PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 PM #1
Winger CT
Mouthy Mimes X.O.

Easy bottom-line solution for ACP and maybe Overlord pistols

In case you always wanted to run your Ariakon ACP or ACP 2.0 pistol using a remote HPA or Co2 tank via a bottom line kit, I've just discovered that the bottom-line kit sold for the BT-17 pistol works great!

On sale now for $21.95:
http://empirepaintball.com/paintball...ottom-line-kit

The only additional bit needed is to add a 90 degree 1/8" elbow so that the braided hose will connect out the side of the 12gr chamber, and run back parallel to the barrel. No drilling required. One of the two screws that attach the ASA to the butt of the pistol is too short, but the holes line up so that's easily dealt with. If you rotate the hose right, it even still fits in the holster.

If you have one of these pistols that had to be retired because the 12gr puncture pin or its o-ring are bad, (and parts are unavailable), consider this as an option.

If I don't want to run a remote tank, I also can use a 12gr->ASA adapter to move the 12gr to the back of marker, which improved the balance noticeably. (These are around $15 on auction sites.) The braided hose also seems to have a mild expansion chamber effect on CO2.

If you have an Overlord RX, (the later one with holes in the 12gr chamber), it might be worth a shot, too. I haven't tried it, but it looks to me like the placement of the output of the dummy 12gr might line up with the 12gr chamber holes on that marker, too.

Hope this helps!

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

Visit us on Facebook
and Visit some of our terrific Sponsors!

Last edited by Winger CT : 09-29-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Winger CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2012, 10:47 PM #2
Winger CT
Mouthy Mimes X.O.

Thought I would add a couple of pics....

ACP 2.0 with bottom line to rear 12gram holder and combo taclite/laser:

Sniper version with rear 9oz Co2 tank and a rare Trinity Recon barrel:

Ariakon barrels use Spyder threads, and I snagged this cool barrel used a few years ago. teckpeebee spoke highly about them quite a while back, although they are no longer made. The end is an aluminum "rain cover" that unscrews to reveal the porting underneath. The ported gases are directed back under the "rain cover" toward the shooter, making it noticably quieter downrange. Its hardly a suppressor, but it seems to help a little bit and also adds a certain something.

Hopefully I can get out to field test the rig soon and report back.

btw: 9oz = 255 grams. So theoretically using the 9oz CO2 tank is equal to using about 21 12gr cartridges. The stock ACP 2.0 generally gets about 20-25 shots from one 12gr, so using the 9oz tank will conservatively give you ~400 shots per tank.

edit: I suspect that calculation is wrong by a lot. Something like 150-200 shots on 9oz CO2 is more likely. On a 13/3000 HPA tank, I got just about exactly 100 very consistent shots, plus another 20 needing manual recocking.

Visit us on Facebook

Last edited by Winger CT : 09-18-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:04 AM #3
ranman106

Sweet!!!

Can I get a better pic of this:

"The only additional bit needed is to add a 90 degree 1/8" elbow so that the braided hose will connect out the side of the 12gr chamber, and run back parallel to the barrel." ?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 PM #4
Winger CT
Mouthy Mimes X.O.

Hey ranman- Thanks for your "inspiration" on this project!

I just used an elbow ike this one, only the one in my junk drawer was silver and had a little more rounded edges:

Easy peasy.

Got to to shoot it a little today, and it rocks with the on-board 9oz CO2. The Recon barrel however was useless- screwballs everywhere. The stock shorty barrels shot nice tight groups.

Happy camper over here.

Visit us on Facebook

Last edited by Winger CT : 09-29-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 PM #5
ranman106

Awesome! Glad I could help. I would love to have an ACP one day.......