasty using money. Dynasty used to poach basically anyone they wanted back in the day and they had sponsors like Intel.

Dynasty's core was never purchased guys though...it was friends/rivals that came together to beat the old dudes. Hardly a fair comparison to the current version of Impact unless you're just counting wins. They didn't pay dudes so much as they did just win and get to split it.

They didn't need to pay the best player from each team to come over, they wanted to come over for the chance to get a piece of the action.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:17 PM #16
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Yeah you're correct in that they didn't come to Dynasty just to collect a paycheck, but Dynasty did get paid back in those days and they did get to cherry pick whoever they wanted from whatever team for the most part.

Not exactly like Impact, but you get the point.

Last edited by Oc_rage : 06-28-2021 at 11:21 PM.
Oc_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:42 PM #17
(dr)

Quote:
Yeah you're correct in that they didn't come to Dynasty just to collect a paycheck, but Dynasty did get paid back in those days and they did get to cherry pick whoever they wanted from whatever team for the most part.

Not exactly like Impact, but you get the point.
Dude they are nothing like Impact other than winning. That's literally it.

Players would come to Dynasty because they knew they would win. People come to impact for money. That is not the same thing.

You make it sound like Dynasty went around poaching players. If they were like impact they would have taken guys from infamous right after losing or stripped the naughty dogs of any decent players to not have competition.

Impact looks at who is good on your team, then pays them to leave. Dynasty didn't do that. They won without you, then you wanted to leave, for the very high chance that you could win money on the team. That's not the same thing...

But anyways, to not derail any further, it was good to see Dynasty go deep despite being down bodies.

Heat's last prelim was extra interesting given how they won. Makes me wonder if Todd was just telling them to not even try and just save it/give other guys a spin. I'm gonna have to rewatch that one.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:35 AM #18
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oh so guys don't go to Impact to win.

Noted.

lmfao clown.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:08 AM #19
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

XSV was basically the 2002-2003 LA ironmen team with a couple players from Shock and bob Longs team. They didn’t start poaching from teams really until 2005-06, when they picked up JR, rusty glaze, Dave Bain’s, Glen Tak etc. but they were still mostly the Original Ironmen core. Dynasty would poach 1 or two guys a year for xball, not their entire roster. And i don’t think those guys joined just for the money. 80-90% of their roster was that main core of friends that grew up playing together on iron kids and kapp factory. Not sure how anyone can possibly even compare them to impact, or even heat. Heats not as bad though when it comes to that in my opinion, so I’m glad they won. I will pull for them over impact any day, any year.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 06-29-2021 at 04:16 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 09:21 AM #20
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:

Noted.

lmfao clown.
I do agree that winning with an elite team plays a big factor, so I don’t doubt that as part of the reason why players go to impact...however if bart were to take away all their paychecks, not a single American would stay on that team, and I’m confident on that remark.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:30 PM #21
(dr)

Quote:

Noted.

lmfao clown.
Ya because they were winning so much when Fuzzy decided to go over for money.

People went to Dynasty because they knew they would win and get money, people to go Impact because they get the money up front.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.