Old 04-07-2020, 07:40 AM #43
EKKsoldier622
561-772

has been a member for 10 years
EKKsoldier622 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post
its merely them continuing to adapt the strategy as data is taken in and the transmission, symptoms, virulence and prognosis of COVID-19 is documented.
There’s more to it than the characteristics of the virus; which is partly why they’ve never recommended it for endemic viruses, but everything you said factors into that decision

Unfortunately they severely lack transmission data as it relates to the efficacy of self made masks. This is them airing on the side of ‘if it may help more than it hurts, let’s recommend it’, but the CDC and top level epidemiologists, virologists, and those in “tropical medicine” continue to reinforce its an absolute last line of defense because they can’t tell you how much it may or may not help,... not at least until some peer reviewed studies have had time to analyze all this in hindsight
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2020, 08:43 AM #44
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

masks also help you not touch your nose or mouth so its not just about what it blocks or doesnt.
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:33 PM #45
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
masks also help you not touch your nose or mouth so its not just about what it blocks or doesnt.
This is the train i was aboard before everyone was crapping on the "Homemade" masks.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:48 AM #46
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

sokopath owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath supports DLX Technology
sokopath supports Empire
Joint Commission is telling nurses to wear the same mask for a week now. Some hospitals are now even "sanitizing" used PPE with a hydrogen peroxide treatment. I work in pharmaceutical Clean Air. I've seen compounding pharmacies wearing simple bandanas over their face while their compound medications. This mask, no matter how you try to justify it, is a money grabbing stunt for the sheeple.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:46 AM #47
usdpb

plays in the NXL
usdpb supports Shocker RSX
usdpb supports Ninja Paintball
anyone here using n-95 masks should stop immediately using them and donate their supply to a hospital. Most people don't need thoses masks, but nurses and doctors do.

oh and this is for tweeter, if HK was "doing the right thing" then why have they gone from donating 1 mask for each purchased, to 2 and now its up to 3 masks. they realized they were being greedy and they got caught because the public called them out for it.
New England Exalted #81

Sponsored By
Boston Paintball
Committed Paintball
BKIT
GI Sportz
Virtue
usdpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:03 PM #48
_tamer_

plays in the NXL
_tamer_ owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
_tamer_ plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdpb View Post
anyone here using n-95 masks should stop immediately using them and donate their supply to a hospital. Most people don't need thoses masks, but nurses and doctors do.

oh and this is for tweeter, if HK was "doing the right thing" then why have they gone from donating 1 mask for each purchased, to 2 and now its up to 3 masks. they realized they were being greedy and they got caught because the public called them out for it.
its a bit silly to tell someone to "stop immediately using them". Do medical staff need them more? sure. but thats not everyone outside of the hospitals responsibility to stop using their own self aid masks because someone else may need them more. Im not going to compromise my safety of the safety of my child because someone else needs this exact mask as well.

Also. I dont understand why people are taking a dookie all over HK. Plain and simple, for the money or not, they're doing something. They need to make profit to stay above water, like every other struggling small business right now is trying to do. To succeed, you need to make money, to grow paintball, like everyone seems to love complaining about, money must be made and business must move forward. If this is the way, then so be it, and provide a small bit of assistance along the way. Personally, I commend them for doing ANYTHING.
_tamer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:43 PM #49
usdpb

plays in the NXL
usdpb supports Shocker RSX
usdpb supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tamer_ View Post
its a bit silly to tell someone to "stop immediately using them". Do medical staff need them more? sure. but thats not everyone outside of the hospitals responsibility to stop using their own self aid masks because someone else may need them more. Im not going to compromise my safety of the safety of my child because someone else needs this exact mask as well.
It's not a bit silly to tell people who don't need n-95 masks to stop using them because so many people are using them that people who do need them, because they are around COVID patients for 10-12 hours at a time can't get them.

You don't need an n-95 mask to go to the grocery store, pump gas or any other daily activity. If you think you do, then you're part of the problem, not the solution.
New England Exalted #81

Sponsored By
Boston Paintball
Committed Paintball
BKIT
GI Sportz
Virtue
usdpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:56 PM #50
lavasta
ALCHEMIST

is playing at Living Legends XI
lavasta owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
lavasta has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you can get your hands on a mask use it. It's your responsibility to take care of yourself.

LOWER VALLEY GROWN
Old 04-17-2020, 02:54 PM #51
NuckaMan

Anyone know if there is a pocket in these masks? Having a pocket will allow the ability to place a small paper filter (e.x. coffee filter) inside the mask so it can be more effective for sneezes and coughs.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:49 PM #52
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckaMan View Post
Anyone know if there is a pocket in these masks? Having a pocket will allow the ability to place a small paper filter (e.x. coffee filter) inside the mask so it can be more effective for sneezes and coughs.
There isnt.

Got mine today. I like it, good for public use and decent for me when at work to use overtop a surgical mask. Gonna have to re read a policy if i can use them overtop an N95 to preserve them

Very washable, its like 2/3 layers of their drifit shirt material. Happy to have something personable to me when around non Covid patients though!

Did also order one from Sandana that has a pocket filter but that wont be here for a few weeks i presume.
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
OA paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:02 PM #53
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 supports Ninja Paintball
I grabbed a mask today. I need a mask to go into any store in jersey. I hope they get the mask they plan to donate out fast.
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 02:23 PM #54
_tamer_

plays in the NXL
Quote:
It's not a bit silly to tell people who don't need n-95 masks to stop using them because so many people are using them that people who do need them, because they are around COVID patients for 10-12 hours at a time can't get them.

You don't need an n-95 mask to go to the grocery store, pump gas or any other daily activity. If you think you do, then you're part of the problem, not the solution.
So, youre saying people who wear a safety mask, for their.. safety, are part of the problem? Seems a bit silly. Do I agree that people in the direct line of contact need them more? Obviously. But to subject my personal safety because someone else needs my particular mask more, is rather idiotic.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:28 PM #55
TheRealPikaBu
OG Baller

HK is another story, but all masks should only be in the color "white", so you can tell if they are dirty or not. If I see someone wearing one of these I will consider that person dirty and stay 600 yards away from them
Old 04-19-2020, 02:50 AM #56
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Quote:

I only have n95 masks. You cant go anywhere without a mask around here and those dust masks dont seal as well as the rubber gasket mine have. Im shopping for my parents too so I cant take any chances.
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:28 AM #57
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

sokopath is Legendary
sokopath supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealPikaBu View Post
HK is another story, but all masks should only be in the color "white", so you can tell if they are dirty or not. If I see someone wearing one of these I will consider that person dirty and stay 600 yards away from them
lol wut? In a normal state of operation, masks are thrown away after each patients room or per task depending on what it is, especially in a hospital system. Masks usually have two different colors, or shades to indicate the outside from the inside.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:53 PM #58
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
The keyword there being “normal”.

This isn’t normal.

Hospitals don’t have PPE and FEMA is stealing their shipments and reselling it back to them for way more $. It’s all a giant scam to make Trump and Kushner $$$.

Nurses are having to reuse masks and gloves which is just nasty and bound to get them infected.

It seems like this administration really doesn’t care about the Corona Virus and only cares about how much money they can make from it - as much as they have bumbled everything...
Old 04-20-2020, 08:36 AM #59
Railios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Hospitals don’t have PPE and FEMA is stealing their shipments and reselling it back to them for way more $. It’s all a giant scam to make Trump and Kushner $$$.

It seems like this administration really doesn’t care about the Corona Virus and only cares about how much money they can make from it - as much as they have bumbled everything...
This is just beating up on an easy target with no valid reasons supported by any facts. So I'll join you, I'm out of hpa and a ball broke in my barrel twice this week its ridiculous how evil Trump is. The buck is passed so the problem is solved, we are manly men now! 💪🏽
Railios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:03 AM #60
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

sokopath is Legendary
sokopath supports Empire
Quote:
The keyword there being ďnormalĒ.

This isnít normal.

Hospitals donít have PPE and FEMA is stealing their shipments and reselling it back to them for way more $. Itís all a giant scam to make Trump and Kushner $$$.

Nurses are having to reuse masks and gloves which is just nasty and bound to get them infected.

It seems like this administration really doesnít care about the Corona Virus and only cares about how much money they can make from it - as much as they have bumbled everything...
bro, where are you getting your facts from? CNN??
Old 04-20-2020, 02:05 PM #61
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Alex Jones
Old 04-25-2020, 07:44 AM #62
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...n-seizing-ppe/
Old 04-25-2020, 09:39 PM #63
_tamer_

plays in the NXL
Quote:
the fact that you just referenced snopes as real analytical data completely invalidates your entire stand. get out of here with that grade school Wikipedia nonsense.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.