TreyV is a Supporting Member
TreyV is a founding member
TreyV is BST Legit
TreyV supports Team VICIOUS
TreyV is Boss
TreyV supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboarder9999 View Post
The same people who *****ed and moaned about PSP and NPPL are the same ones complaining now. No one is ever happy with anything. I've said it before and I will say it again. If people think they can do better and it is so easy to run something of this size, then go do it. Fix everything you complain about and make the perfect league. I'll be waiting for the call that you need help with insurance in the mean time
This.
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2021, 01:52 PM #65
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Damien apparently just wanted some attention. Looks playable to me.
Word on the street is that he is putting something together... but who knows if that's even remotely true.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:53 PM #66
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
I am watching the webcast right now and there is NOTHING wrong/unsafe about the Pro field. Whatever "Pro" complained about that is a wuss
Russian legion posted on their social about player safety and venue quality after spending a bunch of money to come play events in the US also.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 02:04 PM #67
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by inertstatic View Post
Word on the street is that he is putting something together... but who knows if that's even remotely true.
I hope does do something. Competition is good for us as consumers.

Bunkerfest proved that you could throw a pretty good even that isn't the NXL and after hearing him piss and moan for years I'll be interested to see what Damien comes up with.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:31 PM #68
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
I am watching the webcast right now and there is NOTHING wrong/unsafe about the Pro field. Whatever "Pro" complained about that is a wuss

Can't speak for the other fields of course.

3 pages of whining over a non issue.
Damien apparently just wanted some attention. Looks playable to me.

It could be a lot worse. I didn't make the trip but some of my team is up by Chicago for a 5 man mech tournament tomorrow and it looks like they'll be playing in a monsoon.
Damian is a god. NXLOL
Old 06-25-2021, 05:52 PM #69
ARBY
CPL Pro

ARBY is playing at Living Legends VII
ARBY owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ARBY has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To those of us that watched the games today why didn't Frank get that point, didn't see any paint on him and he wasn't out of time when he hit the button.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:12 PM #70
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARBY View Post
To those of us that watched the games today why didn't Frank get that point, didn't see any paint on him and he wasn't out of time when he hit the button.
Because he had a hit on him according to all the refs on the field. Looked like a hopper hit, and I thought I saw something spray off of him during that point. MLKings are the greatest team right now though
Old 06-25-2021, 07:14 PM #71
(dr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichonitro View Post
should we cut 1/3 of all Major league teams because they have no chance of winning also?

We have cornhole on tv... paintball could be on tv is someone cared enough to make it happen or enough money was around to make it worth watching.
That wasn't my point.

It's about getting rid of split deck. They won't win, so why give them air time over cutting them and presenting a higher quality product?

Plus, those ****ty teams in any sport still sell merch. No one is buying TMG outlaws **** besides their family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Paintball.Media View Post
I've been to all but one NXL event since the league formed and I've been to every PSP and NPPL event dating back to 1993 but for 3 events in 28 years. I'm glad there's an awareness from the league for what is happening in Philly. Trashing what the league has done the past 4-5 years makes no sense to me. I'll take the NXL's past 5 year history over any other 5 year period in tournament history ever.
If the bolded portion is true and you believe the underlined portion, I'm honestly shocked.

Pro players consistently and regularly mention the "golden years" of paintball from 2002-2008. Might not have all been one league, but that was also an advantage.

Having only one pro league with one format and a ridiculous bunker set is far from enjoyable as a spectator and as a player, I don't see how anyone could honestly prefer xball with massive bunkers unless they just aren't athletic. The amount of drop and bounce shots is just goofy.

It's exciting to think about an older layout with today's level of athleticism. The bricks and wedges give free moves over forcing people to gun fight and earn them. Obviously this is my opinion, but I feel like the A in the center was a sweetspot in layouts and if we went back to that and kepts maybe a few of the newer bunkers (mini W) and dropped the nppl size ones, it would make the game a lot more exciting. At least for the pros.

Last edited by (dr) : 06-25-2021 at 07:23 PM.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:30 PM #72
fuegoman

fuegoman owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
fuegoman owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
fuegoman supports Ninja Paintball
After watching it, yeah the field looks piss poor. Looks more like a mismanaged and low income high school baseball outfield. So I get the criticism and understand the desire for better conditions and a higher end product for the player and fan. My question is, what’s the alternative? Paintball is expensive, we get to pay less than $10 a month to watch the best players in the world play this sport. Truthfully, for the casual fan and the person who has never played it’s an incredibly difficult sport to watch, understand, and get behind. So I would imagine they are not generating a whole lot of revenue from the webcast. I do not know what I’m getting here, but this is what’s available to me, and as a non-tournament player yet die hard fan, what else is there aside from mid tier regional tournament YouTube videos. We’ve never had webcasts before, it was occasionally on ESPN or other alternative sports channel, and the players were not as good or athletic as they are now. The golden era of paintball may have been early mid 2000s from a marketing standpoint, but the golden era of paintball player is now. So although I'm disappointed in the venue conditions, I don’t have any other way of supporting this more than I am now, and will continue to reap the rewards of the product they are putting out. Kudos to Tom Cole for accepting responsibility and I'm glad they have a long term solution for future events. I wish things improve moving forward, but as a fan I’m happy to have this and am more involved now than I have ever been because of this webcast, and I get to watch some damn good paintball.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:11 PM #73
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichonitro View Post
should we cut 1/3 of all Major league teams because they have no chance of winning also?

We have cornhole on tv... paintball could be on tv is someone cared enough to make it happen or enough money was around to make it worth watching.
That wasn't my point.

It's about getting rid of split deck. They won't win, so why give them air time over cutting them and presenting a higher quality product?

Plus, those ****ty teams in any sport still sell merch. No one is buying TMG outlaws **** besides their family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Paintball.Media View Post
I've been to all but one NXL event since the league formed and I've been to every PSP and NPPL event dating back to 1993 but for 3 events in 28 years. I'm glad there's an awareness from the league for what is happening in Philly. Trashing what the league has done the past 4-5 years makes no sense to me. I'll take the NXL's past 5 year history over any other 5 year period in tournament history ever.
If the bolded portion is true and you believe the underlined portion, I'm honestly shocked.

Pro players consistently and regularly mention the "golden years" of paintball from 2002-2008. Might not have all been one league, but that was also an advantage.

Having only one pro league with one format and a ridiculous bunker set is far from enjoyable as a spectator and as a player, I don't see how anyone could honestly prefer xball with massive bunkers unless they just aren't athletic. The amount of drop and bounce shots is just goofy.

It's exciting to think about an older layout with today's level of athleticism. The bricks and wedges give free moves over forcing people to gun fight and earn them. Obviously this is my opinion, but I feel like the A in the center was a sweetspot in layouts and if we went back to that and kepts maybe a few of the newer bunkers (mini W) and dropped the nppl size ones, it would make the game a lot more exciting. At least for the pros.
Honestly some of the **** that guy has said, if that’s John dresser, blows my mind how someone who goes that far back can say anything like the **** that comes out of his mouth. Obvious GI or NXL shill. I’ve seen them on here before, just straight lying.

John, you never answered my question. How can you say the 2003-2004 Nxl league was the “premiere league” and “everyone else didn’t have to face the tough teams”, when Russian legion came in and absolutely anally [email protected] everyone in the division in 05, the following year, to a point where they felt it up their belly buttons?
Old 06-25-2021, 09:14 PM #74
ARBY
CPL Pro

ARBY is playing at Living Legends VII
ARBY owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ARBY has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Because he had a hit on him according to all the refs on the field. Looked like a hopper hit, and I thought I saw something spray off of him during that point. MLKings are the greatest team right now though
Ah alright, I think my stream quality dipped around this time and couldn't notice the spray.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:18 PM #75
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARBY View Post
Quote:
Ah alright, I think my stream quality dipped around this time and couldn't notice the spray.
I didn’t see a hit on him when he hung it, but could have sworn I saw something come off of him in the run through on live time. Though when I saw it live I think yosh might have spinned, but apparently he didn’t in slow mow
Old 06-26-2021, 03:15 PM #76
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
oof

Last edited by Oc_rage : 06-26-2021 at 04:18 PM.
Oc_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 05:05 PM #77
Ball1n Azn

Ball1n Azn plays in the PSP
Ball1n Azn owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Ball1n Azn supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
lol ironmen about to go 0-4. sorry nick! wonder what the issue is
Don't hide. 1-3 isn't much better, but if you're going to make a comment like that about one of the nicest dudes in the league stand by it.
Old 06-26-2021, 08:40 PM #78
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball1n Azn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
lol ironmen about to go 0-4. sorry nick! wonder what the issue is [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/daveface.gif[/IMG] [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/dodgy.gif[/IMG] [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/runaway.gif[/IMG] [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/crash.gif[/IMG]
Don't hide. 1-3 isn't much better, but if you're going to make a comment like that about one of the nicest dudes in the league stand by it.
What do you think the issue for the ironmen was? New York XTreme is playing some of the best ball I’ve ever seen them play. Same with the MLQueens. Even they brought their balls to this event. This layout is a good one, who’s looking the best right now? Impact, dynasty and heat imo. Although heat lost to LVL. Maybe they were just practicing the layout in more depth in my opinion. Damage looked good, but they stepped on their dicks again. Thunder is having another standout tournament, dynasty is playing well even with no Tyler or dalton who got injured. Shoutout to corey field though that guy just keeps thunder afloat year after year
Old 06-26-2021, 09:16 PM #79
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
 is playing at Living Legends XI
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I thought the Canadians couldn't make the NXL? Impact still had Justin Cornell playing today. Something change?

It's odd lookin at the grass just disappear, but doesn't really seem to be slowing the usual teams down much.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:44 PM #80
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
What do you think the issue for the ironmen was? New York XTreme is playing some of the best ball I’ve ever seen them play. Same with the MLQueens. Even they brought their balls to this event. This layout is a good one, who’s looking the best right now? Impact, dynasty and heat imo. Although heat lost to LVL. Maybe they were just practicing the layout in more depth in my opinion. Damage looked good, but they stepped on their dicks again. Thunder is having another standout tournament, dynasty is playing well even with no Tyler or dalton who got injured. Shoutout to corey field though that guy just keeps thunder afloat year after year
I didn’t see any of the Ironmens second Friday game but the other two games they lost looked like the couldn’t keep 5 alive off the break. Peyton and Ceelos were doing work in the snake if they could live. Nick was Nick from what I could see. The D side was weak and whoever they had as a 2 on the snake corner kept hanging Peyton and Ceelos out to dry. If they could find a solid 2 on the snake side or get a killer up the middle then I think they’re 3-1 instead of 1-3 this weekend.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:13 PM #81
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Honestly some of the **** that guy has said, if that’s John dresser, blows my mind how someone who goes that far back can say anything like the **** that comes out of his mouth. Obvious GI or NXL shill. I’ve seen them on here before, just straight lying.

John, you never answered my question. How can you say the 2003-2004 Nxl league was the “premiere league” and “everyone else didn’t have to face the tough teams”, when Russian legion came in and absolutely anally [email protected] everyone in the division in 05, the following year, to a point where they felt it up their belly buttons?
The John you are talking to is not John Dresser. Dresser is not on this thread shilling for anything, D-bag.
Old 06-27-2021, 04:26 PM #82
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophooligan View Post
Quote:

The John you are talking to is not John Dresser. Dresser is not on this thread shilling for anything, D-bag.
Thank you, may I have another?
Old 06-27-2021, 04:42 PM #83
old time PB player
Old time PB player

I am pretty sure that is John Amodea who has been in the Paintball Industry a very long time. He used to do the Paintball Consumer Reports in the early 1990s.

Im pretty sure as I remember that he used to work for APG magazine in the late 1980s early 1990s as well as a couple other magazines (PB2xtremes maybe?) and has been involved in this sport for over 30 -35 years. Probably longer than a lot of you posting have been ALIVE.

He is also the guy that produced "The History of Paintball" Documentary video.

And to Trevor the whatever....you said if the bolded part was true? I am pretty sure that if John stated he was at every event but three..the chances are that is 100% accurate.

I am sure that back when you were playing pro you probably met him. I forgot what team you said you played for though...?

But heck...what does John know anyway?

Im sure with your long history as a professional player you have a lot more insight....

Last edited by old time PB player : 06-27-2021 at 04:56 PM.
old time PB player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 04:58 PM #84
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by old time PB player View Post
I am pretty sure that is John Amodea who has been in the Paintball Industry a very long time. He used to do the Paintball Consumer Reports in the early 1990s.

Im pretty sure as I remember that he used to work for APG magazine in the late 1980s early 1990s as well as a couple other magazines (PB2xtremes maybe?) and has been involved in this sport for over 30 -35 years. Probably longer than a lot of you posting have been ALIVE.

He is also the guy that produced "The History of Paintball" Documentary video.

And to Trevor the whatever....you said if the bolded part was true? I am pretty sure that if John stated he was at every event but three..the chances are that is 100% accurate.

I am sure that back when you were playing pro you probably met him. I forgot what team you said you played for though...?

But heck...what does John know anyway?

Im sure with your long history as a professional player you have a lot more insight....
I mean, whatever the current league is, he benefits financially in some way through his photo work so of course he is going to shill the NXL. I never heard John say a bad word about NPPL and PSP during their run because the same financial benefits applied.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.