Old 06-21-2020, 06:18 PM #1
HKArmyKid219
859 killer

has been a member for 10 years
HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Central KY field

Why doesn't anyone open a field in the Central KY, Lex/Georgetown area? I know Asylum would be huge competition, but it would save a lot of players time and money and possibly grow the sport in this area.
Captain,#51
Sponsored by; Planet Eclipse, Virtue, Carbon, ImmortalAir, Ally Remembered Foundation
BRING ME BOMBER OR ROCKSTAR EGO'S!
HKArmyKid219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2020, 12:42 AM #2
Paintballerdog01
Guns for a pro.

Paintballerdog01 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Paintballerdog01 supports Team VICIOUS
Paintballerdog01 posts videos on PbNation
just a money thing i bet. maybe instead of competing against asylum they should talk about going into business with them to open a second location. obviously would need to create a business plan... I myself called the zoning commissioner of Lexington and he told me that there are plenty of zones in Lexington now that would qualify for a paintball field ... they zone it under "amusement" if i remember correctly .. few years ago a paintball field in Lex was an absolute no go everywhere so that was THE problem.

Between all overhead cost id say you opening number would float around 70k tho.... who has that rn!? business loan needed for sure. At least for me if i wanted to do it .

ive also been looking into buying a encapsulation machine and making good field paint thats required
Old 06-25-2020, 11:55 AM #3
cellophane303

I can think of at least 3 fields that were in the Lexington area (Paris, Winchester, & Georgetown respectively) in the past (c. 2000-2004), but the numbers were never there to support it long-term. I'm pretty sure the only reason the latter two lasted as long as they did is because they were more or less run by a local team.
cellophane303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:53 PM #4
Paintballerdog01
Guns for a pro.

Paintballerdog01 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Paintballerdog01 supports Team VICIOUS
Paintballerdog01 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellophane303 View Post
I can think of at least 3 fields that were in the Lexington area (Paris, Winchester, & Georgetown respectively) in the past (c. 2000-2004), but the numbers were never there to support it long-term. I'm pretty sure the only reason the latter two lasted as long as they did is because they were more or less run by a local team.
Yes however paintball hill, paintball games of the bluegrass and game on paintball were all very sub par fields. If something in Lexington or surrounding a county was executed at a slightly higher level with more attention to detail and a more comprehensive business model, I believe it would be successful. Asylum also has air soft and rc racing which is an amazing feature to the business.. brings in tons of other clients. Don't get me wrong, im sure there were times the owner of Asylum felt over his head but in the end he adapted and has a lot to show for.