custommatt

has been a member for 10 years
custommatt is a Professional paintball player
custommatt supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by disasterplaya View Post
I’m not sure the Russians will be making it but the event will still go on. There also may be challenges for other players that are out of the country. Aftermath is in the East because they are based out of the Midwest rather then what there name suggests kind of like infamous.
Down side about the russian's not being able to make it mean that the second place team from Vegas wouldn't have a shot at the series.

Matt Sossoman #85
Omaha VICIOUS

FARSIDE
GI SPORTZ
http://www.inceptiondesigns.com/
custommatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2020, 06:32 PM #23
The_Quadfather
a.k.a. The Crip

The_Quadfather is BST Trusted
It would suck if RL couldn’t make it but this seems like the only realistic way to resume the season imo
Old 05-16-2020, 08:41 AM #24
PBSales

Much like college football it seems the toughest division with the most talent is in the South.
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:11 AM #25
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Everything is open in Florida right now, Texas and AZ have their bars and gyms open, not sure why the nxl just doesn’t move all their events to those states. Or even wisconsin, Ohio. Just move the events to red states. Oh, and if you’re not enjoying having your first amendment rights taken away, then remember that at the voting booth
Old 05-16-2020, 08:41 PM #26
Ca$$Money
YEAH MONEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Everything is open in Florida right now, Texas and AZ have their bars and gyms open, not sure why the nxl just doesn’t move all their events to those states. Or even wisconsin, Ohio. Just move the events to red states. Oh, and if you’re not enjoying having your first amendment rights taken away, then remember that at the voting booth
You can't be serious can you? You think shelter in place guidelines are in place in order to take American citizen's first amendment rights away? You also think this is somehow a partisan issue? I'm sorry, but this virus does not discriminate. The most obvious and effective way to combat the spread of this virus is to not be around other people. You and many others may not like it and you may be severely impacted by the stay at home orders and that, I agree, stinks. But so does dying. Or your loved ones dying. Or your children. Or my children. This is hard times for all, especially those of whom lost their jobs, have a hard time feeding their family, pay their rent, or continue to be put in close contact with this deadly virus.

The only thing I hope that can be solved at the voting booth is that us Americans get someone who is more prepared, more empathetic, and less ego-driven in the case something like this ever happens again.
Ca$$Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:38 AM #27
Kieth Stone

You shelter the **** in place and worry about yourself
Kieth Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:08 PM #28
KPJKPJ

I can't seem to find dates for the events, are those posted?
KPJKPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:23 PM #29
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$$Money View Post
Quote:
You can't be serious can you? You think shelter in place guidelines are in place in order to take American citizen's first amendment rights away? You also think this is somehow a partisan issue? I'm sorry, but this virus does not discriminate. The most obvious and effective way to combat the spread of this virus is to not be around other people. You and many others may not like it and you may be severely impacted by the stay at home orders and that, I agree, stinks. But so does dying. Or your loved ones dying. Or your children. Or my children. This is hard times for all, especially those of whom lost their jobs, have a hard time feeding their family, pay their rent, or continue to be put in close contact with this deadly virus.

The only thing I hope that can be solved at the voting booth is that us Americans get someone who is more prepared, more empathetic, and less ego-driven in the case something like this ever happens again.
66% of all April infections came from people sheltering inside. Look at South Dakota. They never even had a lockdown and their infection rates are minuscule. And yes it does discriminate actually. 1100 sailors infected on the USS Roosevelt. Only 4 hospitalized, 1 death, and more then half never developed symptoms. Nearly 1000 infections at a Tyson food plant. 2 deaths. Congratulations. We just put our country through a Great Depression over a virus that has a similar mortality rate as the flu. The only thing different is that it has a much higher infection rate, probably because it lives on surfaces much longer, and less people tend to develop symptoms but can still spread it. Now in case you haven’t noticed, majority of paintball players aren’t living in nursing homes. The flu kills 1 out of 1000 on average. This is killing about 2 maybe 3 out of a thousand on average. There’s a reason why red states don’t care and are remaining open. This thing is much less deadlier then originally projected. So no offense, but I suggest you turn off the news, and look at the data Arizona, UCLA, Stanford, and New York county are putting out. It turns out this thing has probably been here since fall, and Andrew Cuomo thinks that 25% of all of New York has actually already had this vir us.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 05-17-2020 at 02:28 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:35 PM #30
ThatGuy86
RIP DAN DONLON

ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
Remind me the last time the flu killed 80,000+ people in a matter of months? Saying the coronavirus has similar mortality rates to the flu is just plain incorrect. The stay-at-home restrictions were designed to protect those people who are more vulnerable to the disease, but if you want to risk other people’s lives so you can go play a paintball tournament then it’s not even worth arguing with you.
ThatGuy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:04 PM #31
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPJKPJ View Post
I can't seem to find dates for the events, are those posted?
That’s because they aren’t yet, and this is actually all tentative on covid rules still.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:29 PM #32
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy86 View Post
Remind me the last time the flu killed 80,000+ people in a matter of months? Saying the coronavirus has similar mortality rates to the flu is just plain incorrect. The stay-at-home restrictions were designed to protect those people who are more vulnerable to the disease, but if you want to risk other people’s lives so you can go play a paintball tournament then it’s not even worth arguing with you.
Most of those deaths aren’t even real. The cdc has it listed a little less then 60k. Even Fauci and birx have come out and stated that the deaths are inflated by about 30%. Hospitals are putting covid 19 on every death certificate because they receive more federal income. I interviewed a lady a few weeks ago for a job who said that her husband suffered from ptsd, and he hung himself last month and they listed him as a covid death. That’s not all, they’ve found car accidents, drug overdoses and even drownings listed as covid deaths. Here, the cdc has it listed at 60k right now, take a look for your self. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

And FYI, the flu killed 80k people just 2 years ago. The only difference is that the mainstream media wasn’t using it as a fear mongering took like they are right now.

The flu mortality rate is 0.01%. You can look at the samples we have already. 1100 sailors infected on the USS Rosevelt. 1 death, only 4 hospitalized and majority never even developed symptoms. 1 divided by 1100 is 0.009%. In other words, 0.01%. So yes, they do have a similar mortality rate. As I mentioned, covid is just much more infectious.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:10 PM #33
ThatGuy86
RIP DAN DONLON

Quote:
Most of those deaths aren’t even real. The cdc has it listed a little less then 60k. Even Fauci and birx have come out and stated that the deaths are inflated by about 30%. Hospitals are putting covid 19 on every death certificate because they receive more federal income. I interviewed a lady a few weeks ago for a job who said that her husband suffered from ptsd, and he hung himself last month and they listed him as a covid death. That’s not all, they’ve found car accidents, drug overdoses and even drownings listed as covid deaths. Here, the cdc has it listed at 60k right now, take a look for your self. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

And FYI, the flu killed 80k people just 2 years ago. The only difference is that the mainstream media wasn’t using it as a fear mongering took like they are right now.

The flu mortality rate is 0.01%. You can look at the samples we have already. 1100 sailors infected on the USS Rosevelt. 1 death, only 4 hospitalized and majority never even developed symptoms. 1 divided by 1100 is 0.009%. In other words, 0.01%. So yes, they do have a similar mortality rate. As I mentioned, covid is just much more infectious.
Quote:
To do this, we have to compare counted deaths to counted deaths, not counted deaths to wildly inflated statistical estimates. If we compare, for instance, the number of people who died in the United States from COVID-19 in the second full week of April to the number of people who died from influenza during the worst week of the past seven flu seasons (as reported to the CDC), we find that the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu. In other words, the coronavirus is not anything like the flu: It is much, much worse.
- https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...es-to-oranges/

Johns Hopkins has the mortality rate far higher than your fraction of a percent as well: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Even if I were to concede that the numbers are false or inflated for monetary reasons, but it’s still not as “harmless” as the flu.

Quote:
The case fatality ratios will vary slightly from county to country, based on differences in the policies and measures put in place to control the outbreak, he added. In any case, these mortality rate estimates are still much higher than that of the seasonal flu, which kills around 0.1% of people who are infected.

"Even though the fatality rate is low for younger people, it is very clear that any suggestion of COVID-19 being just like influenza is false," he wrote. For those between the ages of 20 to 29, for instance, the chance of dying from SARS-CoV-2 is 33 times higher than the odds of dying from seasonal influenza, he wrote.”
- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...estimates.html

I’m done disputing numbers because it’s clear you have your mind made up that this is all overblown fearmongering. The fact still remains TENS OF THOUSANDS of people in this country have died from this disease over the last few months, and that’s not to mention the countless more around the world. But please, let’s trivialize the virus that led to these unnecessary deaths so we can all get back to shooting pain pellets at one another so we can brag about it on social media. That’s the real important stuff, right?
Old 05-17-2020, 06:25 PM #34
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
To do this, we have to compare counted deaths to counted deaths, not counted deaths to wildly inflated statistical estimates. If we compare, for instance, the number of people who died in the United States from COVID-19 in the second full week of April to the number of people who died from influenza during the worst week of the past seven flu seasons (as reported to the CDC), we find that the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu. In other words, the coronavirus is not anything like the flu: It is much, much worse.
- https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...es-to-oranges/

Johns Hopkins has the mortality rate far higher than your fraction of a percent as well: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Even if I were to concede that the numbers are false or inflated for monetary reasons, but it’s still not as “harmless” as the flu.

Quote:
The case fatality ratios will vary slightly from county to country, based on differences in the policies and measures put in place to control the outbreak, he added. In any case, these mortality rate estimates are still much higher than that of the seasonal flu, which kills around 0.1% of people who are infected.

"Even though the fatality rate is low for younger people, it is very clear that any suggestion of COVID-19 being just like influenza is false," he wrote. For those between the ages of 20 to 29, for instance, the chance of dying from SARS-CoV-2 is 33 times higher than the odds of dying from seasonal influenza, he wrote.”
- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...estimates.html

I’m done disputing numbers because it’s clear you have your mind made up that this is all overblown fearmongering. The fact still remains TENS OF THOUSANDS of people in this country have died from this disease over the last few months, and that’s not to mention the countless more around the world. But please, let’s trivialize the virus that led to these unnecessary deaths so we can all get back to shooting pain pellets at one another so we can brag about it on social media. That’s the real important stuff, right?
John Hopkins mortality rate only counts for CONFIRMED CASES. It does not count for the millions of cases that go undetected, which judging by Stanford’s antibody testing, New York county’s antibody testing, UCLAs antibody testing, and now Arizona’s antibody testing, which by the way, was all randomized. Turns out New York has had 25% of their population already have this disease. 25% of New York is 2 million and 75k people. New York has supposed 22k deaths. 22k divided by 2,075,000 is.....0.01%.... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyd...outputType=amp

Again, if you don’t want the New York studies, then I can send you Arizona’s or Stanford university’s . Most people who contract the virus experience little to no symptoms at all. Here’s a study of 33 pregnant women testing positive, and only 4 of them ever developed any symptoms. You honestly believe even 10% of these Coronavirus cases are even going accounted for?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/85965

So hey buddy, if you want to stay inside until that Vicious 0.01% gamble of you dying goes away, from then by all means, go ahead.

And FYI, I know this stuff because it was once my job expose media outlets. I can do better journalism then multi billion dollar media outlets, while sitting in my car. You need to start looking at the randomizes antibody studies that are coming out. Again, John Hopkins does not account for those. They’re going by confirmed covid cases and deaths, do you understand?

Last edited by Trevor the great : 05-17-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:46 PM #35
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

sorry which political party took away our rights? I seem to remember nearly every state had stay at home orders...(except SD?)

Lastly, I see you've compared COVID to the flu... which means you don't really know what you're talking about. Look up R0 (R not) and compare. Take note that the flu is caused by influenza (while different strains, its familiar) and COVID is caused by a coronavirus (a novel, unseen one at that).
VETERAN MILITIA

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 05-17-2020 at 06:49 PM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:55 PM #36
PBSales

In the last 5 years Syria has had 470,000 innocent people killed, over a million injured and 11.3 million people have been driven from their homes with the help of the US and Russian governments supplying the weapons of course

...and you guys are hiding from the sniffles? Pull your panties up and get back to work.
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:02 PM #37
ThatGuy86
RIP DAN DONLON

Quote:
And FYI, I know this stuff because it was once my job expose media outlets. I can do better journalism then multi billion dollar media outlets, while sitting in my car. You need to start looking at the randomizes antibody studies that are coming out. Again, John Hopkins does not account for those. They’re going by confirmed covid cases and deaths, do you understand?
If that were true you wouldn’t be wasting time stirring up **** posting on a paintball forum.

By the way, maybe take a look at the controversy surrounding the Stanford test you speak so highly of since the scientific community tore it to shreds once it was released.

I’m sure you’re going to have a response but don’t waste your time. You do what you think is right and I’ll do the same since we’re not changing each other’s minds. We’ve derailed this thread enough as it is.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:11 PM #38
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
If that were true you wouldn’t be wasting time stirring up **** posting on a paintball forum.

By the way, maybe take a look at the controversy surrounding the Stanford test you speak so highly of since the scientific community tore it to shreds once it was released.

I’m sure you’re going to have a response but don’t waste your time. You do what you think is right and I’ll do the same since we’re not changing each other’s minds. We’ve derailed this thread enough as it is.
Oh I know, the left is absolutely HATING these antibody tests. Here’s another one that France and Spain did.

Antibody testing in France/Spain estimate ~5% infected w/ COVID-19...10x higher prevalence than positive PCR tests

Excluding nursing home deaths, all-age IFR = 0.5%

Assuming 10:1 infection-to-PCR ratio, IFR by age group:

Ages
30-39: 0.01%
40-49: 0.03%
50-59: 0.04%
60-69: 0.19%

Here’s one from Netherlands

IFR by age (Netherlands):
20-29 = 0.004%
30-39 = 0.007%
40-49 = 0.014%
50-59 = 0.10%
60-69 = 0.5%

So, to people under the age of 40, this is less dangerous then the flu, and keep in mind we have vaccines for flu, which is why you’re seeing this virus absolutely destroy nursing homes right now.

All I’m saying is that the NXL needs to look at all the data, make their decisions, consider moving their events to red states who are making their policies based on data, not feelings.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:01 PM #39
ndcody

ndcody is a Supporting Member
Quote:
That awkward moment when you spend a thread advocating for political change based on mismanagement, but your party controls basically the entire federal government except for the house.

pepe handz
Old 05-17-2020, 08:09 PM #40
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcody View Post
Quote:
That awkward moment when you spend a thread advocating for political change based on mismanagement, but your party controls basically the entire federal government except for the house.

pepe handz
What was mismanaged? I’m sorry, how about the other 150+ countries that have it? who’s fault is that? The White House has very little power over states right now. However, I will go ahead and assume that you’re going to blame this all on trump, am I right? I’m going to make a bold claim here. More people in this country have trump derangement syndrome then they do covid 19.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:21 PM #41
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

sokopath owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath supports DLX Technology
sokopath supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
In the last 5 years Syria has had 470,000 innocent people killed, over a million injured and 11.3 million people have been driven from their homes with the help of the US and Russian governments supplying the weapons of course

...and you guys are hiding from the sniffles? Pull your panties up and get back to work.
What does this have to do with anything? completely useless comment
Old 05-17-2020, 08:24 PM #42
ndcody

ndcody is a Supporting Member
Quote:
What was mismanaged? I’m sorry, how about the other 150+ countries that have it? who’s fault is that? The White House has very little power over states right now. However, I will go ahead and assume that you’re going to blame this all on trump, am I right? I’m going to make a bold claim here. More people in this country have trump derangement syndrome then they do covid 19.
I had a response but I just realized that you typed out "What was mismanaged?"

Hahaha implying I'm a liberal, the classic blunder.

Last edited by ndcody : 05-17-2020 at 08:46 PM.
ndcody is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.