Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do you think there will there be a 2020 NXL Paintball World Cup?
yes 27 6.72%
yes, but limited in some way 110 27.36%
no 265 65.92%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyNews Ups

Old 07-23-2020, 08:18 AM #64
painter4life05
cixelsyd

has been a member for 10 years
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
painter4life05 supports Ninja Paintball
This has turned into a political barrel size contest.

PUMP OT B.Y.O.L.B.

OG Feedback 45+
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2020, 09:03 AM #65
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
Just like any other conversation about Covid everywhere else it was bound to happen eventually here too.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:58 AM #66
p8ntdufis
J-rad

p8ntdufis supports Shocker RSX
I really hope there is. if it does happen I will be there!

Splitting it up over two weekend is a great idea

NAUGHTY DOGS SILVER D1 NPPL 2010 SERIES CHAMPIONS
SHAMELESS FOR LIFE
p8ntdufis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:34 PM #67
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
Scientist Mr. PBSales
Not a scientist.... not copy and pasting someone else's work. Just saying I live in Florida I haven't missed a days work since this started. Seems kind of weird my state is a supposed cess pool yet I don't know of 1 single person with the koodies and nobody I have spoken with knows anyone with the koodies either.

I am sure CNN/Fox and all the other news organizations have it all figured out though. They never report stories that aren't true.

Sensationalism sure sells commercials

No politics either.... THEY ALL SUCK

Will WC happen.... Negative
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:15 PM #68
FreakinJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Not a scientist.... not copy and pasting someone else's work. Just saying I live in Florida I haven't missed a days work since this started. Seems kind of weird my state is a supposed cess pool yet I don't know of 1 single person with the koodies and nobody I have spoken with knows anyone with the koodies either.

I am sure CNN/Fox and all the other news organizations have it all figured out though. They never report stories that aren't true.

It's clear you're not a scientist in more ways than one - you're also demonstrating exactly what you hate in the news by spreading your bull**** "I can't see it so it must not exist" theory.

Reality or not, the point is that not many people are willing to buy a plane ticket to Florida right now. Tom's in a tough spot, he'll do anything he can to get some cash flowing just like we all would. Agreed it's not happening.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:28 PM #69
CFKILLA
CEN FLA KILLAS

CFKILLA plays in the PSP
CFKILLA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CFKILLA is an NCPA player
CFKILLA plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

Just saying I also live in Florida. I have family and friends that HAVE been affected. Just because you don't know anyone in your small circle that has it. Doesn't mean its not out there.

Sucks that the pb forums are now being dragged down by people spreading misinformation..
CFKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:55 PM #70
SmArTpArTs#5
New England

SmArTpArTs#5 is a founding member
SmArTpArTs#5 is BST Legit
 plays in the NXL
SmArTpArTs#5 owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Wishful but don't think it will

Boston Paintball
Virtue Paintball
SmArTpArTs#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:33 PM #71
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Will there be a world cup 2020? I hope not.
Should there be a world cup in 2020? At the moment of covid growth, absolutely not. My wife hasn't spent the last 4 months on the road working on sick covid patients just to have a slap in the face with something as menial as paintball for a means of spreading this ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFKILLA View Post
Just saying I also live in Florida. I have family and friends that HAVE been affected. Just because you don't know anyone in your small circle that has it. Doesn't mean its not out there.

Sucks that the pb forums are now being dragged down by people spreading misinformation..
"truthers" are sadly everywhere, being fed by their own self-involved circle that they refuse to see outside of. It's nothing but simple and grotesque selfishness.
They want to spew meaningless facts while the world burns around them, and as long as those facts match up with how they feel then everything is just peachy.

Last edited by martix_agent : 07-23-2020 at 06:37 PM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:09 AM #72
Guch
**FREE face painting**

longest reigning champions?

Will this make the Ironmen the longest reigning champions fo 2020?
Designer and Manufacturer of the Shadow Cocker
Guch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:23 PM #73
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends VIII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends IX
dak22 is playing at Living Legends X
Quote:
Florida has over 19 million people. Florida has around 5000 deaths. Stop watching the 'Always Wrong All The Time News' Things aren't as bad as they want you to think.
Florida is considered one of the 3 biggest hotspots currently for COVID. It just surpassed NY and is on track to surpass California as having the most cases in the US.

From manipulating data and opening early to not mandating proper safety measures, Florida not handling COVID properly is something reported by multiple unbiased sites.

No need to listen to the news when your state's governor is telling the whole world how poorly it's handling the crisis.

Last edited by dak22 : 07-24-2020 at 02:28 PM.
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:57 PM #74
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
The cancel culture is alive and well.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:11 PM #75
FreakinJB

"The cancel culture" isn't relevant to this discussion.

Interested if Tom has an update, the more I think about this I think the likelihood that entire pro squads are ok spending money to go play a watered down event in Florida is too low. We know the league's making most of its money on lower divisions, so if there's no money to be made, eating the deposit and hunkering down until 2021 may be the most cost conscious move. A couple people have eluded to it but I think it's reasonable to ask ourselves if there will be another NXL event ever.

Last edited by FreakinJB : 07-24-2020 at 03:27 PM.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:11 PM #76
zro.demise
"Back in the Day"

zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:

I live in Florida. IT'S BAD. You maybe lucky to be in your little bubble and it's safe. Where I am the numbers just keep going up. Where I work I am considered essential, this week someone just tested positive. It's not sensationalism. It's a very real threat.
zro.demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:35 PM #77
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
Florida is considered one of the 3 biggest hotspots currently for COVID. It just surpassed NY
Math ?

NYC + NY = 411140 making the state of NY #2

https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:50 PM #78
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post

Now - is Florida a hot spot? or just bad data points? Hopefully by early October we'll start to get a better read of the situation in Florida. We (General public) will have had a chance to see what happens at places like Disney World and Universal in Florida, helping us to form our decisions with additional data.
Florida is rated as one of the worst states at handling the COVID-19 crisis. No additional data is needed on what many predicted would happen months ago given Florida's response.

IMO if world cup has to happen in limited form, then trying to secure a place outside Florida should be the main priority right now.
I could be wrong, don’t take this seriously, but does that same source you’re using list New York as the #1 state that handled covid 19? Florida has the lowest death rates, and apparently, many of their testing labs are under investigation for having a 100% positive test rate.

This has been a real problem in this country. I hate to bring up politics but I do think that if the country wasn’t so divided, we’d have a real vision with accurate numbers, nor would their be people with mass hysteria over this virus. Just look at all the other countries around the world, their numbers don’t even compare to ours. I also don’t see other countries listing drownings, motorcycle accidents, suicides and homicides as covid deaths? How in the hell are you supposed to have an accurate picture when that’s happening?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/5222340002
Old 07-25-2020, 05:12 PM #79
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Florida has over 19 million people. Florida has around 5000 deaths. Stop watching the 'Always Wrong All The Time News' Things aren't as bad as they want you to think.
comparing the number of deaths to to the entire population is not a way to judge the fatality rate of a disease. You have to compare that 5000 deaths to the number that are sick with the disease. You wouldn't call smoking safe because there are 19 million people in FL but only 28,600 deaths from smoking would you?

Death isn't the only risk associated with covid. Many that recover have lasting injuries to lungs, heart, brain, etc. Being hospitalized could be costly for your health, wallet, job, etc.

Though most recover, it's not something to just ignore cause its case fatality rate is "low".
VETERAN MILITIA
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:16 PM #80
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I could be wrong, don’t take this seriously, but does that same source you’re using list New York as the #1 state that handled covid 19? Florida has the lowest death rates, and apparently, many of their testing labs are under investigation for having a 100% positive test rate.

This has been a real problem in this country. I hate to bring up politics but I do think that if the country wasn’t so divided, we’d have a real vision with accurate numbers, nor would their be people with mass hysteria over this virus. Just look at all the other countries around the world, their numbers don’t even compare to ours. I also don’t see other countries listing drownings, motorcycle accidents, suicides and homicides as covid deaths? How in the hell are you supposed to have an accurate picture when that’s happening?

You say "many of their testing labs" then your link says A (singular) lab in TX is being investigated.

Show me where drowning, motorcycle accidents and homicides are being counted as COVID deaths.
VETERAN MILITIA
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:39 PM #81
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
A local Fox Station in Florida is reporting dozens of testing centers are reporting 100% infected rates and got the director of one of those labs to admit the real number was around 9.4%.
The CEO of 41 hospitals in Florida has stated on meet the press, that they are not seeing the numbers of infections and hospitalizations being reported by the press for Florida.
The Daughter of a family friend died by drowning in her swimming pool three weeks ago. Her official death certificate states COVID as the reason of death. The family is looking at legal action to get it corrected.
The Local CBS affiliate had a story recently about a motorcycle accident victim was listed of having died from COVID, so it is happening.

I’m not sure why unless someone is getting paid for each positive test and COVID related death.

Getting back to the topic at hand ... Since I moved down here to ATL, I was planning on driving down to World Cup for some time. Well, that may be placed on hold until next year.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:46 PM #82
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post

You say "many of their testing labs" then your link says A (singular) lab in TX is being investigated.

Show me where drowning, motorcycle accidents and homicides are being counted as COVID deaths.
Must have clicked a Texas link without looking at it. But Oh I’m sorry let’s have the “truther” go over this again with you (FYI, I spent half of my late teens/early 20s trolling 9/11 truthers and sandy hoaxers on YouTube, I know the conspiracy industry is trash) .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cbs12.c...florida-report

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...outputType=amp

“ A look back at the daily coronavirus report shows that as far back as July 4 labs across the state have reported positive cases above 98%.”

Never was a conspiracy theorist in fact I’ve always despised that industry as my degree is in journalism. However after all the **** I’ve seen since 2016 after (I never voted, but now I will), I’m 100% certain this is being played out by the media way worse then it actually is.

Ages 0-18 in California. 40,000 infections. ZERO deaths.

Ages 19-36.

106 deaths, 156,000 infections. IFR is 0.0006 or 0.06. And this doesn’t even include the 10s of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of cases that have gone un reported. Flu IFR overall is 0.1%. Now, yes 50 and above you do have a very significant higher chance of dying from covid then influenza.

but just for ****s and giggles, tell me why children are being told to stay home from school this year. Why is there such an emergency for children to stay home and close schools? Here’s the cdc sources from the numbers. Why is there such a panic for mail in voting all of the sudden?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.njs...elections/amp/

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...Age-Group.aspx

Edit: don’t get me wrong my moms a head nurse and there is a legit severe pandemic going on, but as I’ve said before over and over and over again, the numbers are inflated between 25-35%. Which begs me to ask, why are the numbers so inflated right now??

Last edited by Trevor the great : 07-25-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:58 PM #83
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
8-10% positive seems to be the real number in the US every time I see it reported.

Europe has a positive test result somewhere between 0.5-1% positive as of a couple weeks ago.

We’re doing a bang up job of being number one here in the states.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:00 PM #84
Bargainz

Oof, will the NXL even be a thing next year after a year of no revenue?

Sounds like a waist of $ to even have an event with maybe 1/4 of normal attendance at its best.

Also, all you clowns arguing over nonsense on a paintball forum are hilarious. Your essay sized replies on PBnation are surely going to do a TON of positive impact in this world....

Last edited by Bargainz : 07-25-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Bargainz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.