PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2016, 10:46 AM #652
omeblaston
unrivaled

has been a member for 10 years
So re enlistment window is opening soon, going to reclass. Gotta get into a mos that will help get a job when I eventually get out. One option I was thinking CID. Are the rumors true that nobody will hire you because of the way you're trained.
omeblaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2016, 09:42 AM #653
omeblaston
unrivaled

Thanks bro. Actually 35L is another one I'm thinking about. Just want something thats more applicable to a real person job when I get out.
omeblaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:28 PM #654
rT159
BlackOps

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeblaston View Post
So re enlistment window is opening soon, going to reclass. Gotta get into a mos that will help get a job when I eventually get out. One option I was thinking CID. Are the rumors true that nobody will hire you because of the way you're trained.
Nobody likes Law Enforcement...the military is no different.

Quote:
Thanks bro. Actually 35L is another one I'm thinking about. Just want something thats more applicable to a real person job when I get out.
Better hope you're an E4(p) or E5 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnctaj View Post
Anything 35 is all in how you take charge of your own career, and to what extent you're allowed to based on the relationship with the command you build. I look at Mikes and Limas that don't seek to cross-queue intelligence disciplines, don't learn basics of how to patrol, don't know anything about CATR and it makes me shake my head.

Those same dudes also flunk meet mechanics, don't know half of the nineteen approaches, etc. They refuse to try to study psychology, especially work done by Ekman with strong scientific basis and easy integration into their jobs. It's a wonder how they so often get stripes with rockers.

For those dudes, they'll be stuck in the military. For others, there's opportunities built up in penetration testing, detective work and police work in general, social hacking, computer sciences, electronics repair... the sky's pretty much the limit because you're responsible for human interaction, for DOMEX, for TSE/SSE, and so on, and you develop a good intuition for how people tick (every job involves dealing with people), how processes work (via the exploitation of people, documents, and analysis of everything), and basic mechanics (non-humint/ci technical gear that we get saddled with).
You're so helpful, you know that? Side note, give this book a good look. Check the website out to see if it interests you first. Highly recommend the guy. His live training is some of the best in the biz.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:45 AM #655
paintballty99
You's dead, brah.

paintballty99 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintballty99 supports Bob Gurnsey
Pbnation really died didn't it?

Originally Posted by Lyndon
Germans called Canadians storm troopers in WWI, not because we were good, but because we reminded them of Star Wars.
paintballty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:01 PM #656
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballty99 View Post
Pbnation really died didn't it?
yeah, pretty much.

the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:38 PM #657
KingTomis

KingTomis supports our troops
yup
Old 02-03-2017, 12:12 AM #658
rT159
BlackOps

You're all gay.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:41 PM #659
rT159
BlackOps

Quote:
Ain't nothing gayer than spooning under the starlight with your buds and a 240 and one woobie for the three of you.
It's not gay if it's warm. Where you stationed these days?
Old 03-11-2017, 07:12 PM #660
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate

prpntblr95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
prpntblr95 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
prpntblr95 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
prpntblr95 is Legendary
Any 92F's here?
Old 03-19-2017, 01:02 PM #661
Goove
Rope Thrower

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Goove owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Goove plays in the APPA D4 division
Whats cracking you dirty Legs!
M2 - Murder
LUXE X - Blue and Black
Goove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:27 AM #662
KeyBank

I was debating of joining the Army or finishing up college instead. I passed the ASVAB and the test scores expire this Summer.
KeyBank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:54 AM #663
KeyBank

Quote:
Okay, what sort of assistance are you looking for?

SOCAD schools are cheap with T/A, and there are opportunities for regionally and nationally accredited degrees via AIT and a handful of AP/IB-like tests that are stupid easy to pass, all of which can be paid for by the Army without touching your GI bill (either post 9.11 or the MGIB, which for most people is a waste of $1200).

Chances are that your job will be primarily doing stupid work not related to your MOS - even if you're infantry - and dealing with stupid children who became stupid(er) "leaders". But you might get one of the cushy units that gives a **** about unit welfare, or a good unit that gives a **** about both welfare and capabilities, and will push you to both get training you need for your job and to enjoy your family/personal time.
Tuition assistance would be helpful for college. I was talking to a recruiter last week about different jobs in the Army. Debating if Infantry is something I would like to do.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:24 PM #664
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Subterfuge owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Infantry is not like paintball, but I suppose it is good training to know the depth of suffering one must endure to move heavy **** from point A to point B. I thought we were not getting enough training, but the rifle ranges in the civilian world tend to suck compared to qualifying ranges. The military has state of the art ranges, and I didn't realize this until I got out. There is more freedom on civilian courses however and you don't always have to feel like you have to pass a test just to get off the rifle range. Your mindset has to change from paintball where it's just pure fun, to learning how to war which is absolute meaningless hell. As an infantryman, you will be in the middle of it and it's very psychologically damaging. It takes a while to understand, while half of the SGT's are telling you absolutely wrong ****, and if you don't do it wrong, you get punished for it in some way. Do the right thing while keeping it secret and you will go a long way. The officers will see it, even though your dip**** SGT doesn't.

I would think any intelligence MOS would help you understand what is going on. As a lower enlisted infantryman, it felt like you were kept in the dark about what was going on most of the time. It is life changing being on the frontlines, and seeing the news report your situations however. You realize that anyone on television doesn't know ****, but they act like they do. Then you start to understand that they are pushing some kind of agenda that doesn't have anything to do with the situation they are reporting on.

I forgot about infantry being garrison janitors. I hated that. It felt you did more boring mundane cleaning jobs, than training. If you don't know how to play the army game, it will wear you out.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 08-28-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:22 AM #665
KeyBank

Quote:
What questions do you have? At which jobs were you looking? What are the pro's and what are the cons for you going infantry as you see it?
Well, I thought infantry would be different. Attack platoons vs defense platoons. Basically you just get sent where ever. You can't choose which one. So the chance of getting injured / dying are a lot higher. Other jobs I'm not sure I haven't found anything that sounds interesting besides combat. Some technology jobs seem ok, same with admin jobs. But who wants to fill out paperwork in the army instead of being apart of the battle?
Old 01-10-2018, 03:55 AM #666
paintballty99
You's dead, brah.

paintballty99 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintballty99 supports Bob Gurnsey
Bump!

Press F to pay respects to PBNation's military forum.

Originally Posted by Lyndon
Germans called Canadians storm troopers in WWI, not because we were good, but because we reminded them of Star Wars.
paintballty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:49 PM #667
omeblaston
unrivaled

What do you bros know about Polk? Found out I'm on assignment there. What's the area/unit/housing like? Where are the good places to live off post?
Old 12-17-2019, 03:53 PM #668
tostado22

tostado22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Bump!

F
tostado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:43 AM #669
ChaseR

Quote:
Bump!

F
ChaseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:13 PM #670
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Subterfuge owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
F
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:35 AM #671
humanchimpman
Women Belong To Me

humanchimpman owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
Quote:
It is true. Those things can take a toll on you. Get a good counselor.
Paintball is life. Life is about everything. All of that. The field means everything. What does "Brass Eagle" mean? Nothing. Modify. It is the only way to see. The light. The distance. The proof. It is there. The only problem is who we can find to take this work on. That is the thing.
humanchimpman is offline   Reply With Quote