PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2016, 10:52 AM #22
ReynardHonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Haven't had any issues with the charging cutting off prematurely here. If that happens, or you suspect it is happening, you could bypass the board by unpluging the battery and using the Tenergy charger with the alligator clips to charge it directly. To do so, you would need to stick a couple of pins (paper clip legs or sewing needles would work) into the battery connector and then clamp the alligator clips to the pins, or cut the battery wires, strip back the ends, and clamp the alligator clips onto the wires directly.

Might be worth mentioning too that an aging or worn out battery may not be taking a full charge due to a dropped cell or a cell with diminishing capacity. If that happens, the battery bar will never show "full" no matter how much you charge the battery.
Good stuff. Thanks very much.
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
~Theodore Roosvelt
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2016, 11:32 AM #23
BigAlPoulos
The Evil Bovine

BigAlPoulos is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
BigAlPoulos donated to help Peyton Trent
BigAlPoulos is playing at Living Legends X
Great Write up Sticky'd

Sponsored By:

TRY OUTS COMING SOON SEND ME A MESSAGE FOR DETAILS

Sponsors No Longer In Business: Angel Paintball Sports, PBChainMail, Strategy Plus Paintball, Godfathers Paintball, Zodiak.
BigAlPoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:13 PM #24
burntuck2

burntuck2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
burntuck2 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
burntuck2 supports Shocker RSX
burntuck2 supports Ninja Paintball
question about going the aligator clip route, if i do this do i just stick with the black aligator clip to the black wire and the red aligator clip to the red wire? also how long till i know its fully charged and can i overcharge it? sorry for all the questions and thank you guys for being awesome especially you doc!
my pump *Drools*http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/w...k/100_0141.jpg
burntuck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:48 PM #25
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Correct, red to red, black to black.

The charger has a LED charging indicator that will indicate when charging is in progress and when it has finished. You can't overcharge the battery because the Tenergy charger is a "smart" charger with built-in cut off circuitry. It will automatically detect the voltage of the battery and cut off charging when it is complete.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:32 PM #26
BOMOD

BOMOD is a Supporting Member
Doc

What a life saver you are. We must have 6-7 Angels that use the 4.8 and 6.0 batteries but we only have 2 chargers. Now we can sell off the Angels with chargers included. Not many would buy an Angel without a charger.

Big Ol' Mean Ol' Dad
Old 05-18-2017, 10:57 PM #27
Vr4spd

Could you use this charger as well ? Tenergy B450AC 45W AC/DC Compact Balance Charger for NiMH NiCd LiPo Li-ion LiFePO4 L... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0170VT6Q0..._eYMhzbDNCZ1VW
Vr4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:24 PM #28
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Yes, that charger would work, although the features are a bit overkill for just charging our Angels. You would still need to modify one of its wire leads by attaching the correct DC barrel connector (Adaptaplug size H), of course.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:29 PM #29
Vr4spd

Simply choose that model because the prime shipping thanks for addressing the question
Vr4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:02 PM #30
bxm

Thanks for this info. I just got a G7 Fly without the charger but thanks to this it turns out I have all nessaary stuff to fabricate.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:08 PM #31
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Just a heads up, it looks like the Tenergy 01006 is being discontinued. You can find generic smart chargers with the same features in the same 2.4v-7.2v range but they tend to run a little higher in price than the Tenergy. The best alternative I've found so far is the CH-UN130 from BatterySpace.com. The unit price is actually about the same as the Tenergy, but their shipping prices are substantially higher.