Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-31-2015, 11:03 AM #1
cye604

AnsGear.com Accused of Re-Selling Returned Defective Products

Today was an interesting day over in the paintball section of Reddit.com. One user, vtcbfehb, posted about the Bob Long 360 Regulator he purchased from ANS Gear that was missing the velocity screw, and had minor scuff marks on the outside. He was angry because when he contacted ANS, they said they could do nothing for him. Then, it became interesting. Another user, Booglysnot, came on and commented on how he received the same reg with the same issues a while back, but then returned it to ANS. This now leaves the Reddit paintball community furious, some stating that ANS are "[Explicit] lying, thieving scammers." Other users, one of whom claims to be a lawyer, points out that this is most likely illegal, while others label the action as fraud. At this time it seems ANS has not responded to the claims.

Check out the full story, as well as see photos of the reg, over at /r/paintball: tiny.cc/xg0vyx

Last edited by cye604 : 05-31-2015 at 11:13 AM.
cye604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2015, 11:05 AM #2
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath is Boss
ANS is shady. Everyone knows that.
sokopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:09 AM #3
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 supports Ninja Paintball
this is not news. ans has awful customer service. If they refuse to give you a refund report them to the Better business bureau then file a billing dispute with your bank against them.
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:28 AM #4
RyanR

RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
RyanR supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by aclark364 View Post
this is not news. ans has awful customer service. If they refuse to give you a refund report them to the Better business bureau then file a billing dispute with your bank against them.
While this practise may not be new for ANS, they are a PBN sponsor, it's definitely news worthy.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:33 AM #5
Vincealince12

Haven't bought from their site in a year and sure as hell don't miss em. The worst transaction over pants ever had report em to the BBB if you ever run into a dispute with them
Vincealince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:05 PM #6
cye604

This has been removed from the news section and placed here... why though? I have no explanation from the mods.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:11 PM #7
Modat

plays in the NXL
Modat plays in the APPA D4 division
Modat supports DLX Technology
Tuck it away somewhere so no one will see it
Modat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:19 PM #8
cye604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modat View Post
Tuck it away somewhere so no one will see it
That is weird... I'll ask John about it.

Last edited by cye604 : 05-31-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:29 PM #9
Vincealince12

^lol beacause nobody reads into these threads....
Vincealince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:32 PM #10
WoodChuck65

WoodChuck65 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WoodChuck65 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincealince12 View Post
^lol beacause nobody reads into these threads....
Yep, and pbnation is doing so to defend ansgear as they have a connection. But I am no longer ever ordering from ansgear as they already give me issues. I order something and it takes well over a week to ship out then another week to arrive so half a month to get anything when I only live 4 to 6 hours away from them, and I have ordered from them about 5 times and each time has taken a week to ship and another week to get here. Anyone else I order from ships out same day and arrives 2 to 5 days.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:48 PM #11
cstrollo33

Thumbs down ANS vs Break your Balls Paintball

I have only had terrible experiences from ansgear. Once ordered 10 cases of white fill and they all came pink fill and were old and in terrible condition. They said they couldn't do anything about the order. And I cant use pink fill at any field, wtf ansgear... check out Break your Balls Paintball company on instagram @breakyouballspaintball
www.breakyourballs.co
cstrollo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:14 AM #12
rob1525

rob1525 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrollo33 View Post
I have only had terrible experiences from ansgear. Once ordered 10 cases of white fill and they all came pink fill and were old and in terrible condition. They said they couldn't do anything about the order. And I cant use pink fill at any field, wtf ansgear... check out Break your Balls Paintball company on instagram @breakyouballspaintball
www.breakyourballs.co
*NOTE* If the color selected is not available then we will substitute your order with a color that is available. If you need a specific color then please call us direct for availability. *NOTE*

You should have seen this when you ordered. Its at the bottom of every offering of paint they have.
rob1525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:26 PM #13
Rawdawg87

Rawdawg87 supports Shocker RSX
Well I feel stupid I just ordered from them. Since they had the best price on jerseys. They also answered questions right away. I will differently look at all the products I ordered and hope the shipping is not to long.
Rawdawg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:39 PM #14
Andyreed6
Techno Viking

Andyreed6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Andyreed6 plays in the APPA D4 division
Andyreed6 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Andyreed6 supports Shocker RSX
Andyreed6 supports Ninja Paintball
Andyreed6 supports Empire
honestly haven't had to many problems with ans. there customer service even contacted me when they were out of stock with something to make sure i got what i needed. all in all a relatively good experience. then again i could just be reallly lucky
Andyreed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:01 PM #15
Hogan1172

I have only been buying Paintball equipment for about a year. I have only ordered from ANS. 3 markers and tons of other stuff. Never had a problem. I ordered an Axe from them and it had a bad solenoid. They sent a new one within days. Also sent a new board. Who else does everyone order from? Ive spent over 3K with them.
Hogan1172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:16 AM #16
ry_goody

I have never had a perfect experience with ANS. Never. I've ordered from them 5 times, which why would I keep going back? Sometimes they get products no one else has, or they have really good sales. So I risk it. But i have just come to expect there will be an issue if I order from ANS be careful.

There biggest sin is they do not keep stock counts up to date. They list things as in stock even if they are not, just to get the order. Then they deal with the backorder afterwards. This is what most of the issues come from. I order a bunch of stuff, half of it they did not actually have in stock, they just listed it to get the order.

So then naturally what does any person do? They wait, because they already paid and its more trouble to go through the refund hassle with ANS. When really, if a person knew up front half their order was actually on back order or out of stock, or in a few cases discontinued, they would of just gone somewhere else. Or ordered only the items they knew were in stock.

But ANS liberally puts the 'in stock' tag on way way too many items just to get more orders from people.

It is shady, it is scammy. This is not standard online retailer behavior. I order from them as little as possible, and only with items that I know they MUST have in stock and only if its an item that only they have. I really wish these different companies would stop giving them 'ANS Gear exclusives'.

Really we should knock ANSGear out of the community. They are far too high in Google search rankings, many new people probably go to them to order things because of this. If someones first experience with buying PB equipment is from ANSGear its probably going to make a bad impression on the whole sport. It's very sad pbnation has ties with this and cannot be objective about. They should have a banner at the top of their forum about it. I mean if this is such an issue for pbnation I'll just make a new forum. It's not like setting up a forum is difficult or hosting is expensive these days. This isn't even the best forum system available right now.

Last edited by ry_goody : 05-23-2016 at 12:22 AM.
ry_goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:28 AM #17
1dayteam120

1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Very interesting that this and YPBF scam isn't on the homepage warning people.... Hmmmm