Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-03-2020, 11:53 PM #1
Mike4424

Strange Airway Spyder TL

This paintball marker was given to me by a friend, I have never owned my own marker and have only been to a woodsball field a few times, so I'm kind of a noob. As you can see the foregrip and ASA adapter have teflon tape and the foregrip doesnt match the standard TL foregrip. Is this a knock off or some sort of custom modification? I ordered new o-rings and a cupseal because it leaks air out of the front of the gun, hopefully that fixes it. Otherwise any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2739.jpg (1.57 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2741.jpg (1.30 MB, 6 views)
Mike4424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2020, 10:09 AM #2
dcbiii
Mega Moderator

dcbiii is a Mega Moderator
Looks like someone tried to attach a generic gas through grip or vertical expansion chamber to the tank threads on your vertical adapter using a series of thread adapters. "Expansion chambers" were basically cylinders that allowed liquid CO2 the ability to convert to gas to aid in consistency and stop the gun from freezing up.

For about $15-20 you can clean it up with a different model that screws directly in, but make sure that bottom hose isn't a strange metric thread as opposed to 1/8 NPT.

If you have to replace the hose, then you're replacing the ASA (where you screw your tank into) and at that point the parts are worth more than the gun.

Here's some expansion chambers:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...tball&_sacat=0

If you're running high pressure / compressed air instead of CO2, you could just get a gas through foregrip with the standard tank threads at the top, but it looks like expansion chambers are cheaper and don't cause any decrease in performance when used with HPA.

Welcome to PbNation!
Old 07-06-2020, 10:14 PM #3
tarsun

that actually looks like it has a taso barrel on it, so youre goo there. the field might give you a hard time about not having a safety though.
if youre running hpa, then you can ditch the expansion chamber as stated above and either have a gas-through grip or even run the hose right to the vert adapter.
tarsun is offline   Reply With Quote