TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMarquie View Post
Hey Guys,
It's great to see the interaction between the "Knowers" and the "Learners"
But...
Why isn't anyone endorsing the Names of the Companies, and or, Company Contacts that can help both "Newbies" and "Established Old Timers" with quality equipment?
I mean come on, isn't it worth it to plug the Businesses and People that have supplied the Hard Goods to help make you successful?
Bunkers, Compressors, Insurance, Netting, etc. Don't keep quality a secret!
Whose products are the Real Deal and why?
Who to stay away from and why?
If you REALLY want to help others, and grow the Sport, then throw a bone/plug to those who have supplied you with any Quality Products that have helped you control your costs.
Buy Quality-Buy Once.
Buy Crap-Buy Once then Buy Quality.
Help skip the Crap...Promote your friends in the Industry!
Bunkers that hold air, Compressors that keep up with demand, Insurance that is both comprehensive and affordable, Netting that lives up to its Reputation, etc, etc, etc.
If you have bought a product that works, in the operation of your field, shout it out.
It will be appreciated.
Word of mouth is great, but there is nothing like a pat-on-the-back in a Public Forum such as this, to show your Vendors that you appreciate their Product(s), Expertise, and most importantly,Time.
Time to get you up and running, expand or, back in business if you suffered any damage due to Weather or other factors.
Promote them, and they will continue to Promote you, with Quality Products and Innovations for years to come.
Just sayin........................
Is "Knowers" even a word?
Recommended companies are somewhat dynamic, so they're not really good for stickied threads that are years old. Usually that sort of stuff works best when somebody asks for recommendations in a new thread.
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2016, 04:07 AM #296
ambarbose

Opening New Field - Suggestions

Hello Everyone,

I am from India. And I was planning to open up a paintball field in my city. We have no mag-fed paintball option here. So it is my plan to grab that opportunity and start the first MILSIG game field here. All the makers will be mag fed which will be provided as rental to players along with the BDUs and protective gears, and of course paints. The markers I had in mind are :
6 - Tiberius T15
4 - Tiberius T9.1 Elite
8 - Milsig M17
2 - RAP4 468DMR (Bolt action Sniper)
4 - Tiberius T8.1 Pistol

My question to all experienced owners are as follows:
Q1. What are the problem for using mag fed guns (for rental)
Q2. Any Insurance on guns available
Q3. Other marker options
Q4. Any other suggestion

Please advice.

Last edited by ambarbose : 09-27-2016 at 04:18 AM.
ambarbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:41 PM #297
Goldpen223

has been a member for 10 years
Interesting

RIP WGP E-Orracle
Goldpen223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:09 PM #298
Wirefox_21
AZ Living

Wirefox_21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wirefox_21 supports DLX Technology
Wirefox_21 supports Ninja Paintball
Im looking to start a field in Scottsdale, AZ. A lot of money is there, easy access for most players to get there, and I have a few locations scouted that would work well. There are a few out there in the area but you gotta drive 1-1/2 hours North or West to the middle of no where thats sketchy areas. I want to cater to Speedball players and Airsoft.

I dont want to cater to EVERYONE and instead keep the KISS approach and make 2-3 REALLLY good airball fields and 1-2 Airsoft field that I can change the layout every few months.

Thoughts? I have some really great marketing strategies that I haven't seen anyone do yet that I dont exactly want to share on here for local competition but I really think is what's missing on getting players out there.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:22 PM #299
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirefox_21 View Post
Im looking to start a field in Scottsdale, AZ. A lot of money is there, easy access for most players to get there, and I have a few locations scouted that would work well. There are a few out there in the area but you gotta drive 1-1/2 hours North or West to the middle of no where thats sketchy areas. I want to cater to Speedball players and Airsoft.

I dont want to cater to EVERYONE and instead keep the KISS approach and make 2-3 REALLLY good airball fields and 1-2 Airsoft field that I can change the layout every few months.

Thoughts? I have some really great marketing strategies that I haven't seen anyone do yet that I dont exactly want to share on here for local competition but I really think is what's missing on getting players out there.
Catering to two markets that generally don't bring in a lot of money isn't the best business idea in my opinion, but to each their own.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:33 PM #300
KEFarris

KEFarris has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirefox_21 View Post

Your marketing has probably already been done by someone else. Airball is not KISS, rec fields are better. Everyone will know your marketing when you start doing it so no reason to hide it.
KEFarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:15 PM #301
Wirefox_21
AZ Living

I've been playing the game for over 20 years, managed a few fields and it's always a crap shoot to know who shows up, or you get there on a Sunday and find out everyone was there Saturday. You would have gone, but didn't know. No one seems to have a good website that allows player interaction. Am I right?
Old 01-03-2017, 05:08 PM #302
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Website, no. Facebook group, yes. Most fields in my area have FB groups and people share when they'll be there.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:46 PM #303
Wirefox_21
AZ Living

Does anyone offer player cards? Frequent user? Discounts? Similar to like flying southwest? Build loyalty? Etc? This is where I feel a TON of fields fall on their face is the organization of all that. You don't know if you're gonna get to the field and just be mowing down noobs or will it be quality players. Or will it be a team that shows up and just "wants to play as a group" and then mows noobs all day. The balancing act of all that is what I created in a web design that I've never seen anyone come close to doing. Yes Facebook has an "event group" but I've taken it a step farther and made a way to scan peeps in. So you can "say you're going" but not til you actually get there does it confirm you. So this separates the flakes from the true peeps who show up.
Wirefox_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:55 PM #304
Mondoatx

Wirefox...

My local field offers a membership... you pay for a membership for a year... and get discounted field fee and discounted paint for 365 days...

I did the math... and I play almost every weekend... and it paid for itself after 9 weekends (1000 rounds a weekend)... since I play so much it was a no brainer man...
Mondoatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:07 PM #305
Wirefox_21
AZ Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
Wirefox...

My local field offers a membership... you pay for a membership for a year... and get discounted field fee and discounted paint for 365 days...

I did the math... and I play almost every weekend... and it paid for itself after 9 weekends (1000 rounds a weekend)... since I play so much it was a no brainer man...
That's great to hear! Yes there are s memberships in place with multipliers.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:00 PM #306
GiDesign
GunzUp! Paintball

there are no easy business's and most of them don't pay a living wage these days lol. be creative and figure out how to get people on board plenty of people do it so look at the successful ones and you'll likely find that they are creative and positive individuals.
GiDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:25 PM #307
MOOSE KNUCKLE MIKE
MOOSE

How do you pick an area that a field would be welcomed and successful?

I live in Rural WV and its hard to find a good field here. The area here is big on scenario while I fancy speedball. But neither of these games are finding success. I don't know if its poorly run businesses or just lack of support form the community?
MOOSE KNUCKLE MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:24 PM #308
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSE KNUCKLE MIKE View Post
How do you pick an area that a field would be welcomed and successful?

I live in Rural WV and its hard to find a good field here. The area here is big on scenario while I fancy speedball. But neither of these games are finding success. I don't know if its poorly run businesses or just lack of support form the community?
There is such an insane amount of poor business owners in paintball its not even funny. Id say more often than not a field is poorly run from a business standpoint vs well run. So you may just be experiancing that.
tweeter4 is online now   Reply With Quote