PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 PM #43
imnotdannykeegan
f***ed up knee

has been a member for 10 years
1. yes
if im playing recball and and they get a lucky shot on me off the break that noone saw, if they got me fair and square ill walk off, but a random ball hitting my shoe and breaking is not taking me out of the game that early
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2006, 01:06 AM #44
iOn 0wN3r

1. yes, many times

2. because i can, and cheaters always live longer.
iOn 0wN3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:22 AM #45
PhileyOFish

PhileyOFish supports Bob Gurnsey
1.) Yes, once.

2.) To win I guess. After wiping I thought how stupid it would be if everyone else did it so I never did it again.
PhileyOFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:06 AM #46
Yo_Jimbo

NO I DO NOT WIPE! ...why? because if I land a ball on someone else I want them to leave the field like there supposed to, so if they land one on me guess what I honor the rules and get out of play. If you don't leave when your hit whats the point of the game? Well I should not say game..its much more than that and were am I again?
Yo_Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:17 AM #47
KrazyDrummer
u = < i

1. Yes

2. Because the reff told me to, believe it or not.... There was a kid on the other team that the reff didnt like so. I took the X off the break, but got hit on top of the head, so I wiped the best I could, then the reff ran out there, told me to cheat better, wiped it all off, and called me clean.

But then I got bunkered(its hard to wipe a lens hit when everyone sees it). So the reff went over to the player he didnt like, and broke a paintball on his back and called him out(he thought one of his teammates shot him) it was the funniest thing ever.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:19 AM #48
DrSlaughter

yes i have.

it was the last game of the day. i wasnt going to stand around with a ton of paint left, so i just acted like i was going for a pod and wiped it all off

in the same game, a freak ball hit the side of my marker, i just acted like i was setting it on the ground to reload, needless to say the refs there are pretty lax.
DrSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:29 AM #49
wdpballa4life
WDP for life

o u better belive it

well of course to win the game, look at my sig, hopper hits=bunker rub, hell everything cept masks i try to off, feednecks hits are pretty hard to off as well. i meen look at the pros, they all do it, i meen its part of the sport if u can wipe a gog hit clean well ur the man

VETERAN MILITIA
wdpballa4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:29 PM #50
Ace11

Talking

I never did but i would if i new i wounld not get caught and the olther team cheated.
Ace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:39 PM #51
Axion1224
Axion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout
1. At any time of your life in the sport of speedball or recball have you ever wiped paint?
* Not in a game of any sort. After games, of course. Been playing since 1991, zero wipes to date.

2. And what was the motive?
* Motive? Well, my motive for NOT wiping is that any hit is a hit. This game, at one time, had some honor in it. When people started justifying wiping, it pushed paintball back down the ugly road toward the old cops & robbers games of childhood - the days of "I shot you/No, I shot you/I shot you first!/No, I shot YOU first!". Have I had opportunities to wipe, or get away with cheating? Sure, but I'm not out there to break the most basic rule of the game.
I totally agree with this...i can understand wiping in like games with your friends or whatever, but when youre playing in something that counts and you wipe, you're just degrading the sport.
Axion1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:49 PM #52
Trimmer

Trimmer plays in the PSP
Trimmer is playing at Living Legends VII
Trimmer supports Empire
1.yes
2. during a local big game because i didnt feel like sitting out for half an hour
Trimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:43 PM #53
L-Virus

What sport out there dosnt have penalties for "cheating". All sports have cheating and people will always push the reffs. As for "honor", well that is still around a little in local events but national events WIN is all anyone cares about. And yes i do wipe, and wipping is just another paintball skill that needs to be mastered......hate all ya want but its the game
L-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:57 PM #54
drew08

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyDrummer
1. Yes

2. Because the reff told me to, believe it or not.... There was a kid on the other team that the reff didnt like so. I took the X off the break, but got hit on top of the head, so I wiped the best I could, then the reff ran out there, told me to cheat better, wiped it all off, and called me clean.

But then I got bunkered(its hard to wipe a lens hit when everyone sees it). So the reff went over to the player he didnt like, and broke a paintball on his back and called him out(he thought one of his teammates shot him) it was the funniest thing ever.
^^^^^HAHAH nice man thats funny, never get on the refs bad side.

But no i have neveer, it screws the game up, soon everyone in the paintball world will be doing it, so i dont wanna be a cause of that. 5 years, not one
drew08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:28 PM #55
needmoreworrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSlaughter
yes i have.

it was the last game of the day. i wasnt going to stand around with a ton of paint left, so i just acted like i was going for a pod and wiped it all off

in the same game, a freak ball hit the side of my marker, i just acted like i was setting it on the ground to reload, needless to say the refs there are pretty lax.
why the hell would anybody put their gun on the ground to reload..
needmoreworrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:47 PM #56
Purkel

Purkel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1. At any time of your life in the sport of speedball or recball have you ever wiped paint?

Yes... but not very often.

2. And what was the motive?

I am tempted to wipe whenever I get shot by my own teammates... it happens pretty often in woodsball... i get all the way up to the front, and noobs in the back start shooting at anything that moves in front of them. Very annoying..
Old 07-13-2006, 12:40 AM #57
Jax_Freestyle
i am the one who knocks

1. Yes.

2. All the cool kids do it these days.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:44 PM #58
off the break79

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyDrummer
1. Yes

crazy story..i totally believe it

i dont play paintball anymore.
off the break79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:08 PM #59
moo_moo_face

1. yea i wiped one time in woodsball
2. the games last long as hell and i didnt feel like waiting
moo_moo_face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:47 AM #60
killerbunny

1. no i have never wiped, i have played on and ignored a hit or 2.. but never wiped it off
2. because i dont cheat THAT bad, and all but one of the times it was an accident, the other i was just pissed
killerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:11 AM #61
loneassassin
A Grim and...

1. Yes, once. Only once in 13 years of play.

2. A guy I hit played on, and later in the game he hit me, so I wiped it. I regretted it immediately, because I stooped to his level. If you wipe paint, ask yourself this, what if you could NEVER get your opponent out, because they wipe every hit? That's where we're headed - people just running around shooting each other, but nobody leaving the field. Sounds like a good game to me. **** wiping and wipers.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:04 PM #62
hybrids
I try hard atleast....

1. yes all the time, but only in tournys or games that mean something

2. Its a part of the game, and it helps me win, and i know all the other teams doing it....
Old 07-15-2006, 03:05 PM #63
theCOMEBACK

theCOMEBACK is a Supporting Member
1) Yep

2) No one called me out/dont feel like going out.
theCOMEBACK is offline   Reply With Quote