Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-31-2020, 11:28 PM #1
alexthefiend

gog extcy leak

Hey, so I got a extcy today second hand it has a leak. I took it apart and cleaned the solenoid and than tested now the air is pushing through the barrel with the bolt pushing forward each time.

Could it still be the solenoid?
alexthefiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2020, 12:16 PM #2
alexthefiend

I called GOG today and they do not carry the solenoid anymore. I'm going to do some testing with using sealing tape.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:42 AM #3
shocktroop
Sit and Relax

has been a member for 10 years
shocktroop owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
shocktroop plays in the APPA D4 division
When you took the solenoid apart, there's a disk in there with a rubber center. Using your finger nail and put pressure against it. If you left a dent on there, it's bad and it needs replacing. Also, is there a brass nut on the end holding the solenoid in place? If not, look inside opposite of where the screws would go through the cap. There could be a crack visible, which is bad.

Usual reason for the bolt to go forward, would be the inside 017 oring or the main bolt oring in the middle, which is a 2x16.

Represent the old, long 68/45k tanks!

Old Feedback
shocktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:43 AM #4
shocktroop
Sit and Relax

has been a member for 10 years
shocktroop owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
shocktroop plays in the APPA D4 division
When you took the solenoid apart, there's a disk in there with a rubber center. Using your finger nail and put pressure against it. If you left a dent on there, it's bad and it needs replacing. Also, is there a brass nut on the end holding the solenoid in place?(Brass nut are the newer, stronger cap) If not, look inside opposite of where the screws would go through the cap. There could be a crack visible, which is bad.

Usual reason for the bolt to go forward, would be the inside 017 oring or the main bolt oring in the middle, which is a 2x16.

Represent the old, long 68/45k tanks!

Old Feedback
shocktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:47 PM #5
alexthefiend

Yea, There was a crack in the cap. I noticed. I fixed that with super glue and having it dry. It doesn't have the brass top. I'll check the top disk to see if it has any issues. I have a o ring kit coming today so I can fix it up. Also been trying to find a solenoid just in case.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:16 AM #6
alexthefiend

So did some testing further on this. Replaced any o rings in the breech. Also further testing the solenoid by unscrewing the middle qev and having the qev to the regulator and to the back of the gun where the bolt gets air. The air didn't go through the middle qev in which wasn't causing gun to auto-cock.