PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-09-2019, 09:57 PM #1
DJM51

Vintage - new to the Cities and wanting to get back in the game competitively

I've been out of the game for about 10 years now, but used to play competitively at Fox4 back on the East Coast. I'm considering getting back in and but only want to do so if I can find a local spot with more than just casual/rec ball players.

I've done a little research and it looks to me like Vintage is the closest option. How competitive is the talent at Vintage compared to other locations in the TC area?
DJM51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2019, 11:45 AM #2
ROCKNROLLA

has been a member for 10 years
ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
Vintage advance play, Annandale sunday challenge and Air Assault during the winter are your best bet for competitive play. You can find out more info on Facebook.

Vintage Paintball Series #2 is on July 29th. If your looking to check out the local scene come talk to some teams there.
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:29 PM #3
Wokaloo

Wokaloo is a Supporting Member
Advanced play at Vintage and Air Assault (winter) is legit. teams have been great having me on as a free agent for the day as well. It's a good scene.

My Feedback
"your heart rotts when you suck at something you love" - paul everett
Wokaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:26 AM #4
EvilCreature

EvilCreature is a Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
EvilCreature plays in the APPA D4 division
Annandale has an NXL buzzer system this year so things keep moving along just like a national event. Every team plays a best-of-three match against another squad, 2 minutes between points, then depending on the number of teams a break is timed out to allow everyone to regroup and you go again. Been at least 4 and as many as 8 teams per challenge this year. The house team refs as best they can while also playing matches (I am one of them) but most people are honest and either walk off or call for paint checks. The mood is competitive but generally not cut-throat and a lot of constructive criticism is exchanged. There are a mix of organized teams, more casual teams, and a walk-on group.

PBNation Feedback
Automags.org Feedback
EvilCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:03 PM #5
WldWzl
Limp Gawd

+1 for both Vintage and Annandale. I am a bit biased towards Annandale since it is closer to me and I think they do a great job.

Either way you will find players both experienced and newer and lots of good vibes. Say “hey” if you see me at either, usually rocking my ASM jersey.
WldWzl is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups