PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-13-2022, 03:54 PM #1
jlovasz90

Getting Back into Paintball/Speedball

Hey guys,
I'm in my early 30s and I am looking into getting back into paintball. I started refereeing part time at a paintball park in Northern VA for fun... and the bug has hit me. Don't get me wrong I enjoy walk-ons/woods ball/rec ball. But I am more interested in playing speedball with better more experienced players. I have a 07 Ego and am looking to upgrade to a newer/more consistent setup.

If anyone can point me in the right direction in terms of a solid reliable gun under $1,000? (Wife Capped Me)

Also, where can I play with better speedball players in the Northern Virginia area? I don't have to be on a team......I could just be used in training/scrimmaging

Much Thanks
jlovasz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2022, 04:07 PM #2
redragoon

New rules are 10.5bps for most division play. Ego will definitely do that.

A lot of people like the newer LPR-less markers. Shocker AMP, Dye DSR, Gtek 170r, and Geo 4. They provide high end features with tool-less maintenance. No LPR means there is less tuning required. Set the HPR to the velocity and that is it.

These are all spool markers as the few poppets left (LV1.6 and HK VCOM) need it to control ram speed/power.

For a used marker, anything with the PE IV core (Geo, Gtek 170) is a good choice. There is less that the previous owner could mess up and parts are plentiful.

I believe everything except the Luxe uses AC/autococker threads so barrels are also plentiful. Shocker and Luxe both come with Freak insert designs.
redragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:05 PM #3
C0lin

Annual Supporting Member
C0lin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
C0lin plays in the APPA D5 division
C0lin supports Shocker RSX
C0lin supports Ninja Paintball
Pev's is an excellent place to play against some pretty good competition in terms of speedball
C0lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:16 PM #4
SynysterPB
Milkdud Militia

SynysterPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SynysterPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SynysterPB owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
SynysterPB owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlovasz90 View Post
Hey guys,
I'm in my early 30s and I am looking into getting back into paintball. I started refereeing part time at a paintball park in Northern VA for fun... and the bug has hit me. Don't get me wrong I enjoy walk-ons/woods ball/rec ball. But I am more interested in playing speedball with better more experienced players. I have a 07 Ego and am looking to upgrade to a newer/more consistent setup.

If anyone can point me in the right direction in terms of a solid reliable gun under $1,000? (Wife Capped Me)

Also, where can I play with better speedball players in the Northern Virginia area? I don't have to be on a team......I could just be used in training/scrimmaging

Much Thanks
I'd say grab a used Geo 4 setup, buy one gun and depend on it forever!!
"then I busted to the snake and shot like 77 guys...wiped five hits...stopped to dry hump a hot mom in the stands...and punched a 14 yr old spoiled kid in the face who was holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him...then the ref high-fived me for being a BAD ***." -awsk11

"Guys, please be nice to Canadians. They can't tell time because they believe in celsius."- honculada

GEO 4 - NOT FOR SALE

Hormesis Squad+++

**WTB/WTT for a Alien Revelation, If you have one or have a possible lead on one please PM me!**

Milkdud Militia
SynysterPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:21 PM #5
jestep

has been a member for 10 years
Geo 3.5 or 4 and be done with it. Fast, quiet, reliable, good company behind them, not really much else needed. You can probably find a 3.5 for like $600, easily could come in under $1000 with a great tank and hopper, Geo 4 for more like $1000 for just the marker.
jestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:29 PM #6
SynysterPB
Milkdud Militia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestep View Post
Geo 3.5 or 4 and be done with it. Fast, quiet, reliable, good company behind them, not really much else needed. You can probably find a 3.5 for like $600, easily could come in under $1000 with a great tank and hopper, Geo 4 for more like $1000 for just the marker.
This ^^

You could probably find a Geo 4 with a OG spire ir and a decent tank for a grand or so
"then I busted to the snake and shot like 77 guys...wiped five hits...stopped to dry hump a hot mom in the stands...and punched a 14 yr old spoiled kid in the face who was holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him...then the ref high-fived me for being a BAD ***." -awsk11

"Guys, please be nice to Canadians. They can't tell time because they believe in celsius."- honculada

GEO 4 - NOT FOR SALE

Hormesis Squad+++

**WTB/WTT for a Alien Revelation, If you have one or have a possible lead on one please PM me!**

Milkdud Militia
Old 01-20-2022, 02:32 PM #7
Big_Papa_MoJOE

I have a geo4 fire opal 9/10 condition - $950 + shipping and PayPal if you’re a interested
Big_Papa_MoJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:45 AM #8
SynysterPB
Milkdud Militia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Papa_MoJOE View Post
I have a geo4 fire opal 9/10 condition - $950 + shipping and PayPal if you’re a interested
Might wanna keep BST in the actual BST threads/forum

GEO 4 - NOT FOR SALE

Hormesis Squad+++

Milkdud Militia