Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-10-2020, 07:36 PM #1
CaedenNF

Syx Breaking Paint

Hi there. Relatively new paintball player, started a few months ago. Anyways, my local field had an original Syx for $300, grabbed that. I noticed it didnt come with the stock barrel. its a .685. Now, i have friends who have minis and axes, they rarely ever break paint. For some reason though, it seems like i break a ball every. single. match. Sometimes multiple times. Ive factory reset it several times, lowered the dwell to what empire says works better but to no avail. Everything has been thoroughly lubed by a friend whos played forever, im shooting 270 fps, hopper cleaned before every use, eyes clean, everything is how it should be. I just cant figure out why it keeps breaking. The only thing i can figure is either my bore is too small or the field paint is bad, though ive bought some marballizer as well and it worked (slightly) better. still broke though. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? and anyone familiar with these markers?

To be clear, most of the time it breaks, not chops.
CaedenNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2020, 12:35 AM #2
Mr. Charlie

Barrel kit.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:23 AM #3
Jbad87

Have you tried shooting another barrel with a larger bore? If you play with anyone that hasn't had breakage issues see if they'll let you shoot their barrel for a game or two. All the paint we've been getting is wide, plus it's getting warm. I've been running .689 on apx paint and would probably be better off with .691 but I dont have a .691 back.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:35 PM #4
CaedenNF

Thank you, ill be sure to try this
CaedenNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:45 AM #5
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Just holding your barrel does your paint fall through your barrel? Or do you have to blow super hard to get the paint through the barrel?