viking002
Da Sigma

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieth Stone View Post
Do some actual research on economic science and see how those numbers and data add up.
Contact trace these nuts
You mean economics?
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2020, 03:54 PM #107
Madeinurchina

Madeinurchina owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
You mean economics?
What's funny is a great deal of people assume if you support reopening we must be some QAnon fodder that echoes far right propaganda but that isn't true in most cases. I think the response has been bungled from the start, which was over 2 months after Navarro, among other officials, warned the administration. If testing capacities along with rapid testing were widely available then reopening wouldn't be an issue.

Regulators D2
Madeinurchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:59 PM #108
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeinurchina View Post
What's funny is a great deal of people assume if you support reopening we must be some QAnon fodder that echoes far right propaganda but that isn't true in most cases. I think the response has been bungled from the start, which was over 2 months after Navarro, among other officials, warned the administration. If testing capacities along with rapid testing were widely available then reopening wouldn't be an issue.
When people talk about officials lying about the virus then I poke fun.

I want everything to go back to normal but I want it done in a way that prevents us from having to do all this over again.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:28 PM #109
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeinurchina View Post
When people talk about officials lying about the virus then I poke fun.

I want everything to go back to normal but I want it done in a way that prevents us from having to do all this over again.
Yeah! Cause when has the government ever lied to its ppl?

Were all going to do this again, or you can force a half assed, rushed vaccine into your body and see what happens in ten years. I feel like weve been here before.....
Hope everybody and ya fams are staying safe and healthy, the more ppl across the field the better.

So when fields open, are we going to have to wear masks under our masks? Seems like a gg for anybody with asthma who still plays.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:46 AM #110
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a founding member
4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
I am going in to get tested. No symptoms but Fort Lauderdale is operating drive up, appointment only, free testing.

Hope everyone out there is staying safe!
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:57 AM #111
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
I am going in to get tested. No symptoms but Fort Lauderdale is operating drive up, appointment only, free testing.

Hope everyone out there is staying safe!
Tested for what exactly? I mean there's all sorts of weird stuff you can catch in Florida.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:59 AM #112
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Tested for what exactly? I mean there's all sorts of weird stuff you can catch in Florida.
E V E R Y T H I N G
Old 05-14-2020, 12:01 PM #113
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

In florida you need to test for everything, except i.q.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:09 PM #114
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.Strom View Post
In florida you need to test for everything, except i.q.
#fact
Old 05-16-2020, 10:04 PM #115
Rover Lead

Our field owner has invested $$$
We spent the downtime building new fields...
Laser tag
Airsoft
Axe throwing
And Greg Hastings will be here to open our time trials!
I have been practicing every weekend but we officially opened this weekend and had a great turnout.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:07 PM #116
Rover Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by E99_Curt View Post
The point of my first post which ruffled so many feathers was that the longer we try to go about our business as usual, the longer business won't be as usual. The long term impact on this sport will be catastrophic if we let this virus linger around all summer and fields have no choice but to shutter from either outbreaks among staff or aftershock waves of the virus among their customers. Most developed countries are at the point where they have this thing nearly put to bed. Hell, Wuhan of all places is testing all 11 million residents because something like 6 new cases popped up after going a month without any. The only way to get ahead of this, short of waiting another year+ for a vaccine, is to keep track of who's sick or asymptomatic and who they've potentially infected. We're a few days away from crossing 100,000 confirmed American deaths, and we're just now starting to see lots of hot spots in rural areas and small towns. I want nothing more than to return to normalcy, but that simply will not happen if entire factories are forced to suspend operations for several weeks because we're too proud to admit that maybe the folks warning us back in January and February about the need for widespread testing were on to something. And every single person has someone in their life who's at risk, whether it's an older parent, a grandparent, a friend with an organ transplant, a cousin with severe asthma, a coworker with a heart condition, or an overweight sibling. If people need to shame you into not putting them at risk of dying, then there's probably not a damn thing that will ever make you care about anyone but yourself.

I’m guessing you get your “statistics” from CNN...

Someone really should tell him.... 🤣
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:19 AM #117
natexcarr
Doesn't need friends

Well, this thread was a very embarrassing read...
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:24 PM #118
E99_Curt
yup.

E99_Curt is a Supporting Member
E99_Curt owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
I’m guessing you get your “statistics” from CNN...

Someone really should tell him.... ��
Are you suggesting that Wuhan doesn't have 11 million residents, that they didn't just decide to test everyone because of 6 new cases, or that we're not nearing 100,000 confirmed deaths, which Trump himself has said? I'm not following what has you so confused.

Edit: Here's an international source for the Wuhan testing. I suppose you then disagree with Trump's assessment on how many Americans are dying.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...or-coronavirus
Old 05-17-2020, 10:30 PM #119
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
Local restaurants were all packed this weekend, and my home field was open for business as usual.

I’m happy to say that, in spite of the numerous people who insist on pretending there is some scary invisible monster waiting outside of their front door, there are SIGNIFICANTLY more who don’t care and are gladly getting back to their regular lives.

The only way you’re going to get your lives back is by ignoring the guilt-trip Karens. Anything you do, they’re just going to say “you just want people to die!” Do everything you would have anyways, go back to your lives and verbally abuse your local politicians if they refuse to open businesses. I mean REALLY get after them. They’re more agreeable when being yelled at by angry mobs.

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:54 AM #120
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Idk about you guys, but when im out working i see TONS of elderly ppl out. And they give me dirty looks like im the issue. I wanna shake em and scream “look grandma, weve stopped the world to give you another five years of arthritic pain, stay home!”
So if youre wonderIng why those numbers keep going up, its cause my boss wont allow me to shake the elderly.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:28 AM #121
THBG
To God alone be the glory

Annual Supporting Member
THBG plays in the APPA D5 division
THBG has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
THBG has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So got a chance to head to my local field Sunday, The Siege Paintball. It was nice spent a few hours just talking with guys and hanging out. We had a months worth of rain dumped on us so no paint was thrown, still, it was great to just talk with the guys and catch up.
THBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:37 AM #122
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by THBG View Post
So got a chance to head to my local field Sunday, The Siege Paintball. It was nice spent a few hours just talking with guys and hanging out. We had a months worth of rain dumped on us so no paint was thrown, still, it was great to just talk with the guys and catch up.
Without Corona Siege still wouldn't open until August, because of rain.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:45 AM #123
THBG
To God alone be the glory

Annual Supporting Member
THBG plays in the APPA D5 division
THBG has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
THBG has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Without Corona Siege still wouldn't open until August, because of rain.
Actually, they were not running the indoor field. Team practice was set for outdoors.
THBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:23 PM #124
Travelintrevor

Thumbs up

Hogback was open. Not sure why Pev's decided to stay closed. Based on the orders, they could have opened since it's an outdoor activity.

Hogback was busy and we had a great time. My body is sore but I am OK with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkupchyk View Post
Pev's here is Virginia still shows 'closed until further notice.' The Washington Post reported "Va. governor extends widespread shutdown through May 14, says first phase of reopening could begin after that."
Travelintrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:04 PM #125
Travelintrevor

Holly crap. You are one uninformed individual and a willfully ignorant one at that. Cognitive dissonance much?

You are looking at this from a partisan political lens. The death toll is higher than reported because of the people dying at home and those deaths are not recorded.

Now, look at data from across the world. Too many countries mirror our own experience in regards to SARS Co-V-2 for there to be overreporting in the USA.

You said all the news is fake but then completely and utterly misquote Dr. Birx. She never stated that the CDC count is off.

Dr. Birx has stated that she doesn't like the way the CDC has delayed reporting.

The WH is pushing the CDC to change the way SARS-Co-V-2 deaths are counted because Trump wants the numbers lower. Why? Answer that for yourself.

Trump, today, announced that he was taking Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to prevent him from getting sick. HCQ is the drug he pushed for weeks at the beginning of this and the drug was found to not be effective but now he is pushing it again. Is he really taking it? Of course not. Trump wants you out there like a good little soldier thinking that HCQ and Remdesivier will save you in the interim while a miracle vaccine is around the corner. Oh, AND that the virus isn't as bad as it really is.

I am not one of those that will tell you to stay inside and be fearful. I went out and played paintball this weekend and took the steps to stay away from people. I used alcohol to sanitize my gun after having it refilled and I believe in proper precautions such as N95 masks and social distancing because this will be the norm for months to come. And it is effective when done right.

I will agree with you on the fake news. But it's the news that is coming from the WH that is fake.

I hardly believe that there is a global conspiracy to make you believe that the news about C19 is fake. This virus is everywhere and the death toll has been staggering even with mitigation protocols in place. Thankfully the curve is flattening and we can start getting back out there IF we practice mitigation techniques (masks, sanitation, social distancing, etc).

Sincerely,

A paintball playing microbiologist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by going_home View Post
You missed my point.

All the news on this virus is fake, all of it.

Even the scarf queen on the presidents virus task force is now saying she doesn't trust a thing the CDC says , and she's the expert.

They based almost destroying the US economy on false models.

Carry on.
Travelintrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:11 PM #126
RNH910

Both black ops locations in Fayetteville and Myrtle Beach are open. Fayetteville location was booming this past saturday.
RNH910 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.