ReplyNews Ups

Old 05-07-2019, 11:20 AM #85
James Graley

James Graley is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
James Graley works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
One of the Saberwolves guys is selling his standard team CVO. I'm wondering if that's a sign he's getting a new one soon.

Or maybe he just prefers Cockers idk old people are weird about that.
True detective
James Graley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2019, 12:36 PM #86
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Graley View Post
You may be in the wrong thread because that is precisely what we are NOT doing, i.e., releasing a custom milled version of a gun. That's not what we do, never have and never will. If that's what you're after I strongly recommend the HK ones they look good and probably shoot excellent.
We've been over here redesigning bolt systems, air passage ways, internals, etc. And to be fair to all of the people working hard on this project it started April 2018 so its well over a year. Anyway this is just a tiny bit longer than the Impulse and Angels took (by about a month). Our past customers (and old real private label customers, i.e., cobra, etc.) understand this process. For new potential younger customers we apologize and are going as fast as we can, 1st batch going out to ano this week.
I think most of these kids and some of us old bastards forgot what a real custom gun is and what it takes. I'm sure whatever you guys come up with will be bad ***. Milling and anodizing a body isn't really what I'd call custom. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:09 AM #87
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I think most of these kids and some of us old bastards forgot what a real custom gun is and what it takes. I'm sure whatever you guys come up with will be bad ***. Milling and anodizing a body isn't really what I'd call custom. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Mostly because platform redesigns in the modern day don't have much room for improvement. We are on the back end of two decades of innovation. 20 years ago a custom marker was easy. Innovative new features were occurring so rapidly that many manufactures rushed markers to market and left tons of room for improvement on the design and functions of the marker. It is much harder now to design into a current platform because most of the time the guns are already so complete from the factory. Especially with a bolt system like the Shockers since it has been near mastered over the decade of Ion bolt mods and upgraded parts that they could learn from.

We went from innovative guys with some tool knowledge to full blown engineers assisting in the current designs.

These days anymore you have to somehow take something that rates a 98/100 and somehow make it a 110/100. 20 years ago you only had to take something that rated 60/100 and turn it into an 85/100.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:06 PM #88
KryptonicsPB
Be Kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawf View Post
well, 6 months later and still no gun. HK announces HK Luxe X at Vegas and 2 months later its in full production.

I would seriously hesitate doing business with a company who cant release a custom milled version of a gun thats been out for YEARS already, regardless of their past reputation.

This guy ^

Old 05-09-2019, 02:14 AM #89
lawf

Quote:
You may be in the wrong thread because that is precisely what we are NOT doing, i.e., releasing a custom milled version of a gun. That's not what we do, never have and never will. If that's what you're after I strongly recommend the HK ones they look good and probably shoot excellent.
We've been over here redesigning bolt systems, air passage ways, internals, etc. And to be fair to all of the people working hard on this project it started April 2018 so its well over a year. Anyway this is just a tiny bit longer than the Impulse and Angels took (by about a month). Our past customers (and old real private label customers, i.e., cobra, etc.) understand this process. For new potential younger customers we apologize and are going as fast as we can, 1st batch going out to ano this week.
really? cause i went over the list of stuff and nothing jumped out as something that should be taking this long for an established gun already.

my favorite though is "Removed shocker O-rings and used highly upgraded material (same material as Luxe O-rings)"

that makes me giggle every time.
lawf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:17 AM #90
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Lol.

The Shockers already use Polyurethane Orings in most places - same as Luxe.

Maybe they changed a few more out.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:37 PM #91
lawf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Lol.

The Shockers already use Polyurethane Orings in most places - same as Luxe.

Maybe they changed a few more out.
their list of upgrades reminds me when you see someone post and old gun on ebay or craigslist that they have no real clue about, and are basing everything off 14 years ago when they first came out and they list all these standard upgrades trying to make their gun seem like its worth way more and they try charging $600 for a pm5.

"custom trigger job" "special spring for the trigger" "luxe style asa" "upgraded case" "custom wood grips"

its hilarious imo.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:51 PM #92
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawf View Post
their list of upgrades reminds me when you see someone post and old gun on ebay or craigslist that they have no real clue about, and are basing everything off 14 years ago when they first came out and they list all these standard upgrades trying to make their gun seem like its worth way more and they try charging $600 for a pm5.

"custom trigger job" "special spring for the trigger" "luxe style asa" "upgraded case" "custom wood grips"

its hilarious imo.
Can we convert this to RPG style stat point numbers?
+5 O-ring consitution
+10 Trigger dexterity
-1500 Wallet health
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:53 PM #93
James Graley

What I've learned after seeing people complain that our trigger setup is ruining mech and other saying its a stupid gimmick is that you can never please everyone. We changed 6 orings. No one asked for for any of them to be swapped, we just did it.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:22 AM #94
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
What I've learned after seeing people complain that our trigger setup is ruining mech and other saying its a stupid gimmick is that you can never please everyone. We changed 6 orings. No one asked for for any of them to be swapped, we just did it.
6 o-rings? Youíre a monster.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:00 PM #95
lawf

its not 2002 anymore, you can't BS people with a whole list of stuff that really doesn't matter/is standard on 99% of guns nowadays.

listing off trigger mods and a lower feedneck and new asa reminds me of PBN b/s/t ads of the early/mid 2000's where people would list a trigger job by a certain someone as an upgrade.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:18 PM #96
James Graley

Got it legacy and lawf. We understand weve let you down and arent ordering 4 posts ago.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:27 PM #97
KryptonicsPB
Be Kind

James I totally disagree with these guys, don’t change a thing. Keep doing what youre doing down to the smallest detail.

Let the haters hate.

Last edited by KryptonicsPB : 05-11-2019 at 05:30 PM.
KryptonicsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:54 PM #98
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
-Higher feedneck to put more balls in the stack so Spire users don't skip shots. No other A/M feednecks available for these markers.
-Mech Grip frame w/ timer built in, something EVERY 10-man team needs, but NO mechanical markers have.
-Luxe style ASA, as opposed to the mediocre CVO asa which is known to be problematic w/ Ninja ball valves. My teammate has lost two ASA knobs, as they literally have wiggled free and fallen out. No adapter required, it literally bolts right to your frame.

All upgrades that you can not get anywhere else, that will immediately improve your experience with the marker. On top of that, you still get the custom anodizing and milling to satisfy your requirements for aesthetics ( because let's be real, if I'm paying out the *** for a gun, on a scale of Leo DiCaprio it needs to be walking down the main steps of Titanic Leo, not What's Eating Gilbert Grape Leo).

If you don't like it, **** you. Your opinion probably doesn't matter in paintball anyway.

Last edited by WillyW0nka : 05-11-2019 at 09:56 PM.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:10 PM #99
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Probably need to make the cycle independent of the trigger pull IMO if you want to ultimately compete at a ROF level. As fun/satisfying as the CVO is to shoot, less experienced users trying to shoot fast tend to break paint (slider cocker guys typically don't have an issue).
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:29 AM #100
bunkeru2k

So fanbois are going to love it and h8ers are going to hate, so lets step thru this.

1. Custom milled body in customary Adrenaline type design.

Zero performance enhancement. Cosmetic only (lets be honest...this is what many custom cockers gave you)

2. Polishing available on all models so the Uncommon models that come in standard shocker colors can be polished which isn't typical.

Same as above

3. Custom CVO Trigger Frame on Uncommon and Rare (our own frame) with different air routing and slightly extended trigger area in front (for those that want a trigger shoe option so you have more room). If you do want a trigger shoe we will talk later about that.

Some "performance" upgrades here. Going to make the trigger lighter and shorter.

4. Custom CVO Trigger Frame on Epic, Legendary and Mythic, same as above but with our timer built in (we've posted pics of that previously)

See above

5. Adrenaline CVO trigger spring

See above

6. Luxe Style ASA on CVO (not an adapter plate but it goes right to the bottom of our custom frame due to our air routing designed for it).

See above. (I prefer the knob style on/off because I am old)

7. Luxe Style ASA on XLS (not an adapter plate but it bolts right to the bottom of our XLS frame)

See above

8. Milled finger foregrip (think Luxe still) with finger indents (no rubber) on the part your forward hand holds

Zero performance here. Many prefer the rubber foregrips over bare aluminum.

9. Custom CVO Trigger (think Adrenaline snake tongue with lightning bolt)

Bleh. I am not a fan of this and it offers no performance. Aesthetics might please the fans though.

10. Custom XLS Trigger which is not standard shocker curve shape but more like a Luxe where the bottom curves forward not back (think Adrenaline snake tongue with lightning bolt here as well)

No one paying attention to this gives 3 orangutan farts about the electro trigger.

11. Custom Mid Rise Feedtube in addition to Low Rise option (mid rise 1 just about 1 ball taller which increases ROF potential and allows use of Spire III) some of you have seen the test videos of this and lost sleep at ROF examples.

This is a big feature. I want one for my CVO. James, make this happen as a separate piece. Pretty please?

12. Custom Eye Covers/bolt cap, etc. with a cool throwback here on the rear (basically if there's a piece to mill we milled it)

Aesthetics only. Fans of Adrenaline will love it

13. Removed shocker O-rings and used highly upgraded material (same material as Luxe O-rings)

Maybe an upgrade? People will still benefit from sending for hand fitting from Rick Jones, so is it worthwhile?

14. New innovative bolt release system (CVO and XLS)

Need to see this one. Weakest point of the Shocker system.

15. New CVO safety design in our frame, virtually impossible to engage safety while playing but still easy to engage when off the field.

As someone who has removed safeties from cockers for years, I could care less. In the Shocker system, I don't mind it, but would not think of it as an upgrade.

16. Instead of standard shocker case it comes in an all aluminum (made of surgical aluminum) case anodized in black with foam cut on both sides to hold both setups (if you have both frames) and to accommodate our midrise. This black aluminum is laser engraved (saving that part until later). Its's honestly the best PB gun case I've ever seen.

Might as well offer glossy pictures of Mother Theresa. Not a soul would be swayed by this feature.

17. ICE Coating (to our knowledge only 2nd gun on the planet to have this). ICE ICE BABY.

Upgrade for lazy people for sure. Clean your guns you friggin heathens.

18. **redacted as looks only mod and we aren't talking about some looks until actual release**

Not a performance mod unless looks can kill

19. Custom Adrenaline wood grips (not wood color) cut custom for us. Based upon the class these vary big time. At the higher end, they are designed for that class and that gun. Some even have the serial # in them.

See above

20. **more redacted here due to looks only on legendary and above**

See above.

Now that timer is going to be a really nice touch and I like that a whole lot. Other than that, you have the feedneck, the ICE coating, and a trigger that is possible to shoot faster IF YOU HAVE FASTER fingers. Lets be clear on that point....it will still only shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger. The video showed someone fanning the trigger. You can take any good cocker and fan the trigger at the same speed as the CVO they had. (I PRAY you set up and fan the trigger with your guns at ICC. Please have your entire team do this.)

All they did was make the trigger good enough (or better for some people) to do exactly what a well set up cocker can do. That is not a slight to Adrenaline...and I think there are some people who will be able to shoot it faster than they can shoot the best cocker.

The price will be worth it to people who are Adrenaline fans. To the rest it is going to be a tougher sell.
bunkeru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:23 AM #101
James Graley

None of our mods on any of the guns in the past have been earthshattering (although one of our Impulse mods made a big improvement). We always try to make a unit that is a combination of a bunch of little things and usually enough of those little things add up to a noticeable improvement. This one is my favorite yet.

Last weekend at MSPA our friends from Wildfire lost an asa knob right before finals. I didnt have an extra to loan out and ive never lost a knob but was aware of people losing them. Also (for mostly elctro guys) the time to degas an XLS, fire the built-up shot and remove bolt and reverse the process has gone down a trillion percent with our asa and bolt system. NXL types will love it.
Ive never accidentally engaged the safety but have had teammates do it. Its pretty common, not everyone knows how to remove a safety (and if you do you are risking barrel bag with paint in it).
I personally maintain my bolt and grease the gun but many do not. In fact a ton do not. So they are one of the benefits of ice coating.
Ive also never blown an oring but ive seen it at russells booth.
We basically identify any potential weak spots and address them, then try and get creative with new stuff after that.
Sales are great so far without pics and if we've sold 1500 guns in the past just need 1 in 4 of those guys to buy a new one. With anticipated sellout I dont have to post here at all but I suppose you work on something for a year you get defensive. I am doing a better job of not responding at all. We are all calling it "troll practice" for the actual photo release when they really come out of the caves.
FYI many may not care about electro but so far we've only sold 3 cvos. All the rest (about 100 total) are combo electro and cvo. With both low rise and midrise.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:33 AM #102
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Got it legacy and lawf. We understand weve let you down and arent ordering 4 posts ago.
I think youíre confusing me being a smart *** with being a hater. I canít wait to see what you guys come up with. I still get a semi when I see one of your Angel LCDs. Iím probably not going to buy one because Iím a cocker guy and nothing Iíve ever shot has changed that. I love that you guys are back along with all the other custom shops coming back catering to us old guys who want a bad *** gun but donít want to play xball anymore.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:52 AM #103
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
The price doesn't really concern me much to be honest for what I'd be getting. My only hesitations are buying a marker sight unseen and on a more personal level, I've already got an XLS and a CVO that I bought new. Had I not already owned them, I'd pay the asking price here in a heartbeat IF I saw what I was buying. Freeflow gave us renderings before taking orders for the Caliber, so I'm not sure why Adrenaline isn't doing the same.

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:04 AM #104
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
The price doesn't really concern me much to be honest for what I'd be getting. My only hesitations are buying a marker sight unseen and on a more personal level, I've already got an XLS and a CVO that I bought new. Had I not already owned them, I'd pay the asking price here in a heartbeat IF I saw what I was buying. Freeflow gave us renderings before taking orders for the Caliber, so I'm not sure why Adrenaline isn't doing the same.
This is what is concerning/confusing to me.

To simply have the logic "We never released early photos or images before" is nonsensical. You can't compare something you did or didn't do 20 years ago in an age before internet popularity to what you do now. It makes no sense, it essentially looks at the end user as a moron. People understand teasers and renderings are not final products. By the way, modern day CAD file rendering can make a nearly indistinguishable image of a product compared to a real photo, so that argument is kind of moot on their side.

Im still worried at this point how much they have ready, considering all we have seen is 3d printed parts in video or a phrase essentially saying "everything inside the gun you can see is our parts, but we used a stock frame and body, the only parts you can see"

Seems like it would just be easier to have waited to announce this until they had more ready, or release some form of teaser.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:04 AM #105
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
This is what is concerning/confusing to me.

To simply have the logic "We never released early photos or images before" is nonsensical. You can't compare something you did or didn't do 20 years ago in an age before internet popularity to what you do now. It makes no sense, it essentially looks at the end user as a moron. People understand teasers and renderings are not final products. By the way, modern day CAD file rendering can make a nearly indistinguishable image of a product compared to a real photo, so that argument is kind of moot on their side.

Im still worried at this point how much they have ready, considering all we have seen is 3d printed parts in video or a phrase essentially saying "everything inside the gun you can see is our parts, but we used a stock frame and body, the only parts you can see"

Seems like it would just be easier to have waited to announce this until they had more ready, or release some form of teaser.
In my opinion its nonsensical that you can tell someone how to run their business. "yeah well, im only suggesting...".

If you don't like it don't buy it.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.