Old 09-10-2020, 06:53 AM #2500
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagsRgod View Post
I was able to get the dwell up to about 16.8 before I started getting drop off.
I see no point in *raising* the dwell much over stock, let alone that much. I'd be more interested in finding the floor than the "ceiling."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
The frame seem identical to me, but the F1 grips are a bit longer and wider. Iím sure the grips gave you that feeling. I prefer the grips and plan on getting a few for the Insight and three Vics I shoot from time to time.
Seconded. The F1 grips are really nice and I've swapped all of my BL markers over to them. The Force frame is dimensionally dead nuts to the BL frames. Noa, you're just feeling the difference in rubber grips. It's still a pretty thin setup so I'm not sure why you felt it was fat and wide. It's thinner than an LV or CS2 and very similar to a Prime.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2020, 08:30 AM #2501
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I see no point in *raising* the dwell much over stock, let alone that much. I'd be more interested in finding the floor than the "ceiling."

Seconded. The F1 grips are really nice and I've swapped all of my BL markers over to them. The Force frame is dimensionally dead nuts to the BL frames. Noa, you're just feeling the difference in rubber grips. It's still a pretty thin setup so I'm not sure why you felt it was fat and wide. It's thinner than an LV or CS2 and very similar to a Prime.
Non-marker related question for you. I'm planning to move to Indy in the next year (after March of 2021). What is a good field for competitive Xball near Indy? Whenever I lived in Indiana (Bloomington and Evansville area), we usually ended up going to Asylum because there weren't any fields with enough teams to practice consistently. Field of Dreams was a decent place to go but idk if that's around any more.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:06 AM #2502
MagsRgod

Annual Supporting Member
MagsRgod owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Quote:
Around 11ms is all I could get. This was rear SFR at 12 and front all the way forward. That had me shooting around a consistent 275ish, field limit is 280 where I play.
MagsRgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:01 AM #2503
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
Non-marker related question for you. I'm planning to move to Indy in the next year (after March of 2021). What is a good field for competitive Xball near Indy? Whenever I lived in Indiana (Bloomington and Evansville area), we usually ended up going to Asylum because there weren't any fields with enough teams to practice consistently. Field of Dreams was a decent place to go but idk if that's around any more.
https://www.battlegroundindy.com/

Speedball and woodsball, along with Friday night speedball under the lights. Great field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagsRgod View Post
Around 11ms is all I could get. This was rear SFR at 12 and front all the way forward. That had me shooting around a consistent 275ish, field limit is 280 where I play.
So you saw a noticeable drop at 11ms vs 11.5? That's surprising.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:17 AM #2504
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
Quote:

Speedball and woodsball, along with Friday night speedball under the lights. Great field.

Thanks! Are there tournament teams that play out of there?
Old 09-10-2020, 10:55 AM #2505
MagsRgod

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

It went mid 260's at 10.5ms. I might be grabbing more Air / Paint today, if so I'll try again tonight and confirm.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:44 PM #2506
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Wouldn’t mind seeing Madman making a video based on tuning the LV1.6, or one from Imped. The new solenoid seems to warrant it.
-KC Crusaders [ woodsball and speedball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 03:03 PM #2507
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Wouldn’t mind seeing Madman making a video based on tuning the LV1.6, or one from Imped. The new solenoid seems to warrant it.
Tuning principles really wouldn’t change from the past LV1s, just perhaps the approximate settings you end up with after tuning it how you want.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 09-12-2020 at 03:06 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 03:18 PM #2508
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Tuning principles really wouldnít change from the past LV1s, just perhaps the approximate settings you end up with after tuning it how you want.
Correct. It changes nothing. The methodology to reaching final results is the same no matter what.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:43 AM #2509
MagsRgod

Annual Supporting Member
I got the pressure tester in today. This is what the settings look like for it

SFR's - 5 Rear /10 Front
Dwell - 11ms
LPR - 74PSI
Heavy Rammer

Gun was shooting a very consistent 274-277 at a scenario game this past weekend with Graffiti and Valken Pro.

Last edited by MagsRgod : 09-15-2020 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:52 AM #2510
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
New Stuff

All this new stuff starting to drop in... does anyone care? Letís just make a quick list and add some other possible releases that would make sense, ie letís guess!

-Who all is tuning into Committed Paintballís live cast today? So a Geo 4, LV1.6, and an M170R will be getting the treatment?

-Who else thinks or senses a new CS dropping soon?

-Shocker Paintballís newest version should be announced soon, Iím assuming. Anyone interested in that one? Will SP have done enough to unseat the king of the mid tier category, the mighty Gtek 170R?

-Nothing from Dye that I know of. What would a new DSR interest you guys?

Just asking questions to drum up some conversation.
-KC Crusaders [ woodsball and speedball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:21 AM #2511
imped4now
BTFU

-Zero interest in whatever Committed is working on.

-A new CS is just a matter of time.

-I don't foresee any wholesale changes for the Shocker so meh.

-The DSR 2 should address my only concern(s) with the DSR

Speaking of Dye, it appears M2/M3 batteries are not available *anywhere.* I wonder what's going on there.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:53 AM #2512
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
Quote:

Speaking of Dye, it appears M2/M3 batteries are not available *anywhere.* I wonder what's going on there.
My teammate has had his m3+ down all year because they can't get him a new battery.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:08 AM #2513
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
That’s gotta be hugely frustrating. Hope Dye remedies that problem asap. I’d like to see Dye adopt the Field One strategy and start going the AA usage route with the option to convert it to rechargeable battery, and have the battery be something like the Luxe X uses.

Imped, I think you’ll see at least one big change in the new Shocker. Knowing you though, I don’t think you’ll like it.