Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2017, 11:09 AM #85
gchette
 
 
gchette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Minnesota
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodcaptain View Post
Congrats Gil! That is awesome!
Thanks Bob. So far all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
Off the top of my head, it's missing at least one LED variant, some of the special edition 05's, the first generation a4 fly, the a1 speed... And a few others I can't think of while juggling a 2 year old at 6:30am. The lack of detail comment was mainly aimed at just that, the lack of offered details on each model (ie. OEM color options).

I'm not saying it's inaccurate, just saying it's hardly "comprehensive".
So how far down the rabbit hole is appropriate? Is a Gambler, Bruce Lee and Kill Bill 05 Speed still an 05 Speed? The A4 Fly gen 1 is the one without the fly eye milling in front of the feedneck right? The way I look at it the ones mentioned above should be able to be ID'd via the pictures there. As far as lack of details that's just kind of the way it is. There's no telling how many A4 Fly v1s are out there. Its like numbers for the Full Force Factory A4 Fly range from 13-25(my money is on the low end of that). Color options are a pain to determine numbers for too. Honestly given what I've seen in the BSTs over the last 4 years Gats appear to be more common than 06 Speeds but demand about a $200 premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulistz View Post
here's an update:

NO ONE GIVES A FLYING **** ABOUT WHAT ANGELS YOU OWN / ID THREAD.

sorry bro, I love ya, but the days of yore are gone, welcome to the age of donkey shows and quantum presbyterians run amok.

wanna write yourself into paintball history? strap a paintball marker to your back and fall outta a perfectly good aircraft without a parachute, because nothing short of that will be recorded in the histories of mankind otherwise....
We love you Jordy. I'm still waiting for that video of you during that bike race.
__________________
Feedback
PBN: Old | New

WTB: Red Angel G7 Avalanche (Dark G7) Grips
WTB: G7 45* Frame

Last edited by gchette : 07-03-2017 at 11:26 AM.
gchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2017, 01:01 PM #86
Somnambulistz
Should I Fake My Orgasms?
 
Somnambulistz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A Meadow
 has been a member for 10 years
Somnambulistz supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
Aren't you supposed to be carrying out your morning routine???

Chasing faerie's buck *** naked, backwards, through a cornfield...
Nope:



Outside I don't ride peletons or groups, solo or nothing. I don't like the machismo of the cycling community. They never stop to smell the roses, usually are making great time to a location that doesn't seem so hot and act like they are gods gift of athleticism. I like that I can out distance most of em too

Quote:
Originally Posted by going_home View Post
What's a quantum presbyterian ?

Is that one that travels in the tartus ?


Sorry bro, there is only 1 quantum presbyterian here, he is Sight_Unseen and he is very wise, very somber and very calculating, for he will save us when the end of days is near. Deut. 23:12-14:

12 Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. 13 As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. 14 For the Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you.

^some of his best advice when I cycle the countryside, passed on through his most strong vessel, Pat.
__________________
Angel 1 Speed
Torque ReduX

LIVERPOOL FC

I cycle everywhere (and smile allot and enjoy it), and I can do so because Pat told me this is America, you can cycle where you damn well please.
Somnambulistz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:31 PM #87
going_home
Hebrews 13:8
 
going_home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jeet Yet ?
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchette View Post
You can still download your pictures right? $400? I'm confused as to the scenario. I have all my images on photobucket and mine still work.
I guess they started it June 29.

I could still view them but not posted on forums.

Dont worry they will get around to you too.

I just counted the 13+ years of pics as lost and deleted everything.

If I cant have them they cant either.....
__________________
"Censorship happens when powerful people get scared." Michael Krieger

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:13 AM #88
Intern1
 
 
Intern1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 is Legendary
Intern1 supports Ninja Paintball
Going forward only put photos you don't care about on photo sharing sites. All family photos and what not should go an external HD or USB. The only thing on my photobucket are paintball pics that I have uploaded here, so it's no big deal if I can't get them.
__________________
Sharp as a tack, but in the sense that I'm not smart, just a prick.


Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:04 AM #89
Sight Unseen
Just call me Sight
 
Sight Unseen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Sight Unseen supports Ninja Paintball
All my stuff on photobucket can be reproduced easily, not worried about losing them. But, suddenly charging for something that was free is going to cause them to lose a lot of users.

Jordan, I've enjoyed our conversation today, but I have to go celebrate. Something you Canadians wouldn't understand.
Sight Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:39 AM #90
going_home
Hebrews 13:8
 
going_home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jeet Yet ?
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Going to grill some dead bird wings on the barbee....


__________________
"Censorship happens when powerful people get scared." Michael Krieger

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:14 AM #91
Carapace
+KA-B00M+
 
Carapace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Carapace is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Carapace supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchette View Post
So how far down the rabbit hole is appropriate? Is a Gambler, Bruce Lee and Kill Bill 05 Speed still an 05 Speed? The A4 Fly gen 1 is the one without the fly eye milling in front of the feedneck right? The way I look at it the ones mentioned above should be able to be ID'd via the pictures there. As far as lack of details that's just kind of the way it is. There's no telling how many A4 Fly v1s are out there. Its like numbers for the Full Force Factory A4 Fly range from 13-25(my money is on the low end of that). Color options are a pain to determine numbers for too. Honestly given what I've seen in the BSTs over the last 4 years Gats appear to be more common than 06 Speeds but demand about a $200 premium.
I wouldn't think a minimal amount of information such as a proper name for each angel and common OEM colors could be referred to as a rabbit hole, but ok I'll bite.

Yes, the gambler and hero series' are still 05 speeds, but you can't honestly believe the base model and the special edition *upgrades disregarded* are worth the same... Now I know we aren't talking about adding appraisal info in an ID thread, but an even a more accurate than we have now ID thread would be a benefitial tool to everyone and a necessary precursor to getting an appraisal. Same general principle applies for the 1st gen fly, however, I never said anything about adding production numbers because those can only be guesstimated. What can be confirmed with our collective knowledge and internet resources are at a bare minimum, a production name - per model/edition, and common OEM colors. Which is all I mentioned.

The main problems I have with the ID thread are upgrade related/far from oem examples, the rest is just icing on the cake.
__________________
Carapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:20 AM #92
Carapace
+KA-B00M+
 
Carapace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Carapace is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Carapace supports Ninja Paintball
I can do that too , Jordan...

__________________
Carapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:04 PM #93
Somnambulistz
Should I Fake My Orgasms?
 
Somnambulistz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A Meadow
 has been a member for 10 years
Somnambulistz supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
Going forward only put photos you don't care about on photo sharing sites. All family photos and what not should go an external HD or USB. The only thing on my photobucket are paintball pics that I have uploaded here, so it's no big deal if I can't get them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight Unseen View Post
All my stuff on photobucket can be reproduced easily, not worried about losing them. But, suddenly charging for something that was free is going to cause them to lose a lot of users.

Jordan, I've enjoyed our conversation today, but I have to go celebrate. Something you Canadians wouldn't understand.
Happy 4th! I celebrate this day too, HOORAY FOR INDEPENDENCE! best holiday imho all year, except for Xmas which i love too. And that 1 holiday that i forget its name, it celebrates Ruth the persian princess saving the jews in Iran? Basically it gives me a chance to let out all my self hate coming from the years of hebrew school that only pushed me more away. I told ya, I spend more time in church than synagogue, and since I don't instantly go up in flames it means I'm not as bad as Julesy 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
I can do that too , Jordan...

<3 A hole is a hole and paper bags can have holes cut for breathing
__________________
Angel 1 Speed
Torque ReduX

LIVERPOOL FC

I cycle everywhere (and smile allot and enjoy it), and I can do so because Pat told me this is America, you can cycle where you damn well please.
Somnambulistz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:12 AM #94
gchette
 
 
gchette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Minnesota
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
I wouldn't think a minimal amount of information such as a proper name for each angel and common OEM colors could be referred to as a rabbit hole, but ok I'll bite.

Yes, the gambler and hero series' are still 05 speeds, but you can't honestly believe the base model and the special edition *upgrades disregarded* are worth the same... Now I know we aren't talking about adding appraisal info in an ID thread, but an even a more accurate than we have now ID thread would be a benefitial tool to everyone and a necessary precursor to getting an appraisal. Same general principle applies for the 1st gen fly, however, I never said anything about adding production numbers because those can only be guesstimated. What can be confirmed with our collective knowledge and internet resources are at a bare minimum, a production name - per model/edition, and common OEM colors. Which is all I mentioned.

The main problems I have with the ID thread are upgrade related/far from oem examples, the rest is just icing on the cake.
So Julez I'm not trying to start ****. I'm just want to know where you want to go so I can help.

So in the case of the A4 Generation you'd have A4, MT 4, A4 Fly, Joy A4 Fly, A4 Full Force Factory, MT Fly, 05 Speed, 05 Speed (Bonebreak), 05 Speed "Hero"

And an entry for the Joy A4 Fly would be something like
A4 Fly Joy
<Picture of one stock>
<Year released>
Orange(Bronze)/Black Fade
Yellow/Black Fade
Red/Black Fade
__________________
Feedback
PBN: Old | New

WTB: Red Angel G7 Avalanche (Dark G7) Grips
WTB: G7 45* Frame
gchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 AM #95
Carapace
+KA-B00M+
 
Carapace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Carapace is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Carapace supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchette View Post
So Julez I'm not trying to start ****. I'm just want to know where you want to go so I can help.

So in the case of the A4 Generation you'd have A4, MT 4, A4 Fly, Joy A4 Fly, A4 Full Force Factory, MT Fly, 05 Speed, 05 Speed (Bonebreak), 05 Speed "Hero"

And an entry for the Joy A4 Fly would be something like
A4 Fly Joy
<Picture of one stock>
<Year released>
Orange(Bronze)/Black Fade
Yellow/Black Fade
Red/Black Fade
I didn't think you were, I just wanted to be abundantly clear.Sorry if I came off as a dick, it wasn't intentional. Otherwise, yes. I believe we're on the same page with your examples!

Gotta add the Gambler to that list, it's not part of the hero series.
__________________
Carapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:38 AM #96
gchette
 
 
gchette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Minnesota
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
I didn't think you were, I just wanted to be abundantly clear.Sorry if I came off as a dick, it wasn't intentional. Otherwise, yes. I believe we're on the same page with your examples!

Gotta add the Gambler to that list, it's not part of the hero series.
Nah I didn't think you were a dick, but I tend to ask questions that get people pissed off for some reason.... Maybe people need to get over it. Second just to poke some holes. How will the graphic A1 Flys be accounted for? An entry for each one, one entry with pictures as they surface?
__________________
Feedback
PBN: Old | New

WTB: Red Angel G7 Avalanche (Dark G7) Grips
WTB: G7 45* Frame
gchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:51 PM #97
Carapace
+KA-B00M+
 
Carapace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Carapace is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Carapace supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchette View Post
Nah I didn't think you were a dick, but I tend to ask questions that get people pissed off for some reason.... Maybe people need to get over it. Second just to poke some holes. How will the graphic A1 Flys be accounted for? An entry for each one, one entry with pictures as they surface?
That's one of those things that can go either way... I can name 4x graphic a1 fly's off the top of my head but I know they made more than just 4 graphic patterns. I'm gonna suggest going about it the easiest way, which is ask for pictures of OEM graphic models and add the rest as they surface.
__________________
Carapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:10 AM #98
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
A couple of the tough parts of doing up that thread were having the time to put it together, actually finding the pictures of the guns (which I tried very hard to do here on PBN to be able to credit the pictures to people who had the guns), and then putting it into some sort of useful format. I actually ran into problems with how many guns I could put into a post/section, because of character limit concerns.

I'd certainly like to revise and/or complete the thread. Time and local-to-PBN pictures might be a concern, but I'd think we could accomplish some more progress.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:30 AM #99
Carapace
+KA-B00M+
 
Carapace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Carapace is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Carapace supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
A couple of the tough parts of doing up that thread were having the time to put it together, actually finding the pictures of the guns (which I tried very hard to do here on PBN to be able to credit the pictures to people who had the guns), and then putting it into some sort of useful format. I actually ran into problems with how many guns I could put into a post/section, because of character limit concerns.

I'd certainly like to revise and/or complete the thread. Time and local-to-PBN pictures might be a concern, but I'd think we could accomplish some more progress.
After I Move, I would have zero problems with ironing out the format that Gil laid out earlier. Limiting search parameters for "close to OEM" pictures to just PBN would be difficult. It is nice you gave credit to ownership for said pictures, but it's not necessary. Guns change hands so often, 90% of them don't even own those guns anymore. So imho, it was alot of unnecessary leg work you did, looks great don't get me wrong, but I think the finer details were lost on the way to "going the extra mile" and ended up going 20 lol

The current thread is adequate for now, this conversation was ultimately to gauge interest in a major revamp if I put in the time. Nobody likes to work for nothing
__________________
Carapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:57 AM #100
gchette
 
 
gchette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Minnesota
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
The current thread is adequate for now, this conversation was ultimately to gauge interest in a major revamp if I put in the time. Nobody likes to work for nothing
Ben I think what Julez meant was thank you for putting together the existing page, but he's wondering if you are open to some help in making the thread more comprehensive.

Julez I think between the active users here and on FB we can come up with a fair amount of the pictures.
__________________
Feedback
PBN: Old | New

WTB: Red Angel G7 Avalanche (Dark G7) Grips
WTB: G7 45* Frame
gchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:42 AM #101
Carapace
+KA-B00M+
 
Carapace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Carapace is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Carapace supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchette View Post
Ben I think what Julez meant was thank you for putting together the existing page, but he's wondering if you are open to some help in making the thread more comprehensive.

Julez I think between the active users here and on FB we can come up with a fair amount of the pictures.
Lmfao! Point taken, Gil.

As far as the pictures, sure... Alot of examples can be produced here, but how many of those will be quality oem/originals...? That's, imho, one of my problems with the current thread.
__________________
Carapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:18 AM #102
gchette
 
 
gchette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Minnesota
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
Lmfao! Point taken, Gil.

As far as the pictures, sure... Alot of examples can be produced here, but how many of those will be quality oem/originals...? That's, imho, one of my problems with the current thread.
Let's cross that bridge when we get to it. If you want we can work on info and format and proposition for stock photos. Although maybe you want to just own this yourself which is fine.
__________________
Feedback
PBN: Old | New

WTB: Red Angel G7 Avalanche (Dark G7) Grips
WTB: G7 45* Frame
gchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:20 AM #103
Carapace
+KA-B00M+
 
Carapace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Carapace is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Carapace supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchette View Post
Let's cross that bridge when we get to it. If you want we can work on info and format and proposition for stock photos. Although maybe you want to just own this yourself which is fine.
Not at all, Gil. I would very much welcome a collaborative venture between seasoned junkies

That sounds great, I'll send you what I got when I get time to sit down and start
__________________
Carapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:57 AM #104
Somnambulistz
Should I Fake My Orgasms?
 
Somnambulistz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A Meadow
 has been a member for 10 years
Somnambulistz supports Ninja Paintball
my nuts are killing me, good lord i've gotta gear back on the hard living.....
__________________
Angel 1 Speed
Torque ReduX

LIVERPOOL FC

I cycle everywhere (and smile allot and enjoy it), and I can do so because Pat told me this is America, you can cycle where you damn well please.
Somnambulistz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:41 AM #105
going_home
Hebrews 13:8
 
going_home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jeet Yet ?
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Those bicycle seats....
__________________
"Censorship happens when powerful people get scared." Michael Krieger

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump