Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2019, 12:30 AM #1
Send1tt

It's been almost 20 years, stoked to find this lost artifact.

Haven't played paintball since the late 90's to very early 2000's and one of my new co workers is into it and I think I'd like to give it another shot. Found my old gun tucked away in storage and I have to admit it's in really good condition. I'd like to try and revive it if possible. Definitely going to buy a new gun which is where things get confusing.

Every gun seems to be the same now, what makes one better than another? They seem to all be small, fast shooting, and air efficient. What really makes them all different now? Dye is one of the only brands I am familiar with still making guns. Little surprised to see their new guns are $1600 and I'm fine spending that money on it if I'm getting that much value. Back when I bought this angel you had that and autocockers and a $1000+ went a long way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Picture won't upload so here's a link https://imgur.com/gallery/wykUl3j

Last edited by Send1tt : 12-22-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Send1tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2019, 01:48 AM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Basically it comes down to feel. And what crazy features you want. What sort of stock barrel. All modern markers as you said are small, light, and efficient compared to years ago.

Dye has a few options out there
-csr $300
-dsr $800
-m3 $1500

The mid priced dsr is a great buy, and is used on the pro fields.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:24 AM #3
Mr. Charlie

^Agreed.

Also, Welcome Back!

I own the DSR and M3 series markers. In my opinion they are the best on the market in their respective “classes”.

The M3 series is pretty much the most advanced marker available with all of the features and technology they packed into it like the Recoil Cancellation (really works), UL-S barrel, Transducer, etc. I’d recommend getting a used one though as they can be found about half priced. The original M3s had problems with breaking paint, hence the M3+. All M3s can use all of the M3+ upgrades and most (if not all) should have at least the Bolt and Eye Pipe which help the most.

The DSR is similar in design to the Gamma Core so it’s super reliable and efficient. With the Flex Parts it is super quiet and smooth shooting too. With the same barrel it is even quieter than the M3 series. It’s definitely the “best” mid range Marker and is even better than some high ends in my opinion.

Planet Eclipse and MacDev also make some high quality, well designed Markers in their respective classes.

The new Field 1 Force looks interesting and was tested by Dynasty all year.

It really depends on what you want and what feels good to you.

I highly recommend the Dye Markers though, and get all the upgrades for them.

*Nice Angel by the way! People in the Marker section under APS should be able to help you get it running again if you’d like. Here is a link to the Angel section:

https://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 12-22-2019 at 05:34 AM. Reason: More information
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 09:05 AM #4
euphoria526
ZelRolFox's given

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
euphoria526 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
euphoria526 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
That angel does look good, is it still running? Like Mr. Charlie said the aps forum has a ton of people who know how to get it up and running. Or if that’s not your thing you can always send it to east coast angel loo
Old 12-22-2019, 02:19 PM #5
Paul77

The only issue with the angel in today’s game is I’d almost be certain that when it was made in the BPS arms race, it won’t be able to go down to 10bps. Lots of good markers are stuck in this predicament.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:57 PM #6
Mr. Charlie

You can put a Board in the Angel that will go down to 10 bps.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 03:11 PM #7
euphoria526
ZelRolFox's given

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
euphoria526 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
euphoria526 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Like the Enoch board
If I remember correctly the old WDP boards could go down to 10bps but I don’t remember going any less then that.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:25 PM #8
Paul77

You guys are right, at least with angels there is a board option. But most people arent willing to make that investment into an old marker, over just getting something current with easily accessible parts.