Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-22-2020, 08:52 PM #1
r_marczak_83

Spyder Imagine shoots like crazy

Im new to the world of PB and picked this gun up cheap. Everything seemed to work as it should. I hooked HPA to it and cocked it. Had it set to semi auto. Upon pulling the trigger, it goes in to an auto shoot for a few seconds. After it does its madness, I recock it and it acts normal until I rapid pull the trigger then it goes into that rapid crazy auto, then leaves the bolt uncocked.

Any start as to what I need to do to get it to just shoot the way its supposed to?
r_marczak_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2020, 04:58 AM #2
Mr. Charlie

Check or get someone to check the output pressure of the tank. What is it?

If the output pressure is ~800-850 psi that should be enough to run the Spyder, if lower than that’s probably why it’s not recocking.

If the tank pressure is fine then you probably will need a Spring Kit.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:16 AM #3
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

has been a member for 10 years
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
ferret15 supports Ninja Paintball
when it jackhammers only really 2 main causes.

1st- I know this is gunna seem obvious, but make sure you tank is filled. If it look low by the PSI gauge and doesn't fire, Its out of air. Unless you have an adjustable regulator your tank pressure is preset, but even so I'd have to check, but even my Low Pressure ninja reg will still recock the marker, it just wont shot the FPS.

2nd- Striker/hammer oring- At this point you'll find dried and cracked o-rings but You need to use the right type on the striker or it wont work. I recommend just getting the rebuild kit with the RED oring so you know its right. Other kits are fine but you'll have problems for example if you put a bolt oring as it fits to tight. If the oring is in good shape, a little cleaning and pb oil might bring it to life and some pb grease might buy you time while you wait for a new one.

3rd- just for fun you may have or maybe the previous owner jammed the buffer spacer in first. You will have to dig that out that's the case. I don't know why but people do this, it goes in after the striker, but its not needed and you can ditch it if you think its giving you problems.

"Originally posted by E99_Curt: Shouldn't you be busy making a marker?
"
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:19 PM #4
r_marczak_83

I added some washers to shim the long spring and that fixed the problem. That spring is probably getting weak. I have a spring kit.
r_marczak_83 is offline   Reply With Quote