Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 10-18-2020, 09:12 PM #85
dye*bmxer2001

dye*bmxer2001 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
dye*bmxer2001 plays in the APPA beginner division
He's off the Ironmen roster now. I imagine it will probably be confirmed in the next week or two as teams start really practicing for cup. Arod was coaching Sicarios at UPL today and Mouse was working with a team in Oklahoma so maybe next weekend?
dye*bmxer2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2020, 10:41 AM #86
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a founding member
4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
He left the team.
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:53 PM #87
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
He left the team.
Why did you have to be so mean to the guy Nick? You could have let him borrow your Black Lotus magic card when he asked.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:21 AM #88
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Quote:
He left the team.
Why did you have to be so mean to the guy Nick? You could have let him borrow your Black Lotus magic card when he asked.
Quite literally laughed out loud at this. Ahhh the old times of Magic: The Gathering.
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:32 AM #89
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
He wanted Time Walk and Mana Vault. He took my Black Lotus out of the case and now it's rated LP
Old 10-21-2020, 04:00 PM #90
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Quote:
He wanted Time Walk and Mana Vault. He took my Black Lotus out of the case and now it's rated LP
I'm dead serious.... Laughing to convulsions.
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:54 PM #91
_tamer_

plays in the NXL
_tamer_ owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
_tamer_ plays in the APPA D3 division
I'm not sure why so many people are upset he did what he did. Paintball isn't a big money sport for athletes, so chasing a paycheck seems like the most logical move imo. If my main profession was a professional athlete, than I'd want to go where I'm being offered the most money to play too. Most of these "loyal" guys typically come from money, or are so well supported by their team/field/owner it doesn't phase them at all. Dude can play on 1000 different teams over the course of his career and it will impact me zero, good for him.
_tamer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:18 PM #92
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tamer_ View Post
I'm not sure why so many people are upset he did what he did. Paintball isn't a big money sport for athletes, so chasing a paycheck seems like the most logical move imo. If my main profession was a professional athlete, than I'd want to go where I'm being offered the most money to play too. Most of these "loyal" guys typically come from money, or are so well supported by their team/field/owner it doesn't phase them at all. Dude can play on 1000 different teams over the course of his career and it will impact me zero, good for him.
I’m sure the pandemic screwed up a lot of what was in the contract he signed with Dye. Now impact had arguably the best player in the world right now, good for the both of them. Anyways, does anyone know if alex fraige and yosh rau are stepping down? Alex hasn’t been playing much the past 2 seasons, I know yosh had an event last season where he had 30+ kills, so he’s still got it if he tries hard, but I don’t see them at the dynasty practices
Old 10-24-2020, 10:09 PM #93
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I’m sure the pandemic screwed up a lot of what was in the contract he signed with Dye. Now impact had arguably the best player in the world right now, good for the both of them. Anyways, does anyone know if alex fraige and yosh rau are stepping down? Alex hasn’t been playing much the past 2 seasons, I know yosh had an event last season where he had 30+ kills, so he’s still got it if he tries hard, but I don’t see them at the dynasty practices
I know F1 just released a couple new Force colorways and Alex and Yosh are the 2 that actually work there putting together guns and whatever else they may do.

Plus they are at the point now where they can just practice the 2 weekends before the event and play just as good as if they practiced the 2 months leading up to the event.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:58 AM #94
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
#1P8ntballer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
#1P8ntballer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
I know F1 just released a couple new Force colorways and Alex and Yosh are the 2 that actually work there putting together guns and whatever else they may do.

Plus they are at the point now where they can just practice the 2 weekends before the event and play just as good as if they practiced the 2 months leading up to the event.
Would love to see them grinding it out to help take Dynasty to the top but many of these guys may not have the necessary bandwith to continue to grow their paintbal skillset anymore, only maintaining existing and maybe even slight decline.

They are running a business, and have a family at this point. Business is a 24/7 thing. And so is family in terms of growing relationship with your partner.
Imagine having a finite set amount of bandwith of 10 units.
Family is non-negociable. It requires 4 to 8 units sometimes.

Then you have the remaining for F1 business. Running a start up business takes 6 to 10 units. They are on overdrive already.

The remaining is put towards actually playing paintball, which is very little left.

Compare that to someone on Impact who can (I'd assume) allocate 4-5 units just to focusing on grinding as a player bc it is their paid job. You're going to have a different outcome.

Dynasty needs to pick up more hungry young players like Mike Urena.
Picking up ex-retired or older players like Dalton, Skemp, or Arturo are weapons but these guys have shorter lifespan as a player and are more of a bandaid as they'll run into the same issue in just a few years.
I digress as this is a thread about A-Rod/Ironmen/Impact.

Would love to see Dynasty / F1 be able to put together a deal to keep someone ARod.
Bob Long Ripper Victory Marq
----NT11 ----CHEAP 600+
Zombie Nation NT
Custom 2k2 Timmy ACS Body Spimmy
ANS Gen-X Autococker Adrenaline Angel LED Black Magic Autococker 2001 Angel LCD Dark Angel LED ReTro valve Automag
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:31 PM #95
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:

Ya maybe that’s why they can’t get past the semi finals anymore if they have multiple players just practicing the layouts only 2 weeks ahead of an event
Old 10-27-2020, 01:26 PM #96
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
age and skill

Quote:
Ya maybe that’s why they can’t get past the semi finals anymore if they have multiple players just practicing the layouts only 2 weeks ahead of an event
As an old man who's been playing for 31 years, I can assure you at some point, no matter how hard you try your reaction times, ability to handle stress, your ability to heal from a hard day and athletic ability will start to fade. When the t-levels go, you go. I can still hold my own but.....there's no way, no matter how much I practice would I ever be able to maintain the level I played at 10 years ago. I'm now 49. When you hit 40 it's like a light switch going off. Most of these guys aren't as old as me but it still plays a roll. Pro paintball is tough on the body, even young bodies.

Especially when it comes to durability......having older players practice MORE may actually wear them down and make them less effective on game day.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:03 PM #97
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
As an old man who's been playing for 31 years, I can assure you at some point, no matter how hard you try your reaction times, ability to handle stress, your ability to heal from a hard day and athletic ability will start to fade. When the t-levels go, you go. I can still hold my own but.....there's no way, no matter how much I practice would I ever be able to maintain the level I played at 10 years ago. I'm now 49. When you hit 40 it's like a light switch going off. Most of these guys aren't as old as me but it still plays a roll. Pro paintball is tough on the body, even young bodies.

Especially when it comes to durability......having older players practice MORE may actually wear them down and make them less effective on game day.
I hit 40 this year and it's crazy how sore I feel after a day of playing compared to a just a couple years ago. I think you're going to see a lot of the old Dynasty guys hanging it up in the next year or two because they're all just a couple years younger than I am.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:33 PM #98
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
As an old man who's been playing for 31 years, I can assure you at some point, no matter how hard you try your reaction times, ability to handle stress, your ability to heal from a hard day and athletic ability will start to fade. When the t-levels go, you go. I can still hold my own but.....there's no way, no matter how much I practice would I ever be able to maintain the level I played at 10 years ago. I'm now 49. When you hit 40 it's like a light switch going off. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG] Most of these guys aren't as old as me but it still plays a roll. Pro paintball is tough on the body, even young bodies.

I hit 40 this year and it's crazy how sore I feel after a day of playing compared to a just a couple years ago. I think you're going to see a lot of the old Dynasty guys hanging it up in the next year or two because they're all just a couple years younger than I am.
A lot of the Russian guys are in their mid to late 30s as well. I think greenspan stays for a few more years though. He’s still one of the top 10 players in the world right now in my opinion.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:43 PM #99
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
A lot of the Russian guys are in their mid to late 30s as well. I think greenspan stays for a few more years though. He’s still one of the top 10 players in the world right now in my opinion.
Ryan is in better shape than 90% of guys between the age of 18-40 lol
Old 10-27-2020, 05:50 PM #100
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Ryan is in better shape than 90% of guys between the age of 18-40 lol
Ryan is an athletic freak.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:34 AM #101
PBSales

Quote:
HA. The old 40 milestone. You just never believe it until it happens to you.
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:56 AM #102
zro.demise
"Back in the Day"

zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
If in fact they do start slowing down and decide to hang it up I hope they still have room to play Classic/Mechanical tournaments. I enjoy watching the core of that team play and the energy they bring to paintball.
zro.demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:20 AM #103
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
HA. The old 40 milestone. You just never believe it until it happens to you.
You know anyplace I can get a deal on a walker?
Old 10-28-2020, 08:27 AM #104
mDub TK

mDub TK is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL 2
mDub TK plays in the APPA D1 division
Have the brackets been posted for the Pro Division yet?
mDub TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:30 AM #105
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by mDub TK View Post
Have the brackets been posted for the Pro Division yet?
Yes.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.