PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-08-2021, 01:27 AM #1
Chucky5466

Luxe Dependability.

Hello,
I was just curious as to the dependability of the newer Luxe guns. I hear a lot of really positives about them and then I hear a lot of negatives as well. To those who own them what is your input?
Chucky5466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2021, 09:26 AM #2
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
In my mind I compare the X to the Ice, and the Ice was really forgiving as far as neglecting to lube your gun. The Ice didn’t seem to have glitches either. The X being a new gun introduced new problems, just like countless new releases before it. DLX did identify most if not all the glitches with the X. Here’s what I ran into with the X-

-it would turn off during a point, zero power. It was the battery being disconnected for a slight moment. I added tape to the inside of my grip so it increased the amount of pressure on the battery, basically eliminating any play/slop/movement. I did receive a new battery too and it also seemed to fix my problem.

-I would break paint more with my X then any other high end. Maybe the drive inherited some oring compression issues that you’ll find on the gamma core ( this drive is based off of the gamma ). Actually it did. Per Richard Jones, a couple of urethane orings on the bolt guide helped with bolt acceleration and the oring compression issue. But another problem was that the breech had too much room for the paint to move around in. The bolt tip would smack the ball into the barrel instead of always being in contact with the bolt, and from there where it should’ve just been pushed into the barrel, that wasn’t happening.

The fix was never really addressed by DLX imo. The SSC bolt, an aftermarket option, seemed to be the only real solution. I did install the SSC bolt and felt like it really did improve paint handling. I haven’t broken a ball since the install I iirc. Adrenaline is making a new bolt for their TM40 Luxe, and it will be compatible with the X. Adrenaline will be making this bolt an option to buy separately for the owners of the Luxe X. Whether it will be better, worse, or equal with the SSC bolt, that remains to be seen. The ole eye test just looking at the thing, it looks like it’s gonna be good. Adrenaline’s attention to QC seems second to none.

And that’s about it as far as what I’ve run into.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:36 PM #3
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
for me, all my luxes up to the ice (10-12 of them) i changed he orings at the start of the season and cleaned and lubed them every weekend. no issues.

i do have a 2.0 core thats been fighting me for a while now. but i got it used.

my X however has been 100% flawless from day 1 and i had one of the first x's made. Kraig in service sent me updated parts as they came out for like 18 months. not a single issue at all. its a great marker if you dont mind the missing luxe sound.

my encore 1.5 is the same way. 100% flawless and is currently my favourite shooter to date. its such a nice marker to use. the x has better efficiency but the encore is much more enjoyable.