PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2020, 03:37 AM #1
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

FS Hero regulator - damaged piston face

I finally decided to buy a new Tank Regulator and ditch the First Strike Hero Reg.

It´s sad I kinda love the compact design + tool less rotation, but mine was too unreliable to keep it as my main tank regulator.

The problem is that the piston face gets dented over time or immediately after airing the tank up.

Last time I sent it in for a service. Got told they had to remove some burs on the counterpart to the piston face inside of the reg.

Pic of my first and last Piston (had 4 in total, 2 white face and 2 newer with black face).

Buddy of me had the same problem. Anyone else here can report this?

Trying to figure out if i should toss it in the bin or take my time to send it in for antother sevice and keep it as a spare reg.
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2020, 05:33 AM #2
Mr. Charlie

I had the same problem with mine. The black ones are supposed to be the new, more durable Reg Seat but I still had the same issue with the deformation. I’m pretty sure that is also what causes them to “Ping”...

Supposedly the new Regulators have fixed this issue?
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:19 AM #3
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Supposedly the new Regulators have fixed this issue?
I asked FS Hero upon release of the 2.0 what the difference is and only got a short answer "We improved the seals".
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:10 PM #4
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
all regulator seats will wear out, how fast is the issue. id hope that youd be able to get 2 seasons from a reg seat/piston.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:22 PM #5
Drayven

has been a member for 10 years
Get ahold of James at service@first-strike.com. He can get you another piston without having to send your tank in. What output are you running at?
Old 11-22-2020, 06:43 PM #6
tnarbutt28

plays in the NXL
tnarbutt28 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
tnarbutt28 supports DLX Technology
tnarbutt28 supports Shocker RSX
Im in the same boat as you guys, i carried 2 reg bodies and multiple pistobs/rebuild kits. I never made it through 2 events with my first strike regs. Kept them all around the 500 output range. Then there was the "issue" of them all pinging. Bot a huge deal to me but i know others who used my tank and hated it for that reason.

I will say the tanks themselves are awesome. Bit wider than the ninja tanks so they shoulder really nice, just needed to swap the reg out with a different brand.
tnarbutt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:52 AM #7
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Love the adjustment design and layout, but the piston seat design is just junk and that hasn't changed. The small surface area vs. the loads it sees is just off. Having many markers, the ability to adjust the regulator orientation without tools and with air in the bottle is so, so handy. But the piston seat design is just so unfortunate.

The Powerhouse regulator is still the best on the market when it comes to durability/longevity, and while you need to loosen 3 set screws to orient it, you *can* adjust it with air in the bottle due to the separated and captured bonnet.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:48 AM #8
MrMeatball

MrMeatball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MrMeatball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Glad I ran across this thread. Found someone getting rid of an FS Hero2 locally, and since USPS is holding my other tank hostage, I needed a one so I could play before 2022. Took advantage of the deal, but hadn't heard there were reg issues. Just grabbed a HAYMKR so hopefully, that will be a system I can run for a long while.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:40 PM #9
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeatball View Post
Glad I ran across this thread. Found someone getting rid of an FS Hero2 locally, and since USPS is holding my other tank hostage, I needed a one so I could play before 2022. Took advantage of the deal, but hadn't heard there were reg issues. Just grabbed a HAYMKR so hopefully, that will be a system I can run for a long while.
welcome to the powerhouse family.

the FS hero isnt a bad reg, it has some trick features. the burst discs are the best out there. the fill nipple is the smallest and the magnetic collar is soo slick. but the older and original pistons are temperamental to say the least.