RAPER
Matrix Dr

has been a member for 10 years
RAPER is playing at Living Legends VI
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallinher0 View Post
So what I was referring to was the hack job done on the Kapp Flame for sale on the FB BST page. It’s painful to look at.
yea i agree. I seen it a few days before things got out of hand with the multiple postings on it. I assumed it had a story. It looked similar to the one Vegard has or had but i had a feeling that it was not the same marker due to part and frame color variances.

THe hack job done to the body under the breach is horrible, possibly the worst i've seen for someone trying to drill the body for eye wiring. I've done plenty myself with just a cordless hand drill and they all look almost factory so I have no idea what they did to make that hole-slot so ugly.

Anyways it's a shame how rough it is in currently. might be in worse shape than my flame was before i shipped it off to FX. If it was mine i would want that huge void filled in professionally and then obviously get together a proper reg and parts set and send it all out for anno

Last edited by RAPER : 03-31-2020 at 04:17 PM.
RAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2020, 11:39 AM #989
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Starting to understand why i never see any flames.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:24 PM #990
RAPER
Matrix Dr

so I am somewhat worried about the lack of information that is currently available on our beloved Matrix. Since I'm in IL and stuck in lockdown I decided to put together a simple video on regulator (hpr and lpr) adjustment and setup. I didn't go into detail with dwell or add in any dwell tuning but that could be something to do one day. Anyways i'm debating about adding more content to help cope with day to day boredom.

I am obviously not a professional video editor and this is honestly my first go at any real editing so it might be a little rough. also the video is a somewhat lengthy but I didn't want to cut anything out of the reg adjustment process. many adjustments made

https://youtu.be/VMh8Vfngiqo
Old 03-31-2020, 05:48 PM #991
Charger

Charger is a Supporting Member
There are a couple videos on the YouTube about tuning, but nothing more then just how to chrono consistently..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPER View Post
so I am somewhat worried about the lack of information that is currently available on our beloved Matrix. Since I'm in IL and stuck in lockdown I decided to put together a simple video on regulator (hpr and lpr) adjustment and setup. I didn't go into detail with dwell or add in any dwell tuning but that could be something to do one day. Anyways i'm debating about adding more content to help cope with day to day boredom.

I am obviously not a professional video editor and this is honestly my first go at any real editing so it might be a little rough. also the video is a somewhat lengthy but I didn't want to cut anything out of the reg adjustment process. many adjustments made

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM #992
Fallinher0
Taking Power Tokens

Fallinher0 donated to help Peyton Trent
Does anyone still drill for eyes anymore? Found a project I might want to take on but it’s blind and I want eyes if it isn’t too costly.
MacDev Prime
JT Impulse
Infinity Legend
Fallinher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM #993
RAPER
Matrix Dr

its no big deal to add the proper hole for wire passage. getting your hands on the eye carrier is the hard part anymore. I've personally done 3 and found it pretty easy and straightforward with basic handtools
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM #994
Charger

If you can find a eye carrier.. the major issue people have is drilling the small retaining screw on the live air chamber side. Easy way to get around that is don’t drill it, only drill the dead air chamber side, one is more then enough
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM #995
killerWGP212
Matrix Connoisseur

Or just let the eye carrier float, relying on the breach and breach rod to hold it in place

Highlights of my collection: Tequila Sunrise Matrix, Revenge V3, Highlander Viking, Eclipse Cocker, E-Mag
~My Old Feedback~
killerWGP212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM #996
Tracker
Patient Zero

Tracker is a founding member
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tracker supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
its no big deal to add the proper hole for wire passage. getting your hands on the eye carrier is the hard part anymore. I've personally done 3 and found it pretty easy and straightforward with basic handtools
ya know.. if someone could get me the specs, that would be a prime candidate for me to make on my 3d printer actually...

BoneBreak Excal, Gloss Black Inception Ripper
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM #997
Fallinher0
Taking Power Tokens

Fallinher0 donated to help Peyton Trent
How many of you are Toxic owners? Been drooling over those lately
MacDev Prime
JT Impulse
Infinity Legend
Fallinher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:22 AM #998
laysomepaint

laysomepaint is a founding member
Quote:

Videos are cool, so I don't want to say that you shouldn't keep doing that. But IMO the best thing to do, if you can, is to get Mr. Bones old matrix stuff back online somewhere. I think mccarterbrown even offered to host it, but someone has to get all the material from him.

I won't be upset if you keep making vids though
laysomepaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:36 AM #999
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Bones posts all of the time at Reddit Paintball now.

I’m not a member, but perhaps someone that is can ask him?

I know Imped is a member here and there lol.
Old Today, 02:09 PM #1000
RAPER
Matrix Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
ya know.. if someone could get me the specs, that would be a prime candidate for me to make on my 3d printer actually...
interesting.. i have an ender 3 pro myself and haven't even thought about printing a carrier. I will look in my box of crap and see if i have one floating around still that isnt being used. If I find one i will send you some detailed specs so you can try and model one and print
Old Today, 02:17 PM #1001
RAPER
Matrix Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysomepaint View Post
Videos are cool, so I don't want to say that you shouldn't keep doing that. But IMO the best thing to do, if you can, is to get Mr. Bones old matrix stuff back online somewhere. I think mccarterbrown even offered to host it, but someone has to get all the material from him.

I won't be upset if you keep making vids though
yea i agree that getting the old content back up would be ideal for everyone in the future.

I have been mentally putting together some ideas on doing some videos on some of the markers i have currently in my own version of a documentary. Figure my nyx, both of my Kapp Flames and a few others. I have an airtech/diablo made E Matrix that was an early LED model right after they moved away from the slide switch model. Its nothing fancy but I think it's a really cool marker to own.
Old Today, 03:02 PM #1002
Charger

Good idea on the eye carrier, I wonder if a breach/clamping feedneck would hold up..

I own 3 old school matrix’s at the moment, Ironman, blue/black fade toxic and the contract killer lasered dm3.. wish pbn allowed picture hosting again.. its a pain to find a host and link the pics..
Old Today, 06:37 PM #1003
Tracker
Patient Zero

Tracker is a founding member
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tracker supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
Good idea on the eye carrier, I wonder if a breach/clamping feedneck would hold up..

I own 3 old school matrix’s at the moment, Ironman, blue/black fade toxic and the contract killer lasered dm3.. wish pbn allowed picture hosting again.. its a pain to find a host and link the pics..
Probably not a breach, there's not enough meat on the spot that the breach rod threads into, (I know there's a better technical name for it, but it escapes me, I want to say boss, but that doesn't sound right) and in reality there's really no good orientation you could print it in where the whole thing wouldn't blow apart with one good shove in the wrong direction

Resin SLA printed might hold up better for awhile, but I still wouldn't use it as a long term replacement

BoneBreak Excal, Gloss Black Inception Ripper
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote