PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 12-19-2018, 03:26 PM #1
natexcarr
Doesn't need friends

has been a member for 10 years
NXL introduces the International Classic Paintball League (ICPL) - mech and 5.5 bps

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
ICPL will offer both 5-man Amateur and 10-man Locked professional division and an Amateur 10-man division as well. You will play both Pro teams and Am teams.

The pro teams will have a point cap. Pro teams will be capped at 62,000 points. That will prevent top teams from fielding their full roster. For example, the average Impact player is at 9,600 points. If you are over 40, your points don't count towards the cap.

The points earned at the ICPL do not currently count towards your APPA ranking.

3 US events with one on the East coast, one on the West coast and the finale probably in Florida. Dates won't be finalized until end of January.

Entry fees:
$1250 - Pro 10-Man
$850 - Amateur 10-Man
$250 - 5-Man

$5500 for first place winner

Additionally, there will be a local 5-man woods novice events.

From their webpage www.nxlclassicpaintball.com:

The International Classic Paintball League (ICPL) is brought to you by the largest and most prestigious professional paintball tournament league in the world, the National Xball League (NXL). The ICPL is a 5-Man and 10-Man classic paintball style format of play that incorporates woods, hyperball and mounds fields. The goal will be to capture the opposing teams flag and return it to your team's base before your opponent and time expires. Combining these classic styles of play is the way tournament paintball started. The NXL formed the ICPL to meet the increasing demand from seasoned veteran players as well as up-and-coming players to compete in this style on a national level.

The ICPL consists of three events spread throughout the United States each year. There is a locked invite-only Professional division of 20 teams who compete at each ICPL throughout the entire circuit. There is also an open Amateur division available for teams who are not yet at the Professional level, but have tournament experience. Amateur teams can play in as many or few events as they choose. More information on dates, rules, teams and sponsors will be announced in January 2019.

Quote:
2019 ICPL event dates and locations are set:

Last edited by natexcarr : 12-19-2018 at 03:32 PM.
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2018, 03:32 PM #3
PAINtballGoD_2000
^^-I regret this name-^^

God I can't wait. The ICC reminded me how fun that stuff used to be. Hopefully a lot of the long retired guys can make a comeback.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:39 PM #4
custommatt

custommatt is a Professional paintball player
custommatt supports Team VICIOUS
oh man invite only! I can't wait to see what teams will be on that list.

Matt Sossoman #85
Omaha VICIOUS

FARSIDE
GI SPORTZ
http://www.inceptiondesigns.com/
custommatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:41 PM #5
natexcarr
Doesn't need friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by custommatt View Post
Hoping to see a good mix of OG's and current pro teams. New teams like the Saberwolves absolutely deserve a spot in the pro division.
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:43 PM #6
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by natexcarr View Post

throughout the United States
I'll believe it when I see it.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:01 PM #7
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
ICPL will offer both 5-man Amateur and 10-man Locked professional division and an Amateur 10-man division as well. You will play both Pro teams and Am teams.

The pro teams will have a point cap. Pro teams will be capped at 62,000 points. That will prevent top teams from fielding their full roster. For example, the average Impact player is at 9,600 points. If you are over 40, your points don't count towards the cap.

The points earned at the ICPL do not currently count towards your APPA ranking.

3 US events with one on the East coast, one on the West coast and the finale probably in Florida. Dates won't be finalized until end of January.

Entry fees:
$1250 - Pro 10-Man
$850 - Amateur 10-Man
$250 - 5-Man

$5,500 for first place professional winner

Additionally, there will be a local 5-man woods novice events.
John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:02 PM #8
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by custommatt View Post
I kind of feel the exact opposite. Part of the appeal, at least to me was in the old days you go play an old school NPPL 10 man every bracket had 2 pro teams in it and you got your shot to step on the field with those guys. You'd always get your *** handed to you but you got your shot to see how good you really were and maybe you'd get a chance to shoot a couple of your heros. All these throwbacks like the ICC and the Fight Club 10-man and Bay City Classic let you have that shot again. Personally I think they're missing part of what made the old days great.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:14 PM #9
BostonDolFan81

BostonDolFan81 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
So awesome. Great to. See mechanical paintball take center stage again. I know Glenn Palmer is happy.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:17 PM #10
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I kind of feel the exact opposite. Part of the appeal, at least to me was in the old days you go play an old school NPPL 10 man every bracket had 2 pro teams in it and you got your shot to step on the field with those guys. You'd always get your <del>***</del> handed to you but you got your shot to see how good you really were and maybe you'd get a chance to shoot a couple of your heros. All these throwbacks like the ICC and the Fight Club 10-man and Bay City Classic let you have that shot again. Personally I think they're missing part of what made the old days great.
You're misunderstanding then. Teams will play against higher/lower divisions. Amateur teams will play Professional teams.

You just can't enter your own teams off the street straight into the professional division.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:48 PM #11
enforcer
BRONX NY

sounds great cant wait to see the locations and sign up.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:48 PM #12
turmoil
that's the bottom line

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
turmoil is Legendary
turmoil is Boss
YES!!! cya there
Old 12-19-2018, 06:04 PM #13
Matt_392

Anyone else see the prize? Ummm....
Matt_392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:26 PM #14
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I kind of feel the exact opposite. Part of the appeal, at least to me was in the old days you go play an old school NPPL 10 man every bracket had 2 pro teams in it and you got your shot to step on the field with those guys. You'd always get your <del>***</del> handed to you but you got your shot to see how good you really were and maybe you'd get a chance to shoot a couple of your heros. All these throwbacks like the ICC and the Fight Club 10-man and Bay City Classic let you have that shot again. Personally I think they're missing part of what made the old days great.
You're misunderstanding then. Teams will play against higher/lower divisions. Amateur teams will play Professional teams.

You just can't enter your own teams off the street straight into the professional division.
Totally missed that the amateur teams get a crack at the pro teams. I love it. The closer we can get to the way it was played 15 or 20 years ago the better as far as I’m concerned. The only thing I can think of to make it perfect would be to do the events at some classic fields like SC Village, Badlandz and Urban Assault.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:45 PM #15
txfire01

txfire01 is a Professional paintball player
Kinda silly IMO that lower level NXL pro teams could field their entire squad and top teams could probably only roster 6 or 7 guys and be forced to mix in d2 or lower players.

Maybe it should be called the "Not Very Good Professional Division"

Did having solid pro teams register for ICC deter others from signing up or did it add to the experience?

I don't think it will be as exciting for players to say "We just beat half of Impact and some other guys on the mounds field..."
txfire01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:59 PM #16
blah450

blah450 is playing at Living Legends X
blah450 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Oh my....word. "Paintball" is coming back.

Thank you...and thanks to all of the others sponsoring these classic-type format tournaments such as the ICC, etc etc.

Not saying the current formats are no good, just that the "expansion" back into this territory over the last few years could be a way to begin to regenerate that top-down mass appeal to young persons, many at a grass-roots level field, where play and a fun experience may not involve inflatable bunker-style fields.

Last edited by blah450 : 12-19-2018 at 08:04 PM.
blah450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:15 PM #17
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfire01 View Post
Kinda silly IMO that lower level NXL pro teams could field their entire squad and top teams could probably only roster 6 or 7 guys and be forced to mix in d2 or lower players.

Did having solid pro teams register for ICC deter others from signing up or did it add to the experience?

I don't think it will be as exciting for players to say "We just beat half of Impact and some other guys on the mounds field..."
I agree. I think all pros should be weighted the same. Although, I guess it's not totally clear from the post. Was Impact used just as an example and all pros are worth 9,600 points? If not, does their current rank decide their point worth?

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:32 PM #18
txfire01

txfire01 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
I agree. I think all pros should be weighted the same. Although, I guess it's not totally clear from the post. Was Impact used just as an example and all pros are worth 9,600 points? If not, does their current rank decide their point worth?

Itís based upon your past individual results. Once you get up there in numbers it takes many years to decrease by any signifigent amount.

X-Factor players are in the 8,700 range

Boom & Elevation players are in the 5,500 range.
txfire01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:50 PM #19
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:

No one will say that. They'll say, "we beat Impact." Because they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
I agree. I think all pros should be weighted the same.
In no world is Boom equal to Xfactor (even though they are both pro teams) and it doesn't look like Boom will catch up soon. I still say we bring back Champs and Challengers so we can watch similarly matched teams play each other for the full event. That was the most exciting paintball I've ever watched.

Honestly, I wouldn't hate to see a points cap like this in the NXL eventually. A salary cap isn't practical, but a points cap would mean pro teams couldn't buy/hoard/bench the best talent. Maybe they could even do some sort of higher cap for teams that came up together, won together and didn't poach/add players.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:00 PM #20
naughty88

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
naughty88 donated to help Peyton Trent
naughty88 supports DLX Technology
naughty88 supports Shocker RSX
naughty88 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

I agree 100% with this