PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-02-2020, 03:50 AM #1
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

Delrin vs Steel trigger plate

Comparing only trigger plates (same setup of springs).
Is there any noticeable difference in friction -- pull weight?
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2020, 11:47 PM #2
jun

has been a member for 10 years
FWIW, I can’t tell the difference on my Inception Designs frames with roller bearing sears.
jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:15 PM #3
Dk-79
SCHWING!

Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
A roller sear will be the best you can do on a slide frame... There was a company who made roller plates long ago but good luck finding one.

I prefer metal parts, especially for parts that are going to get a lot of torque and tension. A bolt just goes back and forth, a trigger plate gets wrenched on all different ways.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:07 AM #4
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk-79 View Post
A roller sear will be the best you can do on a slide frame... There was a company who made roller plates long ago but good luck finding one.

I prefer metal parts, especially for parts that are going to get a lot of torque and tension. A bolt just goes back and forth, a trigger plate gets wrenched on all different ways.
If the OP is referring to the ID stuff (sounds like he is), they use roller sears.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:00 PM #5
lew
Timebomb Generation

I'm really curious how these Delrin plates hold up after repeated firing cycles.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:51 PM #6
ptballa1
species :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk-79 View Post
There was a company who made roller plates long ago but good luck finding one.
Nummech sells roller plates

http://www.nummech.com/prod_item_telostrigger.html
Old 11-21-2020, 08:31 PM #7
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Super69ur supports Ninja Paintball
Inception designs frames work best with delrin trigger plates. The shoulder bolts have less contact wear surface than if you have a traditional slide frame where the top of the plate rides along the body. Really livens things up.

I still maintain than an AKA steel trigger plate is the best available for a pre98 frame.

2k frame? Nummech. 100%

Inception? Delrin. Steel seems clunkier.

Gunfighter? Killshot Delrin as well.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:15 PM #8
Sinister Kid
CLT, NC magfed and mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post
Inception designs frames work best with delrin trigger plates. The shoulder bolts have less contact wear surface than if you have a traditional slide frame where the top of the plate rides along the body. Really livens things up.

I still maintain than an AKA steel trigger plate is the best available for a pre98 frame.

2k frame? Nummech. 100%

Inception? Delrin. Steel seems clunkier.

Gunfighter? Killshot Delrin as well.
Can you elaborate on why you think the Nummech is the best for 2k frames? I'd say it better be pretty good to justify 50 dollars for just the plate. do you run the nummech roller sear too?
Sinister Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:43 AM #9
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
If the OP is referring to the ID stuff (sounds like he is), they use roller sears.
I am. I watched a video where Simon is comparing different trigger plates an their pull weight. Didn't saw at first that he also changed the sear&trigger return spring, which is why I asked.

Ended up ordering&testing a bunch of fitting sear springs with different wire diameters.

Trigger pull is now significantly lighter. The steep ramp of the ID SAS trigger is almost not noticeable.

The trigger plate itself is barely touching the body. I can't imagine how a delrin plate would change anything in terms of frictional resistance.

Last edited by Knorkator : 11-24-2020 at 05:56 AM.
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote