PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-03-2021, 07:21 PM #1
pbwizard21

has been a member for 10 years
angel battery

anyone still rebuilding these? I have a couple rare classics that i want to get up and running before i sell.
pbwizard21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2021, 09:15 PM #2
Roger7pball

https://zeroxtechnologies.com/store/...el-60v-battery
Old 05-09-2021, 06:56 PM #3
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger7pball View Post
It looks like they're out of stock, unfortunately.

You might try Angel Paintball Parts. I seem to recall some complaints that shipping from Angel Paintball Parts was delayed, but I think that all got resolved. Just to be on the safe side, you could try shooting them an email or get in touch with George Lamontagne on Facebook.

Failing that, a local battery store may be able to rebuild it for you as well. Some people have had luck with BatteriesPlus. Some local RC and hobby shops do custom batteries and rebuilds as well.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:13 PM #4
Daltech

Angel LED Charger?

I just got 2 LED's, I got a battery, o-rings, and black hardware from ECA, but I don't know the battery chemistry and there is no documentation. I am going to disassemble the ECA new battery and determine the chemistry so I can wire up a pre built 6v charger. I have 2 intelifeed kits and will salvage the connection for the LED charger from these. I know it is a special 3 pin connection, and I have the pinout from this forum (thanks guys).

My question is what chargers have you had success with in the past?

My plan is to re wire a 6v Nimh trickle charger +- to the 3 pin on the back of the LED . Wire up the battery and clean up all the guts inside the LED, close it up and it will be a stock LED with a new NImh battery and a new wall charger. Any problems you all see?

Thanks all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600-6.jpg (389.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Daltech : 12-04-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Daltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 02:39 PM #5
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The original LED battery was NiCad, but if you're not going to be using the original NiCad charger anyway then you can safely change it over to NiMH. You can find a write up on building a DIY charger here, including a model that I've had success with in the past (obviously you will want to use the Angel LED connector instead of the LCD+ barrel connector I used in the tutorial).

Also, just in case you ever need them, the male and female connectors for the intellifeed and battery charger can be found here and here, respectively. Since you've already got an intellifeed kit that you don't mind cannibalizing that'll work just fine as well, it's just handy to have those bookmarked in case you need them for the future.

*edit* It looks like the o-ring gland on that Nitro Duck reg has a pretty good ding in it, and that bottle is most likely past its 15 year lifespan, so you might want to just use that as a display model

Last edited by dr.strangelove : 12-04-2021 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:48 PM #6
Daltech

I asked the guy on EBay to just throw the nitro duck away and not to ship it, but guess what? The next LED I got came with one!!!! It’s for display only now and 10+years past hydro. Thanks a ton for the charger info. I’m new to this forum, I’m just getting back into the sport after 20 year hiatus. Nothing but respect for all the awesome people and info on this forum. Thanks Strangelove. I’ll post up my finished works and any problems/solutions I run into along the way to document here for others to learn from.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:21 PM #7
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltech View Post
I asked the guy on EBay to just throw the nitro duck away and not to ship it, but guess what? The next LED I got came with one!!!! Itís for display only now and 10+years past hydro. Thanks a ton for the charger info. Iím new to this forum, Iím just getting back into the sport after 20 year hiatus. Nothing but respect for all the awesome people and info on this forum. Thanks Strangelove. Iíll post up my finished works and any problems/solutions I run into along the way to document here for others to learn from.
Good luck with everything, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:23 PM #8
Daltech

Alight, I got it back up and clicking, but when I put the back plate back onto the chassis it shorts out, I think its in the wiring somewhere, not the back plate. I managed to make it go in/out by wiggling, but it went out when I fired it. Good news is, I fired it. Now I need a new wiring harness to hook into a stock LED board. Any tips on where to find a 10pin wire thing?
Old 01-15-2022, 12:02 AM #9
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

I don't know the part number for the LED harness connector off-hand, but if you contact Jeff Pace/trancer23 (Facebook and here, respectively) he might know. If you can find one used or pre-built it would be a lot easier, as you need the proper crimping tool to attach the wires to the header.

It's possible the short is elsewhere, especially since you've just replaced the battery. Check the soldered connections at the battery, switch, and solenoid.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:16 PM #10
Daltech

Thanks for the response. I haven't had time to pull the wiring on the LED, but I appreciate your suggestion to just find the fault wire and not replace the entire harness. Will do when I have time. Here is a group pic of my collection so far. How sick am I? Alot, or a little?[IMG]
leaflet linestring[/IMG]

Last edited by Daltech : 01-18-2022 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 06:41 PM #11
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Some nice classic shooters there. Don't worry, compared to some of our more ardent collectors you're still pretty normal