Community Focus

Old 01-18-2021, 08:07 PM #1
77monteballer
Never leave the boat

has been a member for 10 years
77monteballer owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
77monteballer plays in the APPA D5 division
Cant get Sniper above 250fps

Bought a used Sniper onnthe cheap. Overlooked a red flag (previous owner oiled the guide rod/pump handle) but ive had 3 previous Snipers and myriad other cocker based pumps so i figured it wouldnt be a problem.

It was.

HPR leaked badly out of the bottom. Replaced the o-ring. Still need to go through the rest of it but i can make enough pressure so I moved on.

Rear trigger frame screw was in the feedneck, feedneck screw was in the trigger frame and the front trigger frame screw wasnt original. I only found that when i went to adjust the IVG and it wouldnt turn because the screw was too long.

Set the reg to 250 and get about 240fps. If i screw the IVG in like 5 turns i get to 260 but it's super inconsistent. Ive tried to sweetspot with the IVG all the way out. Get to maybe 250 before it starts dropping again then back out the HPR start tuning with the IVG. It just never makes it to a playable velocity with any consistency.

Disassembled the entire marker, cleaned cup seal, valve body, inspected springs, o-rings, got screws that seem to work, but things still dont want to work right.

HELP!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2021, 03:55 AM #2
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

What input pressure do you run? I dont remember exactly but i think mine runs at 225 psi with ivg 2-3 turns in. (New stock sniper).

Try 2 turns in and up your hpr slowly.

Last edited by Knorkator : 01-21-2021 at 04:33 AM.
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:19 AM #3
MrMeatball

MrMeatball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MrMeatball owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
HPR from the factory is 225. I know with a Rezzy if you up the pressure at the HPR past the recommended it'll start to lower your velocities. Maybe that extra 25psi is enough to throw a wrench in the works?

Last edited by MrMeatball : 02-08-2021 at 09:21 AM.
MrMeatball is offline   Reply With Quote