Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-06-2008, 03:15 PM #1
bikerdude687

rex r2 detent

im lookin to replace the detent on my r2 and was told that angel detents work with it. I bought one and tried to install it but its to long do i have to mod something to make it work? or was or was someone wrong?
bikerdude687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2008, 06:32 PM #2
diablo81689

I know i have tried to put an autococker detent on it and I had the same problem. The detent was to long and after 20 balls it chopped the detent off. I emailed the supplier for these guns but who knows when they will email back.
diablo81689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 AM #3
frogsaver

has been a member for 10 years
would the new style rpmn ball detents work? http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/testorido3.htm second item down.
frogsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:43 PM #4
sandlot1

shave them down if they are too long.
Odyssey Legion #8
Black RPM(old style)
sandlot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 PM #5
TESballer
Awaiting Email Confirmation

the r2 used the same body as the tes/t1/rx etc. and they use spring loaded ball detents

originals are impossible to find nowadays, but cocker detents (same as angels) are fine. just don't screw them all the way in. put a oring (or two) in between the body and the detent to keep it from moving
TESballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 AM #6
lourivellini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESballer View Post
the r2 used the same body as the tes/t1/rx etc. and they use spring loaded ball detents

originals are impossible to find nowadays, but cocker detents (same as angels) are fine. just don't screw them all the way in. put a oring (or two) in between the body and the detent to keep it from moving
went the other day to get mine fixed. Autococker did not work, but angel did!!!! I guess theyre different. Screwed it in all the way too.
lourivellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:57 PM #7
lourivellini

Quote:
Originally Posted by lourivellini View Post
went the other day to get mine fixed. Autococker did not work, but angel did!!!! I guess theyre different. Screwed it in all the way too.
EDIT: thought it was screwed in all the way. One day I thoguth it felt loose, so i screwed it in all the way and it was too far. I guess it catches when its far enough, but you can go too far if your not careful. I got it at the right point and i put some loctite on it.
lourivellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:43 PM #8
Gereima

Gereima has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gereima has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Finally got a Kila AC detent to work all I need was the right size o-ring and some love. Also note I have a tex and torid, the stock detents are the same but one hole is better than the other just a little bit (torid). So thats probably why some angel detents work and sometimes AC detents works. Just my 2 cents
Gereima is offline   Reply With Quote