John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Living Legends 13 update

Stay safe everyone out there.

Slightly revised update from Honu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by honu View Post
Living Legends 13 update

We have been working around the clock in partnership with the IL Health Department, the field and all the necessary vendors in planning the best way to move forward in these current trying times. With all the current information and the overall health of all who join us at Living Legends, we have decided to reschedule this year's event to May 13 -16 2021

We are choosing to reschedule the event for this year till the 2021 date for the good of the game. As many of you have seen with the games that have already rescheduled they are landing increasingly more and more on top of each other putting players, producers and fields in direct competition with each other instead of working with each other to share the limited weekends for events. We did not want to be part of the problem, but part of the solution.

For those who have already signed up, there are options available: (1) you will be able to use those registrations at next year's game which will still be LL13; (2) you can transfer your registration to any of our other events other than Hawaiian; or (3) you can sell your registration to someone who can use them (be sure to let me know if you go with this option so we can update the registration list). Because of the fact that this was out of your control as well as ours, we will have no time limit on when you use your registration. You can contact me at any time through PM and I'll transfer your registration to a different event, person or it will be waiting on you in 2021 for the next Living Legends event.

We hope by rescheduling this year's Living Legends to 2021 in some small way we help the players, the industry and the sport of paintball. Thank you one and all for the ongoing support of all the CPX Legends Events and hope to see everyone back for LL13 on May 13 - 16, 2021 at Legacy Adventure Park.

Stay safe, stay healthy and hang loose my friends, see you all soon.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2020, 10:01 AM #2
TheMadOne

is playing at Living Legends XI
TheMadOne owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
No refunds.....oof. Thats not a good look.
TheMadOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:04 AM #3
JOESPUD27
Merc

has been a member for 10 years
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
It was bound to happen

Last edited by JOESPUD27 : 03-27-2020 at 10:10 AM.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:34 AM #4
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadOne View Post
No refunds.....oof. Thats not a good look.
Not at all, but at least they're giving options.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:46 AM #5
TheMadOne

I mean the options are good but you can always do chargebacks thru your bank.

I’m just worried this is going to end LL and all the the preregs are just going to be **** out of luck.

Or you sell off your ticket to someone and they chargeback you when it goes under.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:51 AM #6
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

No refunds. That's really saying something. Glad I didn't register.
Tim Foolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:01 AM #7
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
We were 6 weeks out from the event. Anyone think there hasn't been investments made that had to be paid for by CPX Events leading up to this? It's not like we have a couple thousand people show up at the field and "oh, hey, there's an event here". It doesn't miracle itself into place. I don't have an insight into the CPX books, but I have to imagine there's a few things going on. First, the CPX team is, I'm sure, devastated to have to pull this event. It's the flagship event, the one that started it all. It's Year 2 at the new venue, so it's critical that it be done right. Having to cancel is going to fiscally hurt CPX, but not cripple or eliminate them. They've got enough events going on and coming up that they'll be fine coming back from this global pandemic... not everyone in any line of business will. If you can't float the funds you've put down, sell the ticket and paint tags - there's no lack of people who look for tickets leading up to other events, and CPX has been pretty accommodating about helping people move tickets around. If you're not in need of that money, think of it as pre-paying for Living Legends 13 in 2021, that you won't need to be saving up this year for next year's event. If you were going, trust me, most people come back the next year as well. And the next, and the next.

Most importantly, they do have to consider the health and well being of a couple thousand people who play, staff, and vend at the event. On top of that, we don't know if Illinois will still have their stay at home order in effect come mid-May. It's currently in place until April 7, but things have been adjusting day by day.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:20 AM #8
NYpaintballer80

NYpaintballer80 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
NYpaintballer80 supports Ninja Paintball
I think this is pretty simple:

If you pay for the event and the event is canceled, the business should offer to refund the money. Period. Deciding to not refund customers but instead inform them of their option to sell their ticket is a slap in the face.

LL should buy the tickets back, then resell them. Why make your customers go through that trouble?
Old 03-27-2020, 11:37 AM #9
Bder1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYpaintballer80 View Post
I think this is pretty simple:

If you pay for the event and the event is canceled, the business should offer to refund the money. Period. Deciding to not refund customers but instead inform them of their option to sell their ticket is a slap in the face.

LL should buy the tickets back, then resell them. Why make your customers go through that trouble?
What did the terms and conditions of purchase state? I hear your side and I rarely go to events like these so I have no skin in the game either way, but if they said up front no refunds, I don't see the issue.
Bder1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:53 AM #10
NYpaintballer80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bder1991 View Post
What did the terms and conditions of purchase state? I hear your side and I rarely go to events like these so I have no skin in the game either way, but if they said up front no refunds, I don't see the issue.
No clue, I personally didn't buy a ticket either. I just feel bad for those who did and enjoy being a keyboard warrior
Old 03-27-2020, 12:15 PM #11
maninblack2k

Annual Supporting Member
maninblack2k owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
maninblack2k supports our troops
maninblack2k supports DLX Technology
The economics of business are now different then they were 1 month ago in the US. Personally if I loose or am deferred $300 worth of tickets and paint tags for another event of equal value at another time that's extremely fair knowing that the business that you are a patron of will still exist 6-12 months from now. There are a lot of businesses that will struggle for the remainder of the year that will not come back even with government assistance. Now is the time for us to all be thankful and deal with the fallout in an appropriate manner.
Old Luxes - DLX Luxe #973, #2244, #847, #2067, #5806, #xxx, OLED11082, Luxe ICE #15077
New Luxe: Luxe X X-0233
Stockholm Joy Fan Club fan #500
maninblack2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:23 PM #12
kapa o pango24
Cure FA

kapa o pango24 helped look for balloons
kapa o pango24 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
kapa o pango24 is an NCPA player
They aren't alone. A field in northern Virginia isn't issuing refunds for a cancelled big game. Rather, they will credit preregistration toward the next big game.

Understand people's frustration. These are extraordinary times. If you can't redeem your registration in another form, maybe consider it a small way of helping a field survive through the year.

-----------------------
HDE Gtek, Axe Pro, PM6
Spyder Rodeo, MILSIG M5

ISO Gold Darq Marq
kapa o pango24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:50 PM #13
allout2
unsung zero

allout2 is playing at Living Legends VII
allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Not offering refunds is pretty ****ed. Just dispute the charges on your cards and get the money back.
allout2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:54 PM #14
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Yeah

Screw the fields over and maybe lose them forever?!

What?

They have all offered to change dates, and it’s not like you need the money if you already spent it anyways. It would be one thing if they said “tough luck”.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:25 PM #15
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
John owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Deep breath everyone. Don't post here to get mad for someone else or to gloat. If you didn't pay for the event already then go post somewhere else.

I don't think there is anyone that pre-registered that doesn't want Living Legends to make it to 2021. But at the same time, if the money is an absolute dealbreaker in this difficult time, talk to them. We all want paintball to not just survive but thrive.

Whether people realize it or not, more than ever we are in this together. We're staying home not just to protect ourselves but each other. Don't be part of the problem or try to create a problem. Surviving this virus will be a marathon, not a sprint. Take it easy on each other as much as possible. There might be some hard times ahead and you don't know what someone else has already sacrificed.

My heart goes out to Honu and the CPX team. I know you've already put a lot of work into LL13 and part of the reason you do this job is to watch people enjoy your events. I can't imagine how hard it was to cancel and not reschedule. Take care and be safe.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:38 PM #16
chylly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Yeah

Screw the fields over and maybe lose them forever?!

What?

They have all offered to change dates, and it’s not like you need the money if you already spent it anyways. It would be one thing if they said “tough luck”.
Pretty idiotic statement to make considering the prepurchase was done well before any of what's going on occured. Since then people have been laid off etc. Did you even think about what you were going to type before typing your ******* comment?
chylly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:47 PM #17
TheMadOne

No one is arguing against canceling that was the right call.

Not offering refunds when obviously millions of people are laid off is just a ****ty move.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:53 PM #18
honu
CPX EVENTS

honu is playing at Living Legends III
honu is playing at Living Legends V
honu is playing at Living Legends VI
honu is playing at Living Legends VII
honu is playing at Living Legends VIII
honu is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
I want to thank everyone for their feedback both positive and negative.

Just like purchasing a ticket for any other type of sporting event, unfortunately, we do not give out refunds for any reason. You are more than welcome to "sell" your registration to someone else and we can transfer it to the new person. As part of you registering for the game, you had to click a box that said you read and understood that policy.

The government by declaring a National Emergency has forced us to reschedule the event. We rescheduled it for the same weekend in 2021 as it is the only date we could use without hurting another game, producer or field.
Your registration never expires so you can use it anytime you like at a future event other than Hawaiian Legend.

We hope you understand and that everything works out for you. Please stay safe and healthy.
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:59 PM #19
l_1johns

l_1johns is playing at Living Legends IX
l_1johns is playing at Living Legends X
l_1johns supports Ninja Paintball
Problem is I have pre registered myself and 2 sons. No other event is within reasonable distance from me. The rescheduled date for next year falls on my oldest son's graduation. This would have been my 8th legends so I am well aware of the no refund policy. Selling the tickets seems like a great idea but the question is who would purchase them at this time at full price. I normally would have no problem with bumping it to next year but at this time with everything going on, I am not sure that I could make it then.
l_1johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:56 PM #20
honu
CPX EVENTS

honu is playing at Living Legends III
honu is playing at Living Legends V
honu is playing at Living Legends VI
honu is playing at Living Legends VII
honu is playing at Living Legends VIII
honu is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_1johns View Post
Problem is I have pre registered myself and 2 sons. No other event is within reasonable distance from me. The rescheduled date for next year falls on my oldest son's graduation. This would have been my 8th legends so I am well aware of the no refund policy. Selling the tickets seems like a great idea but the question is who would purchase them at this time at full price. I normally would have no problem with bumping it to next year but at this time with everything going on, I am not sure that I could make it then.
There is no time limit on use. You do not have to use the registration or lose them next year. They are yours and valid until you can use them. YOu will receive full value whenever the time comes that you can join us again or if you want to sell them at any time, even years down the road they will still be for full value.
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:59 PM #21
NYpaintballer80

Quote:
Originally Posted by honu View Post
I want to thank everyone for their feedback both positive and negative.

Just like purchasing a ticket for any other type of sporting event, unfortunately, we do not give out refunds for any reason. You are more than welcome to "sell" your registration to someone else and we can transfer it to the new person. As part of you registering for the game, you had to click a box that said you read and understood that policy.

The government by declaring a National Emergency has forced us to reschedule the event. We rescheduled it for the same weekend in 2021 as it is the only date we could use without hurting another game, producer or field.
Your registration never expires so you can use it anytime you like at a future event other than Hawaiian Legend.

We hope you understand and that everything works out for you. Please stay safe and healthy.
yikes

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.