PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-26-2020, 08:32 PM #1
L4sT_ReSOrT

has been a member for 10 years
How much smaller can paint get?

After a 6 year hiatus I've noticed that the paint is absurdly small. Years ago you only needed the stock .689 barrels but on a recent box of paint I'm running a .677 insert, the smallest Freak insert available.

Out of curiosity at what point is the point too small for the marker to breach and fire?
L4sT_ReSOrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2020, 01:43 AM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
For all the time you’ve been gone paint has just gotten worse than ever. GI is a mess with no consistency, HK/APX is ok, Valken and all the other asian paints just stink of recycled oils. And the Russian pro-shar seems to be the new king.

I created this a while back so people could log paints across the can/us
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5995391

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Last edited by Paul77 : 05-27-2020 at 01:46 AM.
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:26 AM #3
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Well, .43 exists.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:35 PM #4
L4sT_ReSOrT

At this rate I'm legitimately concerned I'll have to purchase another barrel kit in a year.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:51 PM #5
Mr. Charlie

It depends on where you are and what you have access to.

I wish the GI Custom Blend Paint I get was a little bit smaller.

Down here I have to use my .692 in order to not break any Paint...
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:28 PM #6
Vanya117

I noticed paint these days suck so bad. It seems like back in 06-10 the paint shot great. Draxxus/Procaps, RPS, empire, etc shot so good. Now none of them have any consistency, and tuning guns is twice as hard. One ball fits perfect, next rolls out, next one super tight fit almost to the point it doesnt fire, then shot fine again. Like wtf

If you're a Christian baller,put this in your sig.
Vanya117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:16 PM #7
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

is playing at Living Legends XI
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya117 View Post
I noticed paint these days suck so bad. It seems like back in 06-10 the paint shot great. Draxxus/Procaps, RPS, empire, etc shot so good. Now none of them have any consistency, and tuning guns is twice as hard. One ball fits perfect, next rolls out, next one super tight fit almost to the point it doesnt fire, then shot fine again. Like wtf
that's concerning since I wanted to start playing pump again
sokopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:42 AM #8
L4sT_ReSOrT

The paint quality is good/fine what is annoying is the variation is size from palette to palette. Not sure if this was always the case but even on Empire Premium one week it might be .684 the next it is .679.

Fortunately my local store gets fresh shipments every week so I make it a point to purchase multiple cases of the brand I like to eliminate the variation.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:24 AM #9
Mr. Charlie

The variation is pretty bad for GI/Empire Paint across the board from what I’ve seen - except for their higher end “Tournament” Paint.

The Custom Blend we usually get typically ranges in size from easily rolling through a .684 to sticking hard in a .688 - all this within a single bag.

I wonder what the acceptable amount of variation is?
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Old 06-29-2020, 12:55 PM #10
L4sT_ReSOrT

Haven't had issues within the bag but I also keep my paint in a cooler during the summer to maintain brittleness and prevent swelling.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:23 PM #11
Mr. Charlie

Me too, I keep the majority in a Cooler while playing.

It’s coming from them that inconsistent...
Old 07-01-2020, 09:09 PM #12
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
 is playing at Living Legends XI
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I’m shooting a Lurker barrel at 0.684 and having no breaks. Anything smaller and it’s too tight of a bore. My Lurker 0.64# barrel is Too tight of a bore and breaks paint.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:52 PM #13
Farmer33f

Having the same problem, haven't played since 2015. Now im at the point where I need to either change to a new barrel or have my factory back bored out to accept freak inserts. .689 just isn't cutting it anymore.
Farmer33f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:03 AM #14
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I run a TechT iFit barrel sizer kit on my pumps and cockers. It goes all the way down to .667 which is to my knowledge the smallest size offering. A bit overpriced new but if you can find one new it can be a handy addition to your kit (especially if you shoot closed bolt guns).
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:59 AM #15
Farmer33f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
I run a TechT iFit barrel sizer kit on my pumps and cockers. It goes all the way down to .667 which is to my knowledge the smallest size offering. A bit overpriced new but if you can find one new it can be a handy addition to your kit (especially if you shoot closed bolt guns).

Thats good info, my problem is I don't want to have a barrel that dont match hahah. So that's why I wanted to freak bore it instead. But that will probably cost just as much in the end.
Farmer33f is offline   Reply With Quote