Advertisement
Old 01-17-2022, 03:47 PM #107
chevota

has been a member for 10 years
chevota owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraballer76 View Post
Zuppa and Darula to Impact
Very interesting pick up's. They should fit right in with the core of Impact tho IMO
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:46 PM #108
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
#1P8ntballer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
#1P8ntballer supports DLX Technology
Impact 187
Bob Long Ripper Victory Marq
----NT11 ----CHEAP 600+
Zombie Nation NT
Custom 2k2 Timmy ACS Body Spimmy
ANS Gen-X Autococker Adrenaline Angel LED Black Magic Autococker 2001 Angel LCD Dark Angel LED ReTro valve Automag
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:24 PM #109
autodoc

Annual Supporting Member
autodoc plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
autodoc plays in the APPA D2 division
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1P8ntballer View Post
Impact 187
Nice !
Old 01-18-2022, 12:51 PM #110
paintballcapt062
Dr. Logic

plays in the NXL
paintballcapt062 plays in the MiLP
paintballcapt062 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballcapt062 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
I'm busy enough with work these days that I had time to just scratch along the surface of what's what with the Saints. Don't have any idea who the owner is, I didn't see any social media presense, they seem to have sprung up out of nowhere. I'd always assumed that HK's sponsorship of a flagship team like Dynasty was more than a few bucks. Having that money available would go a long way toward being able to support another team, and every announcement has been attached to HK.

Again, all from a quicker look than I used to have time for. I wear about 12 hats at work, and that gets worse when coworkers are out.

I don't remember saying anything about Heat specifically. I was thinking more about XSV a couple times through their history, and Impact more recently. Heck, look at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, too. You can buy in talent. You can have a bunch of superstars all wear the same uniform and play the same game, and win decisively for a while. Sometimes it works out and you get a team that lasts. Sometimes you get a team that has the "A-type" people getting in each others' ways trying to be THE superstar, fighting, and having a giant blowout... and then people bolt to the next team waving a big check at them.

I hope they do well. Not trying to put down anyone's efforts, talents, or methods. The pro division is a brutal and expensive place. Nobody knows yet how it will all go. It'll be an interesting year though!
I wasn't trying to step on toes my man. We have had a lot of good talks on here over the years. I hope you're doing well and they don't add an unlucky 13th hat to you for work.

I am excited to see what Diego does with the team as he is throwing around a bunch of cash. I just wish he was only picking up Latin or Latin American players for the squad this year like he said he would do in the past.
Logic Photography - The Logical choice for photography in Oklahoma
paintballcapt062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:07 PM #111
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
#1P8ntballer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
#1P8ntballer supports DLX Technology
There prob isn't enough top Latin talent to recruit for the caliber they want. At some point, you bending your rules by allowing Americans with a Latin origin last name. Then bending even further to as long as they like tacos.

Its like how Russian Legion have always had a Russian core + a few Americans, French players, or Latin players. Building a winning team is priority, then keeping it Latin / Russian / or other commonality is just a fun secondary thing.
Bob Long Ripper Victory Marq
----NT11 ----CHEAP 600+
Zombie Nation NT
Custom 2k2 Timmy ACS Body Spimmy
ANS Gen-X Autococker Adrenaline Angel LED Black Magic Autococker 2001 Angel LCD Dark Angel LED ReTro valve Automag
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:52 PM #112
Old-Soul

AA's took anyone with a heartbeat and two feet so...all's fair in love and (paint)war.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:42 PM #113
chevota

chevota owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
AC Diesel picked up Logan Dyer from AC Dallas

Last edited by chevota : 01-19-2022 at 04:45 PM.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:37 AM #114
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1P8ntballer View Post
There prob isn't enough top Latin talent to recruit for the caliber they want. At some point, you bending your rules by allowing Americans with a Latin origin last name. Then bending even further to as long as they like tacos.

Its like how Russian Legion have always had a Russian core + a few Americans, French players, or Latin players. Building a winning team is priority, then keeping it Latin / Russian / or other commonality is just a fun secondary thing.
Im not sure why this is becoming a thing, but I didn't really see where they implicitly implied they would remain an all latin american roster. They made one mention that they were proud to be the sports first pro Latin American team and not much outside of that.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.