Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-30-2020, 04:14 AM #1
ADTP28

I'm not sure if this post should go under Paintball news, and if not feel free to take it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
HK Army appears to be switching over a large portion of their manufacturing capacity in order to produce protective dust masks to help donate to local Californian hospitals where many medical workers face the reality of running out of PPE for daily interaction with patients at risk of having the virus. They will be donating 2 masks for every 1 mask sold.

While it doesn't seem to be a N95 level mask, I would imagine something is better than nothing in this regard and it seems to be similar to the surgical masks that many health care workers are already wearing. HK Army sister company Metathreads made a post clarifying that while the retail versions will be branded to help them generate more revenue to build masks, the masks donated will contain no branding or imagery.

Awesome to see a Paintball company willing to risk income in order to try and help fight this virus that is starting to effect so many of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKARMY/METATHREADS
Due to the significant hospital shortages of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Meta Threads will be converting a large portion of our manufacturing lines to mask production in an effort to service our community, state and employees.
For every mask purchased, all profits will be used to fund the production of two additional masks that will be donated to California hospitals, medical facilities and front line workers.

While we are enthusiastic to contribute towards protective measures against harmful exposure to the Coronavirus, we can’t guarantee the masks efficacy as the level of protection provided by the mask is unknown. We are working closely with the FDA to receive certification for a schedule I mask (more to come).

The current mask we have been able to develop consists of the following specifications:
● 3Ply Polyester
● Aluminum Nose Wire Insert
● Elastic Ear Loops
● Washable/Reusable

The retail version is graphic printed on both the front and back panels of the mask, while the donation version is a non-printed white mask. These masks are available for purchase from our online retail store today and already in production so that donations are not delayed.

During this unprecedented time of need, we ask that our close-knit community come together to contribute towards something positive.
In addition to supporting our #GamersMask4Masks Campaign by purchasing yours from our website, we are openly inviting our partners and creators in the esports and gaming industry to help us with this initiative. Our design team will provide you with a template to create your version of the mask for to promote and contribute to our mask donation program.

If you are a hospital, medical facility, front line worker or have a lead that is in need of mask donations, please contact us at: [email protected]

If you are a government official or medical professional that would like to help us improve the efficacy or provide feedback, please contact us at [email protected]

If you are a partner, creator, or brand that is interested in getting involved in this initiative, please contact [email protected]

Last edited by ADTP28 : 03-30-2020 at 04:22 AM.
ADTP28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2020, 05:57 AM #2
browncod

browncod owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It may be. I have seen so many career mom's post about making hand made masks and selling them. However, since it is so virulent, articles like this are all about particle abatement. That is due to the COVID virus being able to survive so long on surfaces. At least HK's is professionally made.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...U-2n9tP2WSUFMI
browncod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:59 AM #3
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
It’s practically the same as the Anthrax one but you give props to Anthrax and not HK Army?

Lol...

The Anthrax one made the News so I’m not sure why the HK Army one shouldn’t.

Like dude above said: Masks with this Virus are more about stopping you from spreading it. You need sub-Micron filtration to filter out the Virus and that really isn’t possible without a full head covering like a Gas-Mask.

I’m not really sure if they have anything that can filter out the Virus...

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 03-30-2020 at 06:04 AM.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:12 AM #4
EKKsoldier622
561-772

has been a member for 10 years
EKKsoldier622 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Like dude above said: Masks with this Virus are more about stopping you from spreading it. You need sub-Micron filtration to filter out the Virus and that really isn’t possible without a full head covering like a Gas-Mask.

Personal N95 and N100 masks have a high filtration rate based on micron size of .1-.3, but like you said it’s not a guarantee.

And this trash being peddled does nothing for anybody. Good thing their PR department marked it as a ‘dust mask’

Last edited by EKKsoldier622 : 03-30-2020 at 06:15 AM.
EKKsoldier622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:47 AM #5
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 supports Ninja Paintball
100% money grab by HK. pretty disgusting IMO.

Edit. They are donating some mask for everyone sold.

Last edited by aclark364 : 04-03-2020 at 07:23 PM.
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:29 AM #6
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
To be fair, they are donating one of these for everyone 1 or 2 sold I believe. While not the coolest thing to do here, you also need to understand these companies need to do what they can to survive the pandemic. I would rather see companies get creative and find ways to stay viable instead of sitting and doing nothing and hoping for the best.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:26 AM #7
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclark364 View Post
100% money grab by HK. pretty disgusting IMO.
Again, basically the same thing as the Anthrax version a few threads down...

N95 does filter .1-.3 Microns but Viruses can be smaller than that.

Plus good luck getting a mask.

Also, from what Iíve read on Reddit is that HK Army is working with the FDA to get them made with approved materials to be an actual filtered mask - not sure if Anthrax did that?

For every one HK Army sells they are donating two.

This is definitely a good thing...
Old 03-30-2020, 09:35 AM #8
RBBox
Don't Be A Gator Hater

RBBox owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
RBBox owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RBBox supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

Also, from what I’ve read on Reddit is that HK Army is working with the FDA to get them made with approved materials to be an actual filtered mask - not sure if Anthrax did that?
The ones Anthrax are making have a pocket to insert a filter.
www.fieldofdreamspaintball.com
Feedback
RBBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:44 AM #9
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

Quote:
Again, basically the same thing as the Anthrax version a few threads down...

N95 does filter .1-.3 Microns but Viruses can be smaller than that.

Plus good luck getting a mask.

Also, from what Iíve read on Reddit is that HK Army is working with the FDA to get them made with approved materials to be an actual filtered mask - not sure if Anthrax did that?

For every one HK Army sells they are donating two.

This is definitely a good thing...
Anthrax is a based out or Greece so they might not be distributed in the US

where did you see they are donating mask? ive only seen the ANS page
Old 03-30-2020, 10:14 AM #10
mulletman

mulletman owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
mulletman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Meta Threads, a gaming apparel company run by the same people that run HK has put up a bunch of stuff on their social media about how they are donating a mask for each one sold. HK hasn't put that on their social channels that I have seen, but I would assume it is the same deal. Meta also said they are working with hospitals and the gov to get the medical folks what is needed.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:51 AM #11
usdpb

plays in the NXL
usdpb supports Shocker RSX
usdpb supports Ninja Paintball
HK is donating 1 for each one they sell? thats cool

Anthrax is just making a bunch of these and donating them, and Sandana has pitched in with them as well.

The difference is HK is going to be making a profit or breaking even whereas Anthrax is just straight up donating their goods.
New England Exalted #81

Sponsored By
Boston Paintball
Committed Paintball
BKIT
GI Sportz
Virtue
usdpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:33 AM #12
laysomepaint

laysomepaint is a founding member
These masks actually do help. It's essentially equivalent to a surgical mask.

Coronaviruses travel in the air on water droplets. a piece of cloth in front of your face prevents some of those droplets from ever reaching your mouth/nose, and more importantly prevents some of your own droplets from reaching the people around you. It isn't perfect, but it's something. Even just wearing a scarf over your face/mouth, or an old t-shirt, would help.

More info:
https://medium.com/@Cancerwarrior/co...e-280e08ceee71
https://twitter.com/jeremyphoward/st...92999127920643 (he cites 35 scientific papers that show basic masks help reduce transmission, and notes that he couldn't find any that showed the opposite.)
laysomepaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:55 PM #13
aresfiend
Recovering gun whore

aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Also, from what I’ve read on Reddit is that HK Army is working with the FDA to get them made with approved materials to be an actual filtered mask - not sure if Anthrax did that?
I hadn't heard anything of HK working to get masks made of "approved materials" and if they were it would be ASTM or NOSH, not the FDA...

Anthrax also posted up a cloth dark green and dark grey facemask. Not a mask with a depiction of the virus that says "**** COVID-19". I'm also unaware of anywhere you can actually buy an Anthrax mask considering they made it very clear they're donating them to institutions and not individuals. In the same statement they also made it clear they're looking for help from people within the medical supplies industry to get products certified by the relative bodies and also produce a wider variety of medical supplies.

It's not the same between the two companies. HK is throwing a piece of spandex with a sort of bad boy feel good message onto a couple of loops to throw around your ears to sell on ANS. Anthrax isn't selling or donating their masks to any individuals, they're also actively pursuing certifications and looking for other sections of medical supply to buff.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:23 PM #14
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdpb View Post

Anthrax is just making a bunch of these and donating them, and Sandana has pitched in with them as well.

The difference is HK is going to be making a profit or breaking even whereas Anthrax is just straight up donating their goods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
I hadn't heard anything of HK working to get masks made of "approved materials" and if they were it would be ASTM or NOSH, not the FDA...

Anthrax also posted up a cloth dark green and dark grey facemask. Not a mask with a depiction of the virus that says "**** COVID-19". I'm also unaware of anywhere you can actually buy an Anthrax mask considering they made it very clear they're donating them to institutions and not individuals. In the same statement they also made it clear they're looking for help from people within the medical supplies industry to get products certified by the relative bodies and also produce a wider variety of medical supplies.

It's not the same between the two companies. HK is throwing a piece of spandex with a sort of bad boy feel good message onto a couple of loops to throw around your ears to sell on ANS. Anthrax isn't selling or donating their masks to any individuals, they're also actively pursuing certifications and looking for other sections of medical supply to buff.

So are we really going to start picking and choosing how companies should help and be allowed to help? Both of these companies should be applauded for doing anything at all. 99% of paintball did absolutely nothing to help in this current climate of the virus. Who is asinine enough to actually say HK donating double the amount of product they sell is not good? They are doing what they can with their means to help. What are you doing other than complaining? The message is simple, a clothing manufacturer is shutting down the majority of their production capacity in order to convert it over to making masks, which they will donate a large portion of. These masks are better than absolutely nothing, which is a reality most hospitals are already facing.

HK is a massive marketing positive company and they are using a marketed retail version of the mask to support the full production of a non-branded version for donation. 2 donated for every 1 sold to pay for the cost of manufacturing, assembly, shipping etc.

Direct quote from HK sister company Metathreads.

Quote:
Due to the significant hospital shortages of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Meta Threads will be converting a large portion of our manufacturing lines to mask production in an effort to service our community, state and employees.
For every mask purchased, all profits will be used to fund the production of two additional masks that will be donated to California hospitals, medical facilities and front line workers.
While we are enthusiastic to contribute towards protective measures against harmful exposure to the Coronavirus, we canít guarantee the masks efficacy as the level of protection provided by the mask is unknown. We are working closely with the FDA to receive certification for a schedule I mask (more to come).

The current mask we have been able to develop consists of the following specifications:
● 3Ply Polyester
● Elastic Ear Loops
● Washable/Reusable

The retail version is graphic printed on both the front and back panels of the mask, while the donation version is a non-printed white mask. These masks are available for purchase from our online retail store today and already in production so that donations are not delayed.
During this unprecedented time of need, we ask that our close-knit community come together to contribute towards something positive.
In addition to supporting our #GamersMask4Masks Campaign by purchasing yours from our website, we are openly inviting our partners and creators in the esports and gaming industry to help us with this initiative. Our design team will provide you with a template to create your version of the mask for to promote and contribute to our mask donation program.
If you are a hospital, medical facility, front line worker or have a lead that is in need of mask donations, please contact us at: [email protected]
If you are a government official or medical professional that would like to help us improve the efficacy or provide feedback, please contact us at [email protected]
If you are a partner, creator, or brand that is interested in getting involved in this initiative, please contact [email protected]
Old 03-30-2020, 01:29 PM #15
ADTP28

Quote:
It’s practically the same as the Anthrax one but you give props to Anthrax and not HK Army?

Lol...

The Anthrax one made the News so I’m not sure why the HK Army one shouldn’t.

I posted it because I didn't see Anthrax or Valken selling what they're making on ANSgear at $20 a piece.

I had heard that they were donating two for every one sold, but it doesn't even say that in the product description or on their social media accounts, just a comment section somewhere.

And why rush something to market that isn't even approved?
ADTP28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:30 PM #16
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
HK Army to create Mask and donate double the amount sold to help combat Covid19 Virus

HK Army appears to be switching over a large portion of their manufacturing capacity in order to produce protective dust masks to help donate to local Californian hospitals where many medical workers face the reality of running out of PPE for daily interaction with patients at risk of having the virus. They will be donating 2 masks for every 1 mask sold.

While it doesn't seem to be a N95 level mask, I would imagine something is better than nothing in this regard and it seems to be similar to the surgical masks that many health care workers are already wearing. HK Army sister company Metathreads made a post clarifying that while the retail versions will be branded to help them generate more revenue to build masks, the masks donated will contain no branding or imagery.

Awesome to see a Paintball company willing to risk income in order to try and help fight this virus that is starting to effect so many of us.

Quote:

While we are enthusiastic to contribute towards protective measures against harmful exposure to the Coronavirus, we canít guarantee the masks efficacy as the level of protection provided by the mask is unknown. We are working closely with the FDA to receive certification for a schedule I mask (more to come).

● 3Ply Polyester
● Elastic Ear Loops
● Washable/Reusable

Old 03-30-2020, 01:44 PM #17
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

im stealing your post for the other thread about it

edit: you beat me too id and my post didnt copy fully

Last edited by aclark364 : 03-30-2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:49 PM #18
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

copied from another thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post

Old 03-31-2020, 11:30 AM #19
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

How much are they charging for the masks?
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:49 PM #20
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdpb View Post

Anthrax likely will get a tax write off. Is it not the same thing?
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:01 PM #21
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Any company that is helping in any way during this exceptional time should be commended. I don't get the negativity of this community at times.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.