PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 08:39 AM #5251
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
If Simon from Inception Designs drops by soon, do you guys have questions you would like to ask him?
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2021, 09:00 AM #5252
ironyusa

has been a member for 10 years
ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Driving system?
Pilot, triggering, etc. There's some novel stuff going on in the design that is pretty darn cool if I do say so myself.

METHOD Development

Last edited by ironyusa : 11-24-2021 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:31 PM #5253
Bstealth

I
R
O
N
Y
!!!

Is there an estimate on price yet?
Old 11-24-2021, 08:31 PM #5254
Bstealth

Noa:
“It seems like whatever I put in my hands doesn’t matter, I’m still going to get the results on the field that I want. Whatever electro I bring, or mech, in general it doesn’t matter too much. I’m still able to apply pressure with what I’m using and get eliminations with it- I’m not over complicating it anymore. If I miss the shots I need, that’s on me and my lack of refining my skill, or the paint is a factor. Still a little picky about barrels, but for other reasons.

This won’t deter the never ending discussions on equipment. When the weekends are over we still need that time during the week to shoot the breeze and talk about our sport. Luckily we have some real industry insiders contributing here to help peel back the layers and further reveal the ideas and discussions on hand. This thread provides immersion that is hard to find anywhere else, imo.”

I agree with you overall but we all have played with some markers that we just hit what we are aiming at much more right from the start.

I also agree with you about this thread. To me, this thread is the paintball social site where the adults hang out.

As far as the other guy finding a good marker for $500, what more needs to be said after what Jack has added? You pick up a used Etek/ Gtek, throw new ball detents in it & go play
Old 11-24-2021, 08:49 PM #5255
ironyusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstealth View Post
I
R
O
N
Y
!!!

Is there an estimate on price yet?
I don't set pricing so I really don't know. I just want to get you guys the best product that I can and feel like we're in a better place than I expected.

METHOD Development
Old 11-25-2021, 04:38 AM #5256
Mr. Charlie

Can’t wait to see how the new DSR+ mechanical Frame works!

I agree with Noa that the more I play the more I find it doesn’t really matter which Marker I use - I play the same with all of them. Perhaps it’s because I mainly shoot Single-Tube Spools? There just isn’t that much difference between the Markers while actually playing - I can see what Imped has been saying all along. The super smooth shooting Markers are great but don’t really matter much when playing. I’ll still prefer the most quiet and smooth shooting Markers because they do provide a slight advantage but I’m pretty sure I can put in work with any Marker.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Old 11-25-2021, 11:38 AM #5257
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstealth View Post
Noa:
“It seems like whatever I put in my hands doesn’t matter, I’m still going to get the results on the field that I want. Whatever electro I bring, or mech, in general it doesn’t matter too much. I’m still able to apply pressure with what I’m using and get eliminations with it- I’m not over complicating it anymore. If I miss the shots I need, that’s on me and my lack of refining my skill, or the paint is a factor. Still a little picky about barrels, but for other reasons.

This won’t deter the never ending discussions on equipment. When the weekends are over we still need that time during the week to shoot the breeze and talk about our sport. Luckily we have some real industry insiders contributing here to help peel back the layers and further reveal the ideas and discussions on hand. This thread provides immersion that is hard to find anywhere else, imo.”

I agree with you overall but we all have played with some markers that we just hit what we are aiming at much more right from the start.

I also agree with you about this thread. To me, this thread is the paintball social site where the adults hang out.

As far as the other guy finding a good marker for $500, what more needs to be said after what Jack has added? You pick up a used Etek/ Gtek, throw new ball detents in it & go play
I’m so used to playing on the same field... speedball at my home field. If you’re used to the dimensions, guessing where and how to aim, how much to tilt your barrel up, it all becomes easier and easier. Like muscle memory or something. If you play enough points on the speedball field, that extreme repetitiveness will help your aim/accuracy no matter what you use. With the Prime I stopped feeling like it gave me an advantage or felt more accurate for me. Took me a while to figure out why, and why all of the sudden all my other markers started feeling for the most part, the same.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:09 PM #5258
Bstealth

That makes a lot of sense & you guys play much more than I do. This is also my 1st season back of just speedball. With my field constantly changing the layout, me using a different marker most of the time, I haven’t been able to build that muscle memory or that field knowledge that I see other guys at the field have. That’s why I try to get to the field early so I can walk it with them to try to see what they see.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:07 PM #5259
Simon
INCEPTION

Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends IX
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
If Simon from Inception Designs drops by soon, do you guys have questions you would like to ask him?
It's been so long since I was on PBNation that I am glad my computer auto remembered the password. The PBNation experience without being logged in has become pretty horrific...
Old 11-25-2021, 01:22 PM #5260
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
It's been so long since I was on PBNation that I am glad my computer auto remembered the password. The PBNation experience without being logged in has become pretty horrific...
“Thankful” for technology remembering my password. Glad you made it here, Simon.

I have a few questions-

1) will you be making an all metal frame for the Emek?
2) anything in development for the m170r?
3) any news on the Autococker front? I’m jonesin for a project build- Ripper frame and FLE body. Or something built outright from ID.

Btw, love my new FLE Emek! Looks so clean and that purple is just right.

Edit: Secret Pin Update

Secret Pin from Inception Designs
I asked Simon to build and tune my Emek. I would definitely recommend anyone doing the same. The trigger pull feels incredibly responsive and light. Possibly better feeling then my CS2 mech and my other FLE Emek with hAIR valve. The timing just feels spot on. I posted a new glamour shot of the new shooter on Facebook. Yes I am bored at home during thanksgiving...

Last edited by Noa Bo : 11-25-2021 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:02 PM #5261
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
“Thankful” for technology remembering my password. Glad you made it here, Simon.

I have a few questions-

3) any news on the Autococker front? I’m jonesin for a project build- Ripper frame and FLE body. Or something built outright from ID.

I asked Simon to build and tune my Emek. I would definitely recommend anyone doing the same. The trigger pull feels incredibly responsive and light. Possibly better feeling then my CS2 mech and my other FLE Emek with hAIR valve. The timing just feels spot on. I posted a new glamour shot of the new shooter on Facebook. Yes I am bored at home during thanksgiving...
That thing is sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if it is quicker than the CS2 mech with that new pin/valve and trigger combo (especially if its setup by Simon).
Old 11-25-2021, 03:35 PM #5262
Mr. Charlie

A Gas-Thru AutoCocker would be sweet! The Nummech Frame is constantly out of stock.

Any plans to sell the Feedneck Thumbscrew separately?
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Old 11-25-2021, 05:21 PM #5263
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink supports Ninja Paintball
I know Field One has at least one prototype air-through cocker as Bob designed it and built it before he sold To them. Whether it will ever see production is another question.

It had Victory like air paths but the LPR was external with the rest of the standard cocker front. There was talk about making the cocking rod go through the body as well. It was neat to see.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Old 11-25-2021, 06:34 PM #5264
Mr. Charlie

That sounds pretty sweet B.P.P. are there any pictures?

The Nummech design was cool but I’ve never seen them available for purchase.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:18 PM #5265
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
That sounds pretty sweet B.P.P. are there any pictures?

The Nummech design was cool but I’ve never seen them available for purchase.
There are a few Nummech cockers out in the wild. I even saw one in person in SoCal at the last Decay of Nations. They are pretty neat but the macroline has never really bothered me much (especially on something like an autococker where you have hoses, pneumatics, and an LPR sticking out already).
Old 11-25-2021, 10:31 PM #5266
UglyDuckGizmo

UglyDuckGizmo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
The benefit of the Gtek over something like the Geo3 would be the spares availability and solenoid durability. That solenoid pilot will be with us for years and years, as will the Gamma Core parts, as they are a staple of the Emek, etc that are now been run by a LOT of fields, so we will be supporting that for a long time.
What would you say is the failure rate or those Geo solenoids, and how limited is the supply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
I know Field One has at least one prototype air-through cocker as Bob designed it and built it before he sold To them. Whether it will ever see production is another question.

It had Victory like air paths but the LPR was external with the rest of the standard cocker front. There was talk about making the cocking rod go through the body as well. It was neat to see.
Kinda reminds me of the powerlyte hybrid
Old 11-26-2021, 08:46 AM #5267
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Dream Marker

I’m sure every dude here does it, they dream about making their own paintball marker. If you guys don’t mind sharing all the intimate details, please, share with us what we are missing. Understandable if some things still need to stay secret, I bet a lot of money that some of you have some really great ideas. Pics of drawings is bonus.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:21 AM #5268
Mr. Charlie

DSR+ Bolt System with the Recoil Cancellation from the M3 series, DSR+ SFR and ergonomics, shorter low-rise Feedneck, Transducer, sub-100 psi Operating Pressure, SLAP or POPS style ASA, and UL-S Barrel. Wish I had CAD and I would be making drawings…
Old 11-26-2021, 12:43 PM #5269
ironyusa

I used to think sub-100psi was a cool target, but now I think there's a higher number that has some real performance advantages - I'd expect the operating pressure to go up slightly on our future guns, but I don't think you'll see any negatives.

I'd love to design a poppet gun.

METHOD Development
Old 11-26-2021, 12:49 PM #5270
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Intern1 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
I used to think sub-100psi was a cool target, but now I think there's a higher number that has some real performance advantages - I'd expect the operating pressure to go up slightly on our future guns, but I don't think you'll see any negatives.

I'd love to design a poppet gun.
In line or stacked?

Old 11-26-2021, 12:52 PM #5271
Simon
INCEPTION

Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends IX
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Quote:
We've been considering it for a while and looking into it, but it's hard to see it actually happening due to the costs involved. Many people are already shy of putting money into a "low cost" gun so it's tough to see that a very expensive frame would make sense.

Quote:
Maybe, we did the trigger and they have sold ok, but I am not sure on the market size for some of the other items we are considering.

Quote:
We have been working to just keep our parts in stock, and haven't succeeded yet. Once we get that done we will look at moving forwards with some of our other exciting cocker projects. No point releasing them until we can actually keep stuff in stock. We did just "soft" release our V3 UFC which is fantastic, but haven't really been bragging about it, as we don't have our LPR in stock, and only a few rams to go with it...

Quote:

Purple has been a hot colour again lately. The touch of gold with the trigger really set it off well in my opinion. I actually tend to set the triggers on the reliable side with a little extra play after activation and after reset. Personally I find it easier to run a slightly longer pull rather than shorter, and most customers agree once I set the trigger up that way for them. People think they want the shortest pull possible, but in reality they can't shoot or maintain a string as easily with that. The FL valve is nice for a little snappier reset and with the secret pin, that reduces the hysteresis, it makes for a great pull which many people love. So far they have been super reliable also which is a big selling point.

Quote:
A Gas-Thru AutoCocker would be sweet! The Nummech Frame is constantly out of stock.
We considered making the original Empire Sniper gas through, but didn't go ahead, as it was likely to piss off too many "traditionalists" and because I wanted parts to support the accessory market (HPR and ASA). I had a gas through frame using the AXE reg, half done since I started Inception but had other priorities. Not sure if I will do it again/better at some point, but it certainly isn't a priority now either. Too many other projects are.

Quote:
Any plans to sell the Feedneck Thumbscrew separately?
We already do. The latest stainless steel version is here https://www.inceptiondesigns.com/FLE...p/cgp-0161.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post

Back when I started doing 'cocker parts again Bob came over at Extravaganza and wanted to buy parts so he could do an updated Bob Long gun. Like a lot of thing with Bob it never came to fruition.
Closed Thread