Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2020, 10:38 PM #43
Paul77
Can't find my old account
 
Paul77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
perfect reason people should only be allowed to talk politics inside their own homes.

dad told me long ago to never talk politics with strangers.

get back on topic.
__________________
Powered by Powerhouse Regulators, DLX, Pro-Shar, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2020, 07:10 AM #44
disasterplaya
Roll Tide!
 
disasterplaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: whats
 has been a member for 10 years
disasterplaya is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
disasterplaya owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
disasterplaya owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
disasterplaya plays in the APPA Pro division
2017-2018 flu season is estimated to have killed 60,000-80,000 in the US. Flu season is considered from November to April. So fairly similar and there were no shut downs. I get the shutdown initially for covid as it was a new strain, no vaccines, and is highly contagious. But at this point we need to get back to work. Make guidelines for the older populations, make masks mandatory in certain settings, change how we do business in situations were people are close together. As other have said people now that are sheltering in place are getting it and the death rate of people who do get it is relatively low. The hospital system was never over run, we didn’t run out of beds and ventilators. At this point the so called cure is going to start doing more harm then good.


Back on topic. They have not released dates or venues yet as I’m sure Tom is trying to figure out where these events can be held.
__________________
Planet Eclipse
HK Army
Matt's Outback Coventry Ct.
Rise Paintball
Aztek Photos
Trade My Gun
Virtue
disasterplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:18 AM #45
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancaster PA
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I would be surprised if the East Coast event is not at OXCC. There is just not many other fields that can park 1000+ cars, put up 6-8 airball fields, and still have room for a big trade show and facilities. Not to count they have a brand new turf field that is separated from the rest of the fields that would be amazing for the pro center stage.
__________________
where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:49 AM #46
NTran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NH
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
NTran plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I would be surprised if the East Coast event is not at OXCC. There is just not many other fields that can park 1000+ cars, put up 6-8 airball fields, and still have room for a big trade show and facilities. Not to count they have a brand new turf field that is separated from the rest of the fields that would be amazing for the pro center stage.
If the intention for this is to be a "regional" event then maybe they only need 2-3 fields and no trade show at all.
__________________
Noel Tran
Section 8, Baguette Boyz
New England Wreckage - NXL D2 XBall
Fox 4 Darkside - ICPL Pro 10 Man, NXL 3man Am

RIP Upton187 cRew
NTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:02 AM #47
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancaster PA
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTran View Post
If the intention for this is to be a "regional" event then maybe they only need 2-3 fields and no trade show at all.
Honestly, the NXL should be smart about it and allow an open trade show for approved paintball companies at the regional event level to help build some additional consumer trust in up and coming brands and give them a chance to showcase the products of the region.
__________________
where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:31 AM #48
disasterplaya
Roll Tide!
 
disasterplaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: whats
 has been a member for 10 years
disasterplaya is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
disasterplaya owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
disasterplaya owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
disasterplaya plays in the APPA Pro division
I think they idea for the regional event is 2 fold. One would be the set up and shut down of a normal event would not be there because they would have it at an established field. My thoughts would be OXCC, TopGun, Boston Paintball, LVL Up. Any one of those fields would be able to hold an event with about 60-100 teams which is what they are thinking they will get. Second is the travel. 95 percent of the teams that went to the events would be able to drive to the events. That would alleviate the need for air travel so people feel more comfortable and it would keep the cost down for teams. I believe all four fields I mentioned have either held a notional event at one point (Top Gun and OXCC) or very large regional events such as NEPL/ NEXL. The last component would be the state that it is played in would have to allow it.
__________________
Planet Eclipse
HK Army
Matt's Outback Coventry Ct.
Rise Paintball
Aztek Photos
Trade My Gun
Virtue
disasterplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:44 PM #49
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew
 
Fox4paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upton, MA
Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by disasterplaya View Post
The last component would be the state that it is played in would have to allow it.
I think that statement rules out Boston Paintball - we're slow to adjust and open up.
__________________
Dave Painter
"Are you ready to play?"
Fox 4 Paintball
Home of Eddie Painter, Baltimore 187 cRew
FOX 4 DARKSIDE - ICPL PRO 10-MAN
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:54 PM #50
ndcody
 
 
ndcody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Take a guess.
ndcody is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by disasterplaya View Post
2017-2018 flu season is estimated to have killed 60,000-80,000 in the US. Flu season is considered from November to April. So fairly similar and there were no shut downs. I get the shutdown initially for covid as it was a new strain, no vaccines, and is highly contagious. But at this point we need to get back to work. Make guidelines for the older populations, make masks mandatory in certain settings, change how we do business in situations were people are close together. As other have said people now that are sheltering in place are getting it and the death rate of people who do get it is relatively low. The hospital system was never over run, we didnít run out of beds and ventilators. At this point the so called cure is going to start doing more harm then good.
That is my understanding of the situation too. As for my mismanaged comments my employment is overseen my many different three letter agencies and dealing with the conflicting and often delayed information and guidance has been a nightmare. Trying to take the information from the FAA/DOD/TSA/DOT/CDC/DHS then apply to our operations has been challenging to say the least, I feel as though if they had better management/leadership to operate in lock step with one another it would make it a lot easier. But anyway...

If this format is cheaper for teams to play and participate in do you guys see this structure sticking around post COVID and lock downs? I feel like a few of the regional series offer a really good product. Might make being ranked D2 or higher not a death sentence to local paintball either depending on who shows up.
__________________
Trusted Everywhere
ndcody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:01 PM #51
NTran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NH
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
NTran plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by disasterplaya View Post
I think they idea for the regional event is 2 fold. One would be the set up and shut down of a normal event would not be there because they would have it at an established field. My thoughts would be OXCC, TopGun, Boston Paintball, LVL Up. Any one of those fields would be able to hold an event with about 60-100 teams which is what they are thinking they will get. Second is the travel. 95 percent of the teams that went to the events would be able to drive to the events. That would alleviate the need for air travel so people feel more comfortable and it would keep the cost down for teams. I believe all four fields I mentioned have either held a notional event at one point (Top Gun and OXCC) or very large regional events such as NEPL/ NEXL. The last component would be the state that it is played in would have to allow it.
I assume they have places marked but for Massachusetts, they could run a single regional event and use two different fields like Fox 4 and Boston Paintball Maynard if they needed more fields. The two fields are about 40 min from one another and each field is about a 40min drive to the Airport as well.
__________________
Noel Tran
Section 8, Baguette Boyz
New England Wreckage - NXL D2 XBall
Fox 4 Darkside - ICPL Pro 10 Man, NXL 3man Am

RIP Upton187 cRew
NTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:54 PM #52
chevota
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
chevota owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
This is awesome to hear, sure missing watching paintball.
If i had to pick a winner for each division, i would go with

West - Impact

South - AC

East - Russians, But if they can't make it. Revo
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:31 PM #53
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher
 
Joshisanalligator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Livingston NJ
 plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
perfect reason people should only be allowed to talk politics inside their own homes.

dad told me long ago to never talk politics with strangers.

get back on topic.
I don't know you, but I think we'd get along well
__________________
Eternal corrector of Nick Slowiak's spelling and grammar
39. CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
40. EVEN WITH CRUISE CONTROL YOU STILL HAVE TO STEER.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:26 PM #54
Paul77
Can't find my old account
 
Paul77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post
I don't know you, but I think we'd get along well
Do you like beer? And playing paintball?

I guess it’s more paintball then beer and food.....
__________________
Powered by Powerhouse Regulators, DLX, Pro-Shar, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:39 PM #55
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher
 
Joshisanalligator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Livingston NJ
 plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
Do you like beer? And playing paintball?

I guess itís more paintball then beer and food.....
Had me at beer there bud
__________________
Eternal corrector of Nick Slowiak's spelling and grammar
39. CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
40. EVEN WITH CRUISE CONTROL YOU STILL HAVE TO STEER.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:10 PM #56
Paul77
Can't find my old account
 
Paul77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post
Had me at beer there bud
yup we could get along fine then.
__________________
Powered by Powerhouse Regulators, DLX, Pro-Shar, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:23 PM #57
WarpedGreg
Watch. Learn. Win.
 
WarpedGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
WarpedGreg is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
WarpedGreg posts videos on PbNation
WarpedGreg has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I love the regional plan. Maybe this will take hold more into 2021 as well but I personally believe only Pro and maybe SP should be flying all over the US for events. D2 and below should be regional to help with cost and have more teams entered.

Just my two cents
__________________
Ü
How To Play Paintball
Watch. Learn. Win.
MLKings

Florida Atlantic University Alumni
WarpedGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:11 PM #58
Paul77
Can't find my old account
 
Paul77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedGreg View Post
I love the regional plan. Maybe this will take hold more into 2021 as well but I personally believe only Pro and maybe SP should be flying all over the US for events. D2 and below should be regional to help with cost and have more teams entered.

Just my two cents
i agree with that, divisional teams dont have the resources for this. cup should be when all the divisional teams fight it out for the top dog spots. if there was 4 regions then cup, the teams within that region would play 4 times, with the pro and sp attending 1 of those 4 per region. then everyone shows up at cup.

so technically there would be 17 individual events.

maybe something like this......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg northamerciatopomap2.jpg (142.1 KB, 8 views)
__________________
Powered by Powerhouse Regulators, DLX, Pro-Shar, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me

Last edited by Paul77 : 05-20-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:27 AM #59
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back
 
Noa Bo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Washington
Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
I’m digging the regional plan idea as well. If they do decide to incorporate it into 2021 I’ll be happy that Sacramento will probably be the place for west coasters to go to ( within driving distance to me ). Although I would still like to see the Vegas open event stay intact. Maybe next year it could go something like this...

-Las Vegas
-Texas
-Chicago
-Florida WC
-And Regionals places somewhere in there

Overall I just hope that the rest of the season is salvaged as much as possible. Props to NXL for coming up with something.
__________________
Favorite Fields:
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball]
-KC Crusaders [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Outdoor Paintball Park [ Ninjaball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:55 PM #60
JohnSherman
 
 
JohnSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
It's been real interesting to learn that PbN's entire user base is made up of professional epidemiologists.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:43 PM #61
wdpballa4life
WDP for life
 
wdpballa4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: the feild
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
i agree with that, divisional teams dont have the resources for this. cup should be when all the divisional teams fight it out for the top dog spots. if there was 4 regions then cup, the teams within that region would play 4 times, with the pro and sp attending 1 of those 4 per region. then everyone shows up at cup.

so technically there would be 17 individual events.

maybe something like this......
really like this idea
__________________
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1785017 feedback
JOY WAS ROBBED

VETERAN MILITIA
wdpballa4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:54 PM #62
Paul77
Can't find my old account
 
Paul77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdpballa4life View Post
really like this idea
thanks man, took me a while to think this up, it lets divisional players spend way less time travelling.
__________________
Powered by Powerhouse Regulators, DLX, Pro-Shar, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:27 AM #63
tnarbutt28
 
 
tnarbutt28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York, NY
 plays in the NXL
tnarbutt28 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
tnarbutt28 supports DLX Technology
tnarbutt28 supports Shocker RSX
I understand why theyre doing it this season obviously, but id be pretty bummed if they changed next season to the regional system. We play at most of those fields anyway during the season. Having events in different places gives you the chance to travel to areas you typically wouldn't go to and play against/watch teams you see really only those handful of times a year. Im sure someone will say just go play one of the other regionals, but the big events with teams from all over has always been a positive point to me.
tnarbutt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump