Community Focus

Old 05-31-2021, 08:51 PM #1
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Genesis

After owning several Stella barrels, mostly, slimline tipped, I have my eye on an Emek FLE kit, but it comes with a Genesis Tip (?) How is the Genesis Tip compare to the slimline in terms of sound, less porting equals louder report ? Also what are the bore dimension, I have searched all over and nobody has any info on this barrel, figured Simon would release a video on it like all his other products. This is the only thing holding me back from buying the kit.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2021, 07:37 PM #2
custar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
After owning several Stella barrels, mostly, slimline tipped, I have my eye on an Emek FLE kit, but it comes with a Genesis Tip (?) How is the Genesis Tip compare to the slimline in terms of sound, less porting equals louder report ? Also what are the bore dimension, I have searched all over and nobody has any info on this barrel, figured Simon would release a video on it like all his other products. This is the only thing holding me back from buying the kit.
I picked up a Genesis mini kit (.686 control bore and Genesis tip) and a Stella .680 control bore. I am heading to D-Day next week where I will give them a run out and report back. I cannot help with the ID of the tip, but I would bet good money it is the same .693 as the more common Stella tip.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

WTB Action Markers Diadem

Old feedback
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:36 PM #3
The Jayster
Old timer

The Jayster owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
but I would bet good money it is the same .693 as the more common Stella tip.
I'd make the same bet.

Before I got my FLE kit, I ran a PE Shaft 4 kit and honestly I didn't really notice a difference between that and the Genesis where sound signature is concerned.

One thing I really do like about the Genesis is that the porting is smaller, which is more effective at keeping paint splatter out of the barrel.