PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-30-2020, 11:42 PM #1
geardownson

Annual Supporting Member
Better mask than the empire eflex?

I'm kinda old school. I had a eflex back in the day and loved it. This sounds weird but playing now after 5 years and wearing a motorcycle helmet for a few years i feel the visibility is crap on these. The looking down and forehead protections seem like crap. Any suggestions on an upgrade? After playing a scenario game today i really felt like my vision was hindered. I don't wear glasses so that's not an issue but i am a bigger guy(6ft 220) So my priorities in order are as followed. Im not over keeping what i have either if that's pretty much as good as it gets. Price is not an issue. Thank you for the input.

1. Anti fogging (should already be a given)
2. Field of view (any big upgrade over what i have)
3. Forehead protection? (not really a big thing)
geardownson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2020, 02:28 AM #2
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Bunkerkings CMD

Virtue VIO Extend

Dye I5

Those are my recommendations (in order) for you to try on first if possible.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:56 AM #3
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Now I will admit I have a smaller head than most guys running out in the field, but I'd say it is medium sized. I personally recommend the Dye head masks. They are great masks and super comfy! The lens change is spectacular. The color options are what draws a lot of people. My best feature to say is the lightweight feel and profile.

Good luck with your search.
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:20 PM #4
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
I have a bigger head, 7 5/8 hat size, my current favs are

Vio extend 2 with Bunker kings foam and pro pad, best mask to date.

Push with the extension.

I would love to wear i5’s as I think dye has the best lens’s

Everything from empire just seems subpar. The lens’s are not good and they don’t sound or breath well.

Cmds are nice but they are very similar to a fancy ascends.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:53 AM #5
kingsize

Have the vio 2 Extend or the cmd more forehead protection?
kingsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:29 PM #6
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by geardownson View Post
I'm kinda old school. I had a eflex back in the day and loved it. This sounds weird but playing now after 5 years and wearing a motorcycle helmet for a few years i feel the visibility is crap on these. The looking down and forehead protections seem like crap. Any suggestions on an upgrade? After playing a scenario game today i really felt like my vision was hindered. I don't wear glasses so that's not an issue but i am a bigger guy(6ft 220) So my priorities in order are as followed. Im not over keeping what i have either if that's pretty much as good as it gets. Price is not an issue. Thank you for the input.

1. Anti fogging (should already be a given)
2. Field of view (any big upgrade over what i have)
3. Forehead protection? (not really a big thing)
You'll have to post up and let us know what you went with!
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:28 PM #7
Paul77

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsize View Post
Have the vio 2 Extend or the cmd more forehead protection?
both are the same essentally

well you can put the black visor on the extend and thatll be the most forehead protection.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:54 PM #8
geardownson

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
both are the same essentally

well you can put the black visor on the extend and thatll be the most forehead protection.
Visors don't really mean a whole lot. It just deflects the ball INTO your forehead..lol. I just threw that in there because i was salty after an event. Played all day without any real painfull shots then at the end they put 30 or so of us on a speedball course to duke it out and i got smacked at the very end right in the forehead. Then got lit up just trying to get off the field lol
Old 06-03-2020, 09:57 PM #9
geardownson

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
I have a bigger head, 7 5/8 hat size, my current favs are

Vio extend 2 with Bunker kings foam and pro pad, best mask to date.

Push with the extension.

I would love to wear i5ís as I think dye has the best lensís

Everything from empire just seems subpar. The lensís are not good and they donít sound or breath well.

Cmds are nice but they are very similar to a fancy ascends.
Field of view pretty good in the VIO? The empire i got is pretty cool and i got a chrome lens to pimp it out but its molded after all the masks from before with the same kind of view so i don't know any better..
Old 06-04-2020, 01:49 AM #10
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Wear some kind of head covering.

I wear a Beanie/Stocking Cap all of the time I’m playing - even in 100* heat with 100 % Humidity lol...

I just put it on before every game and take it off after. Pretty much everyone I know uses some kind of head covering.

Most Masks don’t really have forehead protection, or the ones that do look funky lol.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:58 PM #11
geardownson

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Wear some kind of head covering.

I wear a Beanie/Stocking Cap all of the time Iím playing - even in 100* heat with 100 % Humidity lol...

I just put it on before every game and take it off after. Pretty much everyone I know uses some kind of head covering.

Most Masks donít really have forehead protection, or the ones that do look funky lol.

Thank you for the input. I was kinda thinking that too just want to hear from a more recent player. Im on the lookout for a thick sandana headband of some sort
Old 06-06-2020, 04:26 PM #12
Paul77

Annual Supporting Member
I double headband normally, and in the fall I may wear a toque/beanie/kitted cap what ever you wanna call it.