Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-12-2022, 09:46 PM #1
Oldtimer175390

Newer shocktech autocockers still worth it

I have recently gotten back into the sport after an approximately 15 year hiatus. When I first started playing, the shocktech autocockers we’re the pinnacle of mechanical markers at the time.

Now that I have gotten back into the sport and my budget is considerably different than it was when I was in middle school I would love to get a premium high end autococker. My question comes down to whether anyone has any experience with the newer shocktech autocockers or whether I should look in the direction of inception or free flow.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Oldtimer175390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2022, 10:34 PM #2
Mps18

All three of these will shoot differently. I have owned/own all three companies. Shocktech to me is a short snappy button type trigger pull, the ID is a bit smoother and they have hinge and single trigger which are both great, and free flow has their own trigger frame too and it feels nice as well more comparable to the id than shocktech. just buy all three problem solved.
Mps18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:11 AM #3
demented pumper
Bearded Works

has been a member for 10 years
I will 2nd that all 3 have a very different feel. If you have an opportunity to try them, do it. I would describe the shocktech to be a hard short pull out of the box with the pneumatics being a snappier than others.

Inception has a nice spring kit that you can adjust the springs in the frame to get a feel that you like better as well as having 3 different trigger plat options. stock, nos and sas. Their pneumatics id say are softer more spongey like.

freeflow the trigger pull out of the box is more like a classic benchmark frame feel the pneumatics are kind of a mix between the inception and shocktech.

If you are someone who is not comfortable with timing cockers, working on or maintaining cockers i would definetly look into them a bit deeper.

Shocktech is working on some maintenance info for their markers.
Inception has videos on youtube on full assembly.
freeflow doesn't currently have any instructional stuff, but does have great customer service.

That being said i own multiples of all 3.

I buy Automags and Parts: if your looking to let something go, shoot me a pm

Feedback Link
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:56 AM #4
jestep

has been a member for 10 years
The new ones are very good, and ready to go out of the box, but I still prefer the gen 1-4 SFL's and other high end cockers from 15 years ago, might be a lot of nostalgia in my preference though. You can often find them but they can be pricey AF, Mccarterbrown and customcockers forums are usually a better place to find them, but some are often listed here in the mech or vintage forums or ebay. Usually any good deal is snatched up really quickly.

Otherwise, you can't really go wrong with the current shocktech or freeflow, you might want to see if someone nearby has one you can hold and shoot a few rounds on to see what direction you want to go.

Last edited by jestep : 01-13-2022 at 10:02 AM.
jestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:28 PM #5
Daltech

I got a 17 year old 2k4 centerfeed off ebay from Goodwill. It is stock, still timed, and I handed it to my friend who only knows PE GTEK170R and he played a game and asked to play a few more with to cocker, I had a 14" carbon fiber gog .679 insert to prevent rollouts. It is possible, if you wait and know what's what and where to look. I just heard about mcb? http://mcarterbrown.com , I could not make it work, but maybe you will have better luck signing up, I couldn't figure out the stupid "what is the uniform" security question. Anyways, just grab one and resell it if you don't love it. My 2 cents.

Last edited by Daltech : 01-14-2022 at 10:30 PM.
Daltech is offline   Reply With Quote