Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2019, 05:36 PM #1
GoodmanPasta

Balls Breaking In Barrel

My GTEK keeps breaking balls in the barrel when I'm ramping. It's got a fresh battery and I cleaned everything last night, but it's still breaking balls. I've got a GTEK with an Empire Prophecy Z2 Hopper. Anyone know what it could be?

It's also on tournament lock but does it outside tournament lock as well
GoodmanPasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2019, 05:52 PM #2
Mr. Charlie

Most likely the paint sucks and it’s too big for the barrel (underbore) or you might have the Tension setting on the Prophecy too high.

If none of that helps then try a new Battery and Factory Reset the Board and try it then post again.

By the way the Tournament Lock wouldn’t have any affect on breaking paint...
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:00 PM #3
GoodmanPasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Most likely the paint sucks and it’s too big for the barrel (underbore) or you might have the Tension setting on the Prophecy too high.

If none of that helps then try a new Battery and Factory Reset the Board and try it then post again.

By the way the Tournament Lock wouldn’t have any affect on breaking paint...
I have the stock 2 piece barrel (.689) and use GI 2 Star paint, also .68 I'll mess with the tension on the prophecy, but the battery is brand new. Might just factory reset and see what happens.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:26 PM #4
Mr. Charlie

^oh ok

If the paint is boring at .680 and you are using the stock barrel at .689 then that’s probably too much overbore.

If you regularly get 2* that is that small then I’d recommend getting an extra Shaft 4/5 barrel back in.685 size. That should help with breaking paint too.

But yes, also try what I recommended earlier too.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Old 10-12-2019, 08:07 PM #5
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
^oh ok

If the paint is boring at .680 and you are using the stock barrel at .689 then that’s probably too much overbore.
No it's not. That's not causing his issue.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:44 PM #6
diehli
Geniass

diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
diehli plays in the APPA D5 division
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Are the eyes functioning or are you shutting them off?

If the eyes are working, replace the 2nd 013 on the bolt guide.

Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic.

For sale:
Z
diehli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:17 AM #7
Mr. Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
No it's not. That's not causing his issue.
How can you be sure?

I’ve seen overboring a lot like that cause breaks before.

Don’t pick on people’s answers without saying why. You just like to be negative but don’t even bother to actually help anyone, you just pick apart other people’s suggestions without even trying to help out the OP.

How productive and troll-like...

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 10-13-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:35 AM #8
GoodmanPasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehli View Post
Are the eyes functioning or are you shutting them off?

If the eyes are working, replace the 2nd 013 on the bolt guide.
I have it on default settings, so the eyes should be working. Doesnt let me shoot unless theres a ball in there
Old 10-13-2019, 09:09 AM #9
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
How can you be sure?

I’ve seen overboring a lot like that cause breaks before.

Don’t pick on people’s answers without saying why. You just like to be negative but don’t even bother to actually help anyone, you just pick apart other people’s suggestions without even trying to help out the OP.

How productive and troll-like...
I am positive that the ~0.009" overbore is NOT the *root cause* of the OP's breakage. Suggesting that a reduction in barrel ID will cause fewer breaks is laughable, so perhaps revisit your train of thought on the subject. Could the OP's barrel be causing breaks? Absolutely, through misalignment, a port burr or some other defect. But the paint-to-barrel interaction strictly in relation to diameter is not the issue. Period.

My suggestion would be the following - ensure that the detents are fresh and replace if unsure. This is not likely the problem but it does not hurt. I'd also suggest turning up the eye delay in order to give the ball some more time to settle. 2x the default setting is a good spot. Again, not likely the issue but it doesn't hurt. I'd then suggest switching to a different loader and barrel to rule those out separately. Report back with your findings and we'll go from there.

Charlie, get off whatever horse you're on. I've been helping people on this forum for many years. I'm all for you giving out advice, but at least be on the right track.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:19 AM #10
paintball dav
The Twilight Zone

I've been using the halo too and I was having these same issues when the force feed on it was keeping tension on the balls. I turned that off and overbored to a .693 and it hasn't broken a ball since. I used gi custom blend field paint the last time I went, so I'd take this with a grain of salt.
paintball dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:46 AM #11
TiZZiK_TNT

if there is paint on the bolt, its chopping. If paint is showing up mid way in the barrel making a barrel break its, too snug, paint gets stuck with the slightest imperfection. next ball smashes into it. mess.
TiZZiK_TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:51 PM #12
CSULA21

Try a different loader. If problem still continues, try a different barrel. Start changing variables one by one.