PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2019, 10:53 PM #1
romanlynch

has been a member for 10 years
noid leak

I haven't been able to put a lot of time in this pimp I recently got. I thought one of the barbs was leaking since the little oring was torn but it turns out the noid is leaking from the relief hole (I assume that's that this is). Does this just mean the lpr is to high or could there be another issue?

Red circle is where the leak is

romanlynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2019, 07:36 AM #2
RedJin
between Wasteland and Sky

RedJin donated to help Peyton Trent
RedJin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
That is an older SMC noid. I do not believe they had pressure relief built in like Humphreys but I could be wrong. I'd take it apart and have a look at the spool to see if any of the orings/seals are bad. Worst case, it looks like you can still buy them from SMC for not a bad price. https://www.smcpneumatics.com/SYJ3120-SG-M3.html

Old feedback +5/-0
RedJin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:50 AM #3
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
It can bleed off if the LPR isn't right. We have had this before and I thought I had a blown solenoid. Lower the LPR pressure some to see if that fixes it. If it continues to leak it could be blown.
Clothes: Custom Carbon Zero More Coverage Mask | Carbon SC base layer | Jersey Clinics Jerseys | CK Hefe 2.5 Bandana Pants | Shulook Hiking Shoes
Field Gear: 37in. Husky Tool Box | PE Gun Bags | 10x10 Tent | Guru Gun Stands | USB Fans
Home Field: Hoppers, Savannah GA
Previous Gear
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:36 PM #4
romanlynch

Got some motivation to look at this again. It's actually leaking from between the 2 halves of the noid right below my red circle. I figured out that the lpr pressure was at 170-200 so I'm guessing that's why it was leaking there. I assumed the hpr was CCW to lower pressure when in fact it's opposite. I got the lpr turned out pretty far and 0'ed the hpr, aired up and increased hpr till the lpr was ~130ish and it doesn't leak from the noid anymore.

The marker isn't cocked though, I think I may have the rear hoses wrong. Can anyone confirm which of the 2 rear hoses go in the "A" and "B"?

Old 11-27-2019, 03:28 AM #5
Mr. Charlie

Looks like the Macroline is crossed...

Try switching them.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:56 AM #6
romanlynch

Okay.

What is the relationship between the hpr pressure and the lpr perssure? What I mean by that is, shouldn't the lpr stay the same pressure regardless of how I adjust the hpr or is this just coincidental that when I adjusted the hpr the lpr went up?
Old 11-27-2019, 07:22 PM #7
Mr. Charlie

It should stay the same...
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:27 AM #8
romanlynch

The seller said he got a brand new lpr (I received 2 of them with the marker) so I assume the one that is on it is brand new. What would cause the lpr to raise with the hpr? an oring or reg seat?