Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2020, 06:47 PM #1
Jasonvg16

What is a good auto cocker to buy?

So I have always wanted an auto cocker. But I know nothing about them. I want a good one, but there’s so many different kinds. What is a solid, higher end, rope shooting autococker that doesn’t need any crazy fine tuning. I come from electric guns.
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2020, 01:26 AM #2
Mr. Charlie

They all will need to be tinkered with and timed.

It’s just how they work.

If you want an easier version then maybe look into the Trilogy AutoCockers.

They have built in 3-ways and are not supposed to need as much tinkering.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:56 AM #3
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
They all will need to be tinkered with and timed.

It’s just how they work.

If you want an easier version then maybe look into the Trilogy AutoCockers.

They have built in 3-ways and are not supposed to need as much tinkering.
More than just how they work, that’s the whole fun of them!
We buy them because we enjoy tinkering and swapping things over. No matter what we say, we enjoy the frustration we feel after staying up late to tune the cocker for the next day, only to show up and have timing be wayyyy off.
If paintball guns have personalities, an autococker is Gary Busey.
To op, you’re looking for more of a Denzel Washington, I’d stick with electros.
Or if you have a decent backup and you don’t mind taking something apart that may never again see the light of day, come over to the dark side, we have puppies and chocolate.
Pickup any used cocker on eBay. But yeah none are really a set and forget dsr/geo.

Last edited by J.J.Strom : 03-22-2020 at 08:00 AM.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:08 AM #4
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath is Boss
The empire resurrection is a good starting point, but they cost quite a bit more than a used cocker off evilbay. The slider frame on the resurrection also helps prevent short-stroking, which has to do with trigger control. The Trilogy really is full proof. a couple of companies came out with different valves that made it preform better on HPA. The trilogy was really designed to work with anything, but built around CO2.
sokopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:10 AM #5
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

The ressi is actual a good point I somehow forgot. Basically all the best features with less fuss. But yeah a lil more exspensive. But hey he did say high end 🙂
Flatline autococker and pump it
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:13 AM #6
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.Strom View Post
The ressi is actual a good point I somehow forgot. Basically all the best features with less fuss. But yeah a lil more exspensive. But hey he did say high end 🙂
Flatline autococker and pump it
old school full send
sokopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:14 AM #7
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

Every Autococker shoots ropes with a good barrel and paint. (Crazy) Fine tuning is necessary and part of owning a good shooting autococker.

Get a cheap one as your fist autococker and learn from it.

Trilogy is usually a good starter --> no jam nut also means you don´t need a valve tool for disassembly.

check this:
http://www.moodypb.com/cart/index.ph...vtljmkse50vjd3
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:52 PM #8
Bjaallen

Get a cocker that works and do not ****n with it, ever.

Don't poke it with any Allen keys other than the one that fits the IVG when you're at the chrony. If you dont know what the IVG is (internal velocity adjuster), you should not try to "sweet spot" the reg. Read the instruction book, the internet has it if you don't have a copy.

Don't "tinker", don't try to "time it faster" or swap springs/valves/pneumatics. Do not give it a "trigger job."

Shoot this cocker (the working one you just bought but will not ****m with) every game you can. Balls will roll out of your barrel: use a tighter bore. Balls will chop: don't worry, it's probably all your fault. You short stroked or need to use a bigger bore.

When you're happy with your first cocker, start building your own. From budget to top end there's a build for everyone. I always start with a body and go from there.

Also, don't buy a trilogy, it's the off shore bastard that killed the autococker. It's the reason Empire had it's Chinese necromancers resurrect the cocker. You can get a trilly when you have 2 other functional cockers.

If that doesn't sound like somethin you're into then I recommend buying a really nice automag.
Bjaallen is offline   Reply With Quote