Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2021, 05:14 PM #85
old time PB player
Old time PB player
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I mean, whatever the current league is, he benefits financially in some way through his photo work so of course he is going to shill the NXL. I never heard John say a bad word about NPPL and PSP during their run because the same financial benefits applied.
I am not saying whether he is shilling or not. I was stating who he WAS and his lengthy history in the Industry.

And that if he stated he was at those events most likely he was.

His motivation for defending the NXL is his own, Whether it be financial or not.
old time PB player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2021, 10:11 AM #86
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D3X
 
OA paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: titsmainia MARYLAND
 has been a member for 10 years
Remind me why i bought an ID for this event? What a joke for the players area.

It was a fun event and the fields weren't too bad ultimately but they were not what was advertised by any means which is the problem.
__________________
NR PAINTBALL
LOTHT Creator
ST:OG
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
OA paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:05 PM #87
warpedspeed05
Tuna On White No Crust..
 
warpedspeed05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Out & about
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
warpedspeed05 supports Ninja Paintball
The middle pit area was a disaster everyone and there dog were in there
People smoking weed like common now
warpedspeed05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:06 PM #88
John-Paintball.Media
 
 
John-Paintball.Media's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Honestly some of the **** that guy has said, if that’s John dresser, blows my mind how someone who goes that far back can say anything like the **** that comes out of his mouth. Obvious GI or NXL shill. I’ve seen them on here before, just straight lying.

John, you never answered my question. How can you say the 2003-2004 Nxl league was the “premiere league” and “everyone else didn’t have to face the tough teams”, when Russian legion came in and absolutely anally [email protected] everyone in the division in 05, the following year, to a point where they felt it up their belly buttons?
So I didn't answer this because I was actually AT the event in Philly. When I get back tomorrow evening I'll argue my points
__________________
www.Paintball.Media

Last edited by John-Paintball.Media : 06-28-2021 at 04:10 PM.
John-Paintball.Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:08 PM #89
John-Paintball.Media
 
 
John-Paintball.Media's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I mean, whatever the current league is, he benefits financially in some way through his photo work so of course he is going to shill the NXL. I never heard John say a bad word about NPPL and PSP during their run because the same financial benefits applied.
Brother if you never heard me say a bad word about the NPPL or PSP you never read Paintball 2Xtremes throughout the first decade of the 2000s. I was the editor for the magazine and we were quite critical of the leagues. Dig through your old magazine collection and come back at me....
__________________
www.Paintball.Media

Last edited by John-Paintball.Media : 06-28-2021 at 04:15 PM.
John-Paintball.Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:15 PM #90
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Paintball.Media View Post
Brother if you never heard me say a bad word about the NPPL or PSP you never read Paintball 2Xtremes throughout the first decade of the 2000s. Dig through your old magazine collection and come back at me....
Werent most of the negative articles regarding the leagues from guest writers though? Maybe I am wrong, I have the full set of PB2X so I can always go back and spot read a few articles, I just always remembered you being a bit more center of the fence regarding the leagues.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:20 PM #91
John-Paintball.Media
 
 
John-Paintball.Media's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Werent most of the negative articles regarding the leagues from guest writers though? Maybe I am wrong, I have the full set of PB2X so I can always go back and spot read a few articles, I just always remembered you being a bit more center of the fence regarding the leagues.
No you are wrong. They were mostly in my monthly editorial.... I was center when I felt it was right and I was critical when I felt it was right.
__________________
www.Paintball.Media
John-Paintball.Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:23 PM #92
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher
 
Joshisanalligator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Livingston NJ
 plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedspeed05 View Post
The middle pit area was a disaster everyone and there dog were in there
People smoking weed like common now
First time?
__________________
Eternal corrector of Nick Slowiak's spelling and grammar
39. CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
40. EVEN WITH CRUISE CONTROL YOU STILL HAVE TO STEER.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:09 PM #93
p8ntballa2k
 
 
p8ntballa2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: ATX
p8ntballa2k is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedspeed05 View Post
The middle pit area was a disaster everyone and there dog were in there
People smoking weed like common now
Did the dogs have official NXL IDs? They shouldn't have been in the pits without IDs.
__________________
OLD FEEDBACK
p8ntballa2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:14 PM #94
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballa2k View Post
Did the dogs have official NXL IDs? They shouldn't have been in the pits without IDs.
To be honest that is one thing I think the league should really address with the divisional pits. Its insane how many people they let in there, the pits need to be on the opposing side of the spectator area. So many dogs barking and being aggressive and you had to fight to get into your pits half the time because every player on earth just freely walks throughout the pits during games.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:22 PM #95
p8ntballa2k
 
 
p8ntballa2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: ATX
p8ntballa2k is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
To be honest that is one thing I think the league should really address with the divisional pits. Its insane how many people they let in there, the pits need to be on the opposing side of the spectator area. So many dogs barking and being aggressive and you had to fight to get into your pits half the time because every player on earth just freely walks throughout the pits during games.
Hmm that's interesting. Haven't played a NXL since 2019 but they were pretty strict with checking IDs and the spectators were opposite of the middle player alley / pits.
__________________
OLD FEEDBACK
p8ntballa2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:33 PM #96
nichonitro
^ doesn't know anything
 
nichonitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saint Louis
 has been a member for 10 years
nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro supports Team VICIOUS
nichonitro supports Team VICIOUS
nichonitro supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
That wasn't my point.

It's about getting rid of split deck. They won't win, so why give them air time over cutting them and presenting a higher quality product?

Plus, those ****ty teams in any sport still sell merch. No one is buying TMG outlaws **** besides their family.
I am pretty sure you have no idea what would or wouldn't make for quality tv. Please just sit down. You clearly don't work in the media field or have a clue what is going on.

By your logic 4/5th of the Formula 1 field should be removed. Yet one of the most popular new series on Netflix is the drive to survive.

What you don't seem to understand is that it's not the product it's the production that is the problem and the expectation of bygone years. GoSports isn't doing anything wrong it's not producing something that can sell on tv. Paintball is plenty exciting and people like watching it but they love watching a story. A Broadcast =/= A Show


Also you're wrong about the whole merch thing. Infamous was a midpack who couldn't win a thing team until this season yet the infamous CS2 can't be kept on shelves.

I also have a whole wall of jerseys from teams that never won anything but I wish they did.
nichonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:36 PM #97
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D3X
 
OA paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: titsmainia MARYLAND
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballa2k View Post
Hmm that's interesting. Haven't played a NXL since 2019 but they were pretty strict with checking IDs and the spectators were opposite of the middle player alley / pits.
There was ZERO oversight from thursday to sunday to get into the pit area for divisional.
__________________
NR PAINTBALL
LOTHT Creator
ST:OG
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
OA paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:13 AM #98
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA paintball View Post
There was ZERO oversight from thursday to sunday to get into the pit area for divisional.
It was rather annoying. We like to normally keep a pretty empty pit other than the team and one staff member. At all times I was having to worry about getting random players out of our pit or random spectators smoking pot in our pit. It was real annoying. Trying to fill pods with dogs running around everywhere
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:20 PM #99
firefoxx04
Up the Irons
 
firefoxx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
It was rather annoying. We like to normally keep a pretty empty pit other than the team and one staff member. At all times I was having to worry about getting random players out of our pit or random spectators smoking pot in our pit. It was real annoying. Trying to fill pods with dogs running around everywhere
big yikes
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:50 PM #100
(dr)
 
 
(dr)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichonitro View Post
GoSports isn't doing anything wrong it's not producing something that can sell on tv.
Thanks for the laugh
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump