Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-31-2020, 03:27 PM #85
xXILOVEMYG7Xx

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYpaintballer80 View Post
Okay, great. I don't want to use it and I can sell my ticket. Will LL also be selling additional tickets and competing with me? Why would a consumer pay me the full price for my ticket when they can just buy the ticket through LL?

Also, maybe they aren't getting refunded for some expenses, that doesn't make it acceptable to pass that loss on to your customers. I'm assuming they plan these events to make money, period. They don't do it out of the goodness of their heart, unfortunately. That's the risk of running a business. That's the risk LL signed up for. If you lose money you don't pass that loss on to your customer. The customer shouldn't share your business risk.

I buy an iPhone because I want the product. I don't buy an iPhone and expect to participate in Apple's business risks. If I wanted to do that, I'd buy Apple stock. Unfortunately, no consumers own any part of LL and have no right to be subject to the business risks of LL. They bought tickets, not parts of the business. It just doesn't make sense. When LL made money (presumably) over the last X number of years did they share that with customers? Then why share losses?
This man gets it
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2020, 04:50 PM #86
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXILOVEMYG7Xx View Post
If that's what helps you sleep at night without your meds, then yes.
Nothing helps the sleep. Except maybe being numb drunk.

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose. Sometimes it's how many pages you add to the rulebook."

WTB Landshark Edition BL Victory & ANGEL THE GAT PM me no rly... PM ME
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:15 PM #87
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYpaintballer80 View Post
Okay, great. I don't want to use it and I can sell my ticket. Will LL also be selling additional tickets and competing with me? Why would a consumer pay me the full price for my ticket when they can just buy the ticket through LL?
do a pre-pre registration.

Quote:
Also, maybe they aren't getting refunded for some expenses, that doesn't make it acceptable to pass that loss on to your customers. I'm assuming they plan these events to make money, period. They don't do it out of the goodness of their heart, unfortunately. That's the risk of running a business. That's the risk LL signed up for. If you lose money you don't pass that loss on to your customer. The customer shouldn't share your business risk.
you do if you want to stay in business. If we carry this idea that x is worth $x, then why do
people sell off their paint on tournament Sundays, or Saturday afternoons? They bought into
a commodity that is no longer useful, and are looking to recoup losses.

I don't defend LL directly, (I mean I could, but we better start talking numbers) but their
policy is not far off. It's not ideal. But the other options is no option. If there was no offering,
again I'd say you all have a vendetta to be filled. But this is the best of a crap situation.
It's a world wide pandemic. Everyone is out money. Everything is shut down. And to the
peeps that argue "that's just the cost of doing business" oh how a mirror is the best truth.

as to the apple analogy,
Your point is valid except all for the apple part. Pick some other.company and I see your point.
Because apple ideally owns your device before you buy, as you"own" and after you toss it.

If you ever have time to kill, look up "right to repair' if you ever want to go spelunking down rabbit holes.

For any that really feel you're in a bind, and you save every penny by skimming the little bit of fat from the top
and saving it and this is the one hope you have to play and you're already rationing the ramen,it never hurts to
contact someone. I also welcome you to the proletariat support group where we will behead and eat the rich in days to come.

But if the consensus is (and I'm referring to other posters not you, my quoted homie) a cacphony of vociferous ****,
belly aching, posturing, and whining. If I were the customer sales rep I'd set my out of office reply to how much I deeply
care and am very sorry for the following time and ignore it for eons to come.

again, if it's just you're out of cash because the world shut down and you're fine otherwise,
I have a nice beach I can walk you to on lake Erie and tons of sand you can go pound.
(Mind the syringes, it has only been 50 years since the last bon fire)

Last edited by jonotwist : 03-31-2020 at 06:22 PM.
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:03 AM #88
Rover Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadOne View Post
No one is arguing against canceling that was the right call.

Not offering refunds when obviously millions of people are laid off is just a ****ty move.
This.
We definitely want there to be future events, but not not offering refunds on a canceled event during an economic crisis is a poor solution. Made worse by the suggestion that people should sell their tickets to someone else? Wtf?

Glad I didnít give them any $.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:14 AM #89
Rover Lead

And not refunding paint and camping fees is just illegal. I had wanted to get to LL (was looking at next year) and I think I’ll do another out of state event instead.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:55 AM #90
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

They arent refunding paint or camping fees? What scumbags. You all should get together and sue.
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:19 AM #91
PBSales

The guy is advertising pre registration to his next event! Talk about shameless!

I would put my junk in a blender before pre registering for any of this guys events.
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:50 AM #92
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

sokopath owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath supports DLX Technology
sokopath supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
The guy is advertising pre registration to his next event! Talk about shameless!

I would put my junk in a blender before pre registering for any of this guys events.
the pb community won't forget
Old 04-19-2020, 11:57 PM #93
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post

Iím sure thatís a direct result of this thread.

People wanted their money back so now L.L. needs a new source of income.

No one had problems with preregistration before this dumb Virus...
Old 04-20-2020, 11:04 AM #94
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
A lot of entertainment experiences, you preregister and prepay for the event. Concerts, sporting events, cruises, things like that. You'd be very hard pressed to find any of those that feature a money back option in the event of a global pandemic. Are some opting for doing refunds anyway? Probably, but I know from my wife's work that a majority aren't, and then people are checking into their travel insurance to try to recoup those costs. That's not "internet lawyering", that's the real world situation. These are anything but normal times.

Everyone likes to break out the torches and pitchforks when something goes sideways. The CPX team, in my contacts with them, work pretty hard to make sure players have a great event. I'd think if there was a way to offer a straight-up refund, they'd be doing it. Nobody wants bad publicity, and nobody wants to drive away future customers. Are some people going to steer clear of future CPX events because of this? I'm sure they will, and that's a shame. A lot of businesses are going to be fortunate to get through all this, so for myself, I'll be happy if we are all around to be able to get together and shoot paintballs at each other once this crap's all done.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:46 PM #95
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I bought a season pass for a music venue locally to me it cost $200. I have no idea if i'm being reimbursed for it or not. It's been complete radio silence.
CPX should at least reimburse camping fees, and perhaps paint fees. I can totally understand if they won't give back the event fee.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:51 PM #96
Rover Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
I bought a season pass for a music venue locally to me it cost $200. I have no idea if i'm being reimbursed for it or not. It's been complete radio silence.
CPX should at least reimburse camping fees, and perhaps paint fees. I can totally understand if they won't give back the event fee.
Exactly.

1. Not refunding players but specifically not refunding paint and camping fees +
2. Advertising preregistration for another event already...

Come on. Really. If you honestly don’t see anything wrong with that and want to support a business owner like this, by all means do so. He won’t be getting my revenue.

It reminds me of the preorders that asswipe in Canada did and then posted pics of his vacations on MCB while completely screwing remaining customers who had “pre paid”.

And I agree, the paintball community will not forget.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:47 AM #97
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

^I like how you twist his words to fit your agenda...
Old 04-24-2020, 09:31 AM #98
honu
CPX EVENTS

honu is playing at Living Legends III
honu is playing at Living Legends V
honu is playing at Living Legends VI
honu is playing at Living Legends VII
honu is playing at Living Legends VIII
honu is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Hello all,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just thought it would be a good time to come on and clear up a few things with true facts of what is going on.

1) The camping fees are collected by the field. We have nothing to do with that and as I understand it everyone who had reserved a spot was comfortable moving it forward to 2021.

2) We jumped ahead of the other producers and made the call to postpone the event until 2021. While we used the word "Cancel" in my first post, we went back and changed the wording because it will still be LL13 so postponed was a more true word. We are aware that some think that is some big "got ya" moment and we understand nothing we say will change their minds. People have pointed out that it is almost a full calendar year away. This is true and it was the only option we saw on how not to make a bad situation worse for the players, field owners or other producers by dropping an event the size of LL on top or right around the same time as one of their events. The only weekend that was 100% safe to not hurt anyone else would be to postpone for a year. Just like the Olympics did. They postponed until the same timeframe in 2021. They are also not doing refunds.

3)Entry, air and paint fee do not get separated in different accounts as it comes in. All money that comes in gets spent on the day to day operations of the business and for all kinds of non-refundable deposits that we need to put down to run events. Field rental, outside air vendor, food to sell at the event, graphic designs, printing game maps, special extra fees to rearrange the field to our needs, props, insurance, website fees, ref and staff travel and port-a-johns are just a small list of things that get prepaid for.
There is also no insurance coverage for us for this type of worldwide pandemic so there is no way for us to recoup these losses.

4) Because we have to prepay for all of that, players' money is not just sitting in a box until after the event. As it comes in it is used to run the event and business. That is why events have pre-registration.

5) The no refund policy has been in place since we started and not a single event goes by where someone pre-registers and then can't make the event. We have not refunded that money but have worked with those players to find a way to help them sell or use at another event. Up until this Covid -19 thing no player had ever had a problem with the refund policy that we were aware of.

6) We had the very best of intentions with postponing the event because we felt the state of IL would not allow us to hold the event. As of yesterday April 23, we were correct. We are roughly 3 weeks from the event and we would be on here today having to give you the same info with very little time for the players to deal with it which would open the players up to even more non-refundable money out there.

We understand that no one including us expected this COVID pandemic and it just sucks. There is no better word for it other than "sucks".
It sucks for the players. It sucks for the field owners. It sucks for the paintball companies. It sucks for us too.

We know some will never see our side of this and that is okay. Everyone has the right to be disappointed with where the whole world is right now. 95% of the players we have worked with on this have either been extremely understanding and treat it as they are just very early pre-regged for 2021 or we have talked about what we can do to make it easier to deal with it. Almost every player we have talked to about this some kind of solution was found that they were happy with.

We do appreciate that here on PbN there have been many voices debating the topic of refunds on both sides of the discussion with most on both sides having completely "no skin in the game" because they were never signed up in the first place. Paintball is a family, and family going to disagree. We respect those who are not uncomfortable with our policy and respect your views. We also very much respect the ones who with no other reason other than they understand what it takes to run a business that voiced the other side of the situation, not defending us, just putting out true facts that happen to be exactly right about where we are at with all of this.

Finally, we are taking pre-registration for our next event because the state it is located in South Carolina never had to shut down to the level of IL. We left all the pre-reg prices at their very lowest and just trying to give the players the option to get out of the house and be around their paintball family again. We invite anyone who can to join us as we are just trying to help everything get back to the new normal whatever that might be.

Sorry for the stupid long post. Please be safe and stay healthy and while we know this may not change anyone's mind we thought it at least made sense to clear up some of the details.

Honu

Last edited by honu : 04-24-2020 at 10:34 AM.
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:53 AM #99
Rover Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
^I like how you twist his words to fit your agenda...
Let me make this as simple as I can for the forum members who share your low iq....

If you canít see keeping paint and camping fees and selling preregistration for next year to compete with you as a dick move, you deserve to be swindled.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:56 AM #100
Rover Lead

I have a good friend who has owned a thriving paintball field for 20 years and has been in the position CPX is with having to offer refunds and he assures me not refunding camping and paint fees and offering preregistration is just as bad as it sounds.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.