PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-03-2015, 11:45 PM #1
expro
what's up

starting New pro team

What's up guys. I'm Kelly. I use to play for Image before I joined the military. I just got out and I'm looking to start a new team. I've been thinking about this for a while now and I've decided to go all in and form a semi-pro team. Impact is the closest team so we can try and get in on a few practices before Vegas next year. I'm looking for a solid 7 guys that would want to put forth the effort and bare the pain to try and make it.

Last edited by expro : 12-04-2015 at 11:08 AM.
expro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2015, 01:13 PM #2
Erok
<-- BS 180 tail

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
Erok has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Erok has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Erok has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Erok has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Erok owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
You want to build an all Alaskan pro team? And which Image did you play for? Montreal?

907 Paintball fielded a team for NXL World Cup this year but for many of us it was our first national (or regional) tournament. The talent is there but we're kind of just beginning to cultivate it I guess you could say.

Edit: Also, the problem with Vegas next year is that out local field - 907 Paintball, doesn't even open before that tournament. There's no indoor field up here in AK any more either.
Erok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:37 PM #3
expro
what's up

I played for the original Image from the NPPL. Our home field was Atlanta paintball. I also played for the Amateur A team Addicted. I just found out that the indoor place in Wasilla closed which sucks ***.Lol. we're you on the team that went to the Cup this year? We can always find a place to play it just depends on how dedicated the team is and if we can afford to travel to practice.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:55 PM #4
Erok
<-- BS 180 tail

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Gotcha. Yeah I remember watching Addicted in 300 FPS.

And yes I played for the team that went to Cup. We've already been talking about potentially going to the Cleveland event and World Cup as well next season.

As far as playing during the offseason, I just don't know if it's feasible for an Alaskan team to travel for practices without major sponsorships or a pro team level budget.

We can definitely talk about plans for next season and like I said, we already have a group of guys that are committed and looking to travel for the 2016 NXL season again. But if you're looking to play division 1 ball for the whole NXL season you'd more than likely have to join a team from the states.

Last edited by Erok : 12-05-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:25 PM #5
expro
what's up

I'd be willing to play just a couple of events next year but it would have to be D1.I'd want this to be a new team with a new name(already picked out) and a unique look. If you'd wanna meet up and talk about it let me know man.

Edit... and there will be an extensive physical fitness regime to go along with this.

Last edited by expro : 12-05-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:56 PM #6
expro
what's up

Do you wanna meet up sometime and talk about this? I live in eagle river.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:49 PM #7
Klub

It'd be expensive, mostly due to airfare and lack of ability to practice in the winter, but there's for sure alot of dedicated experienced guys over at 907 paintball. I'd love to jump in on the fun, but I'll be traveling all of next summer.
Klub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:56 PM #8
expro
what's up

That's cool man. I know it would take some cash on the players side but if we just focus on going to Cleveland and the Cup it shouldn't be that bad. Think Todd from 907 would want to coach?
Old 12-07-2015, 11:15 PM #9
Erok
<-- BS 180 tail

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Todd was our coach this past season. He wasn't able to go to Cup with us but he ran practices and scrimmages with us at the field. And yeah we could get together and talk about it. PM me and we'll figure something out. I live in town.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:07 PM #10
Gayhookupguide

Gayhookupguide is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups